What's new

The lack of new tech found and information about this game is killing me slowly.

Do we breakdown games too fast now? same happened to me with Dark souls 3,

Within a month or 2 the games we play become stale, and hardly no new stuff gets discovered,

Some hidden brutality here and there but that is pretty much it,

Information is recycled already, like the tier list getting updated by youtubers ect,

In the first month of the game the Meta of the game was already in place and have not moved since haha!

We need an update patch? or the problem is that we are so good at finding stuff, and to apply knowledge from other titles/mk9/mkx to new games that they get stripped down winthin a month or two .

I am not sure how to express that feeling...am I the only one that feels this way?

One sure thing that the game I am currently playing is lacking of is.. expression, I have to use a bottom tier,

like Kotal or next gen jacqui to express myself and find new tech because I feel those have not been explored enough,

all the other character have been played the same way and optimized within a week,

Anyway have a nice weekend!

Edit: Did this post and left for the weekend looks like it as sparked a big discussion!

After reading all the replies I came to the conclusion that.

1- Yes we are now lightning speed when it comes to breaking down a game/characters.
2- MK11 still as tons of unexplored path/tech but I should not rely on TYM only to find this information. (discord/twitter)
3- Seems like everyone wants to use variations in the kompetitive mode. and that characters are more tied to a playstyle than ever wich is kinda sad.
4- People love the game and would like the developers to be more vocals and deploy patch faster instead of waiting for evo to finish.
5- MK11 is a different beast than it used to be. We loved JANK as casual players. But want a solid fighter for competitive. and I think MK11 achieved that.

Did my first little tournament this weekend, I have lots of stuff to improve!
Noticed that this game is making me learn fighting games fundamentals in a different way. You need to know about the whole appendix/glossary of fighting games to play MK11 in a competitive environment.

Last edited:
I think there’s this expectation now for new things all the time; people are complaining about the game being stale after what, three months!? There’s no way everything’s been discovered: I think there was still more to mkx and injustice 2. But people want it all now. Just chill out and enjoy the game.

I think there’s this expectation now for new things all the time; people are complaining about the game being stale after what, three months!? There’s no way everything’s been discovered: I think there was still more to mkx and injustice 2. But people want it all now. Just chill out and enjoy the game.
You are correct I guess that the reason we have that many high expectation, is because we love the game in the first place :)!

D

Deleted member 35141

They made this game so all characters have 1 set game plan or best poke into best mids(characters with highs fucked).
Mkx I played Like 8 characters( Johnny/kenshi main) and none of the characters played the same or like anyone else's.
Same things with injustice 2 my green arrow and red hood may have had some ideas from other players but I could put my own twist on the character.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I don't think there's a whole lot to find to be honest. Each character seems kinda barebones really. Generally, after a couple hours in the lab, maybe a few YT vids, and you've pretty much found everything that character has to offer. The combo system is so straightforward and linear that there's not really much room for discovery/expression. On top of that, we only have two variations for each character, and in many cases one variation is utterly useless so it may as well not even be in the game.

We don't really have a whole lot to dig into in my opinion. Not at this time anyways.

D

Deleted member 35141

Is there really though, brutalities for example are stuck behind a unlockable instead of of shit my final hit was a force push and out came his skeleton.
This game on the other hand let me look at the list oh ok hold down on a forward throw or damn cant do that brutality till I grind

Without adding in customizable variations and tweaking some abilities around, I really don't know how much else could be found. If a character has one combo extender then that character has ... one combo extender. You do a starter move, cancel into that and then do a finisher. Staggers and pressure are done by looking at frame data - if you've looked at the frame data, there's nothing hidden.

There may be some things to find for optimizing a certain combo to do 34% damage from 32% or the like, but I really don't see where any unknowns which would give a different take on a character or something would even come from.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea, there isn't much to "find". The game is what it is right now. Samurai Shodown has 3 hit combos and the most neutral of all neutral play and is amazing. MK11 is still a good and fun game. I'll take less "exploring" and better gameplay over all the "tech" MKX had with abominable nightmare inducing gameplay any day.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
Oh, this game has it, it's called kustom variations and are they only thing that will keep it interesting. I've been researching a lot of Sub-Zero's kustom moves and having a blast... until I basically completed almost all the PVE content.
I completely agree. Playing custom variations gives the exact feeling of depth that I had been looking for.
I feel the exact same way about how the game plays right now, you can pretty much learn everything there is about most characters by watching a few youtube videos showing high level gameplay. Very few characters in the roster have tournament variations that show potential for depth. But, with customs, the depth of characters is opened up immensely and the game becomes so much more interesting.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Oh, this game has it, it's called kustom variations and are they only thing that will keep it interesting. I've been researching a lot of Sub-Zero's kustom moves and having a blast... until I basically completed almost all the PVE content.
I completely agree. Playing custom variations gives the exact feeling of depth that I had been looking for.
I feel the exact same way about how the game plays right now, you can pretty much learn everything there is about most characters by watching a few youtube videos showing high level gameplay. Very few characters in the roster have tournament variations that show potential for depth. But, with customs, the depth of characters is opened up immensely and the game becomes so much more interesting.
deep right .... good call, dudes ! :)

if in 2020 mid, NRS does not release kustom variations to competitive mode, MK11 has some risk to become stale boring and at that point, hehe ... kinda stagnant, no charming , hehe :p

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This game lacks any decent depth.
Not the actual game itself, but what NRS has set the current meta to be lacks depth. If Custom Variations rocked the way it should just like the beta, we'd all have fun finding tech, making combos routes, learning the game. But you can only do so much with 2 basic ass variations when most of em suck. I GUARANTEE YOU if customs were tournament ranked legal, characters like Kotal and D'vorah would not be in the bottom.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
  1. people find and disseminate tech faster than ever because we know what to look for in a lot of ways
  2. lol of course the game has tons of tech yet discovered. I find new shit every single week. Don't wait for people to deliver it to you on a plate, actually go out and do the work yourself.
Christ we really are getting into the stereotypical TYM complainer phase of the game already?

Not the actual game itself, but what NRS has set the current meta to be lacks depth. If Custom Variations rocked the way it should just like the beta, we'd all have fun finding tech, making combos routes, learning the game. But you can only do so much with 2 basic ass variations when most of em suck. I GUARANTEE YOU if customs were tournament ranked legal, characters like Kotal and D'vorah would not be in the bottom.
Dont know about Kotal, but I remember when I checked Dvorah custom moves I didn't see anything exceptional that pull her out of trash tier.