What's new

The lack of new tech found and information about this game is killing me slowly.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
This game is boring for me because of the lack of interesting moves and therefore tech. This game is mostly about spacing and punishing. There's not much tech with that. It's just make your opponent do something unsafe and punish. There are very few interesting moves in the tournament variation of characters for tech to be found.

MKX had a lot of more interesting set up based moves for tech to be found. Sonya Special Forces and Demolition, Quan Chi Sorcerer and Summoner, Mileena Ethereal, Triborg Cyrax, Bo Rai Cho fart set ups, Konjurer alien, Hat trick King Lao and the list goes on. The only interesting moves like this I can think of is Dvorah bug set ups and maybe Geras rewind time move in his less popular variation. I feel like everything interesting was discovered was found in the first 2 weeks and that's why I got bored so quick.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Is it really thriving?
Is the big evo # because more people are actually playing it or is it just natural progression of these events getting bigger.
Its crazy that a franchise this old gets beat by samsho and it just released
I don't understand this statment. Mk11 released 2 months before Samurai Showdown. Both series are around the same age regarding first release dates back in the early 90's. Samurai Showdown has more players because the international scene for MK is a bit smaller compared to fighters made in Japan. This is due to censorship in some countries.

Samurai Showdown has been highly anticipated by folks who love fighting games with less emphasis on combos and more focus on mind games and other fundamentals.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
This game is boring for me because of the lack of interesting moves and therefore tech. This game is mostly about spacing and punishing. There's not much tech with that. It's just make your opponent do something unsafe and punish. There are very few interesting moves in the tournament variation of characters for tech to be found.

MKX had a lot of more interesting set up based moves for tech to be found. Sonya Special Forces and Demolition, Quan Chi Sorcerer and Summoner, Mileena Ethereal, Triborg Cyrax, Bo Rai Cho fart set ups, Konjurer alien, Hat trick King Lao and the list goes on. The only interesting moves like this I can think of is Dvorah bug set ups and maybe Geras rewind time move in his less popular variation. I feel like everything interesting was discovered was found in the first 2 weeks and that's why I got bored so quick.
Ever been on the receiving end of those setups you listed? Yeah, I didn't like 'em so much. There are setups which are great and there are just plain busted mechanics which are not.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Ever been on the receiving end of those setups you listed? Yeah, I didn't like 'em so much. There are setups which are great and there are just plain busted mechanics which are not.
Yeah of course I have . Some of them were too much But at least they were interesting. Gave stuff to be found and discovered. I could spend hours just in practice and have fun finding setups, finding ways to get out of setups etc. I don't have that with this game at all. I just think it's got dull gameplay.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Every series needs something unique that justifies its place in the FGC. NRS games have always had strings and a very unique and enjoyable juggle system that separated it from other games. These were also the places that had the most exploration available. They neutered these to create a more neutral based game. The problem is that the FGC already has games heavily based on neutral and those games do a much better job of it. NRS in a way has forgotten who they are. The neutral game doesn't have the depth required to keep the game fresh. The Mid+Throw meta used to be OK because there was always this avenue of game-changing damage and advantage from unsafe/high moves. With this signature mechanic removed, the meta is stunted and the game becomes a bad version of Tekken or SF.

Wigy

There it is...
Think this games design and mechanics limit tech a little.

A large proportion of tech was Oki based and that's very limited in this game.

D

Deleted member 35141

I don't understand this statment. Mk11 released 2 months before Samurai Showdown. Both series are around the same age regarding first release dates back in the early 90's. Samurai Showdown has more players because the international scene for MK is a bit smaller compared to fighters made in Japan. This is due to censorship in some countries.

Samurai Showdown has been highly anticipated by folks who love fighting games with less emphasis on combos and more focus on mind games and other fundamentals.
Your right MK is ashit series that hasnt been relevant ever WTF
Samsho last came out 11 damn years ago I just graduated highschool that year imagine how young some of the pros were back then.
Lets keep undermining the point of my fucking post relevent franchise lower evo numbers vs unrelevent in a decade franchise has more evo numbers.
But I forget what site im on where people have to feel smart

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Your right MK is ashit series that hasnt been relevant ever WTF
Samsho last came out 11 damn years ago I just graduated highschool that year imagine how young some of the pros were back then.
Lets keep undermining the point of my fucking post relevent franchise lower evo numbers vs unrelevent in a decade franchise has more evo numbers.
But I forget what site im on where people have to feel smart
I wasn't undermining your post. Also, I don't have to feel smart. An example I can give that somewhat matches a case like this is when Street Fighter 4 was released. Street Fighter had not be relevant for around 10 years yet SF4 drew numbers larger than the other relevant games in 2008.

I was only pointing out "why" Samurai Showdown has the numbers for EVO over MK11. What I have stated is true and was never meant to undermine anyone's posts.

They made this game so all characters have 1 set game plan or best poke into best mids(characters with highs fucked).
Mkx I played Like 8 characters( Johnny/kenshi main) and none of the characters played the same or like anyone else's.
Same things with injustice 2 my green arrow and red hood may have had some ideas from other players but I could put my own twist on the character.
I agree.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
it’s really not good that people are already calling this game stale when it hasn’t even been to EVO yet
everyone does this with every game

people are already saying this about samsho
people said it about sfv
people said it about sf4
etc etc

everyone just wants to bitch and complain

Already said it but if you think there's no tech, you obviously ain't looking cause tons of stuff is discovered daily. Just because it isn't hand fed to you here on TYM doesn't mean its not there.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
This game is indeed more simpler than mkx but there is a lot in this game that hasn't been fully explored yet.
The thing is no ones cares because they feel like they've found the best optimal tools to use already.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I'll repeat what I said.
A lot of the tech in this game shouldn't exist. It's the game not working properly. That isn't depth, it's a badly made game.
So.. ? Thats what tech is in a lot of games. If people cant exploit it to their advantage, thats a bad video game player.If you arent abusing the games strengths and weaknesses youre just creating imaginary rules on how it should be.

If you cant flawless block baited pokes into u2 combos, dont say theres no tech.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I'll repeat what I said.
A lot of the tech in this game shouldn't exist. It's the game not working properly. That isn't depth, it's a badly made game.
That statement can be said for every fighting game ever made. The ideal of it isn't discreet when its common for every game to have bugs/glitches and usually have unintentional situations that happen.

Wigy

There it is...
So.. ? Thats what tech is in a lot of games. If people cant exploit it to their advantage, thats a bad video game player.If you arent abusing the games strengths and weaknesses youre just creating imaginary rules on how it should be.

If you cant flawless block baited pokes into u2 combos, dont say theres no tech.
I don't know why people are humouring cherny.

He's lashing out with complete bullshit on TYM cause he can't reconcile the fact hes buns on this game.

smoke420

Noob
THIS GAME NEEDS :

please ed, allow custom variations.. PLUS.. NO CONFLICTS WHEN CHOOSING YOUR ABILITIES...!!!!

.. jesus.. just allow 3 slots, any combo of abilities without restrictions.. every abilty is 1 slot... some are 2 & its bullshit.

this would allow some new tech, new combos, new pllay styles...etc.

kitana has to use 2 slots for her mileena variation... total trash

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
This game lacks juggles and creative ways of play. They showcase kustom combat however you can't use it during tourneys. The tourney variant are barebones to cautious or the design they gave all the fighters(minus the S-tier). I would say the S tier play more like MKx and they do make the game fun. Everyone else is too Straight forward and you figured out the entire gameplan. Nothing new to learn or breakdown.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I honestly don't believe the game is stale yet but it will be if something isn't done to make characters less limited. Its only been 3 months and I'm still having a blast but after 6m to a year I'm not so sure.

Characters feel watered down in MK11. They feel like they are made for one playstyle only and I don't like only having 2 Variations to choose from. There abilities should allow custom In Ranked Modes or maybe even allow 5 slots later on.

Additional Combo Paths would be nice that are not tied to Variations so we can use any variation we like and still get decent damage.

Hitboxes and Krushing Blows Requirements need to be adjusted and fixed across the cast.

Tech:
We are still finding tech for certain characters and will until 2 years in like every NRS title but yes I do agree this game is far more limiting than MK9 & MKX. Creativity is limited.

I hope they balance soon, buff the bottoms and give all characters more base launchers and possibly cool tools to make this interesting. I can be Kotal but he is a mess with more hitbox issues than Johnny vs the entire cast not just females. But hitboxes need fixed no matter the character or what tier they are considered.

Ranked:
A way to filter WiFi players and option to decline anything above 100ms ping in all ranked modes.

FT3:
Hope we get more options on ranked. FT2/FT3/FT5

Lockin before matchmaking:
You should choose your character before matchmaking and be locked into that character in a type of Ranked mode.

New Ranked Mode:
Where you get rewards and achievements based on the character you use.

I'm still excited for the DLC but I hope some of the things I've requested get implemented soon or just after EVO.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This game lacks juggles and creative ways of play. They showcase kustom combat however you can't use it during tourneys. The tourney variant are barebones to cautious or the design they gave all the fighters(minus the S-tier). I would say the S tier play more like MKx and they do make the game fun. Everyone else is too Straight forward and you figured out the entire gameplan. Nothing new to learn or breakdown.
I feel like the top tiers are somewhat fun because they possess tools lower tiers don't have and possibilities are more accessible. The game does lack base move launchers and many variations suffer from it. A characters combo starters should not only be in slotted moves but in normals and base specials. Combo strings should not be slot moves only in one variation.

Lower tiers like Kano suffer from option select that destroys hisonly less risky mix if they made his CMD Grab a mid that OS would be no more and he needs the 241+3/221+3 combo strings as base moves across all variations. He also needs Snake bite in his other tourney.

Kitana is the same way she lacks combo ability in 2nd various and that's because that dumb AA removes her only combo extender.

Giving more tools to characters would only breath life into this game. I eagerly await patches for my poor Kotal and others.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Mortal Kombat is one of the biggest selling games of the year. Where it places at EVO means very little to anyone outside that bubble. I actually couldn't care less about EVO or competitive gamers in general. MK11 has a huge audience regardless.