What's new

Match-up Discussion The Kommunity Baraka MU Chart

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
All MU charts are opinion based so it's w/e man. This is just how I feel personally and from my experiences as a player. And also I play against Kabal mains who play me a lot and our matches go back and forth, so it's not like I'm playing random Kabals who don't know the matchup. Same goes for the rest of the cast. Advantage is advantage regardless, and everyone knows this MU is in Kabal's favor so there's not much to argue really.
never called into question the quality of kabals your playing in anything i said.
yea with mus now i have 3 answers, disadv,even,adv but for the purpose of this thread numbers are the main thing sadly.
the next main things are different player opinions, i dont have to agree with anything you say or try dis-prove it and vice versa.
thats why a kommunity chart will ALWAYS be better than a single chart.

but on the flip side, statements like kabals zoning is just only a annoyance or 2~NDC isnt much of a problem prob isnt just going to go with a "K" from most people ya know :)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
**NEW MATCH-UP CHART MARCH 2013**

Cyber Sub Zero- 5-5
Cyrax - 4-6
Ermac - 6-4
Freddy - 4-6
Jade - 6-4
Jax - 4-6
Johnny Cage - 4-6
Kabal - 4-6
Kano - 6-4
Kenshi - 3-7
Kitana - 4-6
Kung Lao - 4-6
Liu Kang - 5-5
Mileena - 5-5
Nightwolf - 6-4
Noob - 5-5
Quan - 6-4
Raiden - 4-6
Rain - 4-6
Reptile - 4-6
Scorpion - 6-4
Sektor - 4-6
Shang - 5-5
Sheeva - 7-3
Sindel - 5-5
Skarlet - 4-6
Smoke - 4-6
Sonya - 4-6
Stryker - 5-5
Sub Zero - 4-6

If anyone has any questions to the changes let me know.
I just want to know why you changed

Cyrax
Freddy
LK
Sektor
Sindel
Sonya

I agree with all but Sektor, LK, and Kabal

i think radien is terrible vs baraka if your patient all you really have to do is blade spin and he cant get at you how ever if your hasty you will just get punished yourself

1man3letters

i think radien is terrible vs baraka if your patient all you really have to do is blade spin and he cant get at you how ever if your hasty you will just get punished yourself
im sorry but no,radien has a very clear adv in that mu.its one of his worst when the radien is clued in on the mu.
blade spin does little in the mu with high risk.
blade spin can punish tele if on point but few frames late and your losing 40%, he ex teles and you spin your losing 40%. whiff it losing 40%, all this for 9%?
baraka space control tools and frametrap/mixups are heavily limited in the mu

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
im sorry but no,radien has a very clear adv in that mu.its one of his worst when the radien is clued in on the mu.
blade spin does little in the mu with high risk.
blade spin can punish tele if on point but few frames late and your losing 40%, he ex teles and you spin your losing 40%. whiff it losing 40%, all this for 9%?
baraka space control tools and frametrap/mixups are heavily limited in the mu
This mu really is not THAT bad man. Teles are easily baitable if they're constantly doing it to get out of your pressure. 221+2 and if they try to Tele, you either throw, or you jump back punch. This will catch the tele in its recovery and you get a free combo. If they EX Tele, you recover in time and are able to block. Raiden is also pretty free to D+3 pressure since the most he can do is just poke back, and even then he can't get anything off of poke since they're only +1. I agree he's at advantage, but it's not as bad as you make it.

1man3letters

This mu really is not THAT bad man. Teles are easily baitable if they're constantly doing it to get out of your pressure. 221+2 and if they try to Tele, you either throw, or you jump back punch. This will catch the tele in its recovery and you get a free combo. If they EX Tele, you recover in time and are able to block. Raiden is also pretty free to D+3 pressure since the most he can do is just poke back, and even then he can't get anything off of poke since they're only +1. I agree he's at advantage, but it's not as bad as you make it.
just like kabal isnt that bad for baraka?

i didnt give a number on the radien mu, i said its clear adv, which it is.
you can punish tele it on reads, not 100% reaction, just like every other char in cast.this has been talked about to death.
2 is talked about to much in this mu aswell,2 the 23 frame starter against a 1 frame teleport, baraka cant even do it from a blocked jip.

d3 pressure? so when d3 hits +2, all you get is a bait chance to try get him tele.
d3 slices big risk cause if radien blocks the poke,tele full combo.
throw? 12% for possible full combo punish,
or one of the two chars gets a block string from the other respecting to much.
on the jump black on tele option(again read not reaction,not that u said reaction) if he doeesnt tele you getting a superman to the corner.
risk/reward in radiens favor on most of not all of the d3 metagames baraka can play against other chars

mu are about tools, radien limits more of barakas tools than the other way round so the baraka player has to make a higher numbers of reads with greater risks while using limited tools, clear adv radien

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
All I'm saying is he can't get tele happy. Yes Raiden CAN get out of Baraka's pressure with tele, just like he can get out of just about ANY pressure with tele, but he can't do it constantly or he'll get blown up. He can't tele if he blocks jip and you go for a B1F2~slices. D3 is your friend in this MU. Obviously you don't wanna be abusing d3/d1 slices, but you can use it due to Raiden's hitbox for pressure/chip. If you jump away punch, a Superman punish isn't guaranteed, a jump punch/kick can knock him out of it.

I agree with you Raiden's at advantage, but it's 6-4, not 7-3. I've played top level Raidens who know the matchup well and it's always close, so it's not like I don't know the matchup either. You think it's 7-3, I think it's 6-4, we'll agree to disagree on the numbers, and that's that.

1man3letters

All I'm saying is he can't get tele happy. Yes Raiden CAN get out of Baraka's pressure with tele, just like he can get out of just about ANY pressure with tele, but he can't do it constantly or he'll get blown up. He can't tele if he blocks jip and you go for a B1F2~slices. D3 is your friend in this MU. Obviously you don't wanna be abusing d3/d1 slices, but you can use it due to Raiden's hitbox for pressure/chip. If you jump away punch, a Superman punish isn't guaranteed, a jump punch/kick can knock him out of it.

I agree with you Raiden's at advantage, but it's 6-4, not 7-3. I've played top level Raidens who know the matchup well and it's always close, so it's not like I don't know the matchup either. You think it's 7-3, I think it's 6-4, we'll agree to disagree on the numbers, and that's that.
never said he can get tele happy but most of barakas shit is slow so can be teled on reaction,again less risk for radien.
yea and any time radien ex teles when ypu try blow up that tele you get blown up yourself,its all swings and roundabouts with the tele when talking about a counter.
of course you can use other normals from a jip that can jail otheer than 2,i was just responding to your bringing it up in the original post.
radiens hitbox matter little with slices,he can still tele the gaps and what he cant tele no one else can get out of so his hitbox not a issue imo.

i dont really mind what number you like to say, i just deal in dis adv-even-adv now. its adv radien so anything from 6-4 to 9-1 ill be ok with.
i dont mean that in an agressive way but as it says in the op mu are about tools, your using examples of who your playing and asssuring me they know the mu to the fullest, theres to many varriables in that, not straight facts.
i could easily say the stats of how many hours i play that mu every week,every casuals for the last two years but again that would serve the same purpose, your also talking alot of the baraka player making godlike reads, we also have to assume the radien player will be the same if going to have that mindset

LaR

Noob
Raiden just needs f24 and supeman to beat Baraka its a very hard match up for him it's probably his worst match up next to Kabal Kenshi and Freddy. His only saving grace is his corner game and his d4.

Goldi

Noob
I'm curious why you all have Baraka beating quan. I kinda figured it was more in quans favor or 5-5
Because Baraka can make pretty much anyone break - especially with threat of corner, and poor Quan without that meter isn't so dangerous. He has no armor and his only gtfo me move is uppercut, so he just gets like overwhelmed easily.

It's not that bad, but if he goes into the corner he isn't coming out ;_;