What's new

The Kano Guide by The Kano Community

Fangoria19

Groovy
I have a question, if I do a BnB corner combo and end it in choke, then proceed to mash X-ray, do they have time to jump out of it?
They have all the time in the world to jump out after choke, but if you end the corner combo with a knife, wait a sec, then xray, you can grab them before jump but the timing is rough and your opponent might just lay there or do a wakeup which messes up the timing, its not practical in my opinion but it can work.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They have all the time in the world to jump out after choke, but if you end the corner combo with a knife, wait a sec, then xray, you can grab them before jump but the timing is rough and your opponent might just lay there or do a wakeup which messes up the timing, its not practical in my opinion but it can work.
It always seems to work better if I just X-Ray randomly.

What if you do it after f11 stagger?

It always seems to work better if I just X-Ray randomly.

What if you do it after f11 stagger?
thats what i use since long time, it works but the xray scores less damage :(
its not guaranteed however
its strange because if its not guaranteed the xray should score full damage?
seems an random window for the opponent to escape, however

Flagg

Noob
Zoidberg747, your Baraka has gotten heaps better in the time since I last played you. I'd like to do some more Baraka vs Kano matches. Im comfortable that CSZ is one of the "kings" of the mid-low tiers, but I want to grind that Kano mu out. Im pretty sure blade charge can be punished on block with horizontal ball. Of course executing horizontal ball all the time is another matter.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Zoidberg747, your Baraka has gotten heaps better in the time since I last played you. I'd like to do some more Baraka vs Kano matches. Im comfortable that CSZ is one of the "kings" of the mid-low tiers, but I want to grind that Kano mu out. Im pretty sure blade charge can be punished on block with horizontal ball. Of course executing horizontal ball all the time is another matter.
Yeah I feel like all the offline exp. actually made me better online with him lol. Sure thing, I could probably find out if that would work by the frame data.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah I feel like all the offline exp. actually made me better online with him lol. Sure thing, I could probably find out if that would work by the frame data.
Horizontal ball is 7 frames I think....faster than up ball. It should in theory work.

kano xray scores 41%
if u connect xray after f1f2 stagger it scores 40%
but why?
its NOT guaranteed opponent can jump away AFAIK
another KANO bug?

Fangoria19

Groovy
kano xray scores 41%
if u connect xray after f1f2 stagger it scores 40%
but why?
its NOT guaranteed opponent can jump away AFAIK
another KANO bug?
Most of the time, that 40% doesnt register, all the opponent has to do is move, block, twitch, anything and you get 41%. If they just stand there after f11 then it gives you 40.