What's new

Combo List - Jason Voorhees The Jason Voorhees Combo Thread

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Random new Relentless combos using his new 2 hit string:

B+3,U+1, B+1,2,2, NJP, run cancel, B+1,2~Command Grab - 26% no meter

B+3,U+1, B+3,U+1, NJP, F+4,4~Choke - 29% (corner) no meter

B+3,U+1, NJP, jump in 1, F+4,4~Choke - 28% (corner) no meter and more consistent than the above

B+3,U+1, NJP, D+2, B+3, Anti-air throw - 28% (corner) no meter and keeps them in the corner

I'm sure there's way better shit to find now that Jason has become so combo friendly.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'm murdering everyone with the new Jason. With the B3,1+2 combo throwing nearly full screen and the head games you can play with Pursuit and Lake Mist afterwards, I'm never playing another character.
What's so good about his b3 strings is the fact that the OH one is only -2 on block. Jason got some major love in this patch. I really need to start using him more. All three variations look fun to play now, even Unstoppable.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
What's so good about his b3 strings is the fact that the OH one is only -2 on block. Jason got some major love in this patch. I really need to start using him more. All three variations look fun to play now, even Unstoppable.
They are all viable! Slashers B122 is so fast and actually reaches for a MASSIVE full combo punish on a lot of things. I just can't stop playing Relentless at the moment.

Imagine if Slasher had B3,1+2 :joker:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I don't know about slasher in terms of competitive viability. The other 2 though...

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Slasher is still bad, like the other 2 though.
I'm not sure how anyone could say that Slasher is "bad" given the current state of b122. You could make an argument that in terms of reach, speed on startup, and resulting meterless damage, it's the best punishment starter in the game.

Also, he is very solid up close now because d1, d4, and d2 are all dope now

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
MY DIIIIICK! YES

I'm not sure how anyone could say that Slasher is "bad" given the current state of b122. You could make an argument that in terms of reach, speed on startup, and resulting meterless damage, it's the best punishment starter in the game.

Coming from me, who was hella skeptical at first glance of the Slasher changes, you are right on the money here. B122 is absolutely balls out great now, it actually feels like I can do shit instead of getting stuffed 99.9% of the time. It's like Jason can completely just bully you for even trying to attempt shit.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
28% no meter corner combo: B3U1, NJP, D2, B3xxDB1. If anything, use it for the swag points.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Im happy with the buffs as well. Haven´t been able to use d4 that much, how do you use it?

Hmm, I'm not sure I have particular strategy for it. I just throw it out there as a nice, rangy poke every now and then. I mostly use it because I think it looks funny. lol

Both combos are in corner only

after launcher and njp, hit them with a f2, seems to do most damage. b3u1 njp f2 d1 (d1) 111 df1 = 30% meterless, adding an extra d1 doesnt add more damage, just use it if you need the enemy to be higher for the full 111 to hit. A lot of the scaling comes from the last hit of 111 it seems

you can do it with his other starter b122 njp f2 d1 (d1) 111 df1 = 29% meterless with 2 d1's, 28% with 1 d1

E

Eldriken

What is considered the best ender for Relentless/Unstoppable? I always use df1.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
What is considered the best ender for Relentless/Unstoppable? I always use df1.
In unstoppable, I always end with bf3, b2, or 111. (Almost always bf3) Getting buffs on the screen safely is the priority for unstoppable, so hit advantage/cancel advantage rules the day. Ending with bf3 is the best way to set up your buffs safely against most of the cast, while still getting the most damage possible.

His pokes are average, not dope and B122 is punishable

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
His pokes are average, not dope and B122 is punishable
1) His pokes are right in line with the vast majority of the cast. His d2 is probably above average.

2) Yes, b122 is punishable, so what? The idea is to use it as a PUNISH. So, if you find yourself getting punished a lot, you are using it wrong.

1) His pokes are right in line with the vast majority of the cast. His d2 is probably above average.

2) Yes, b122 is punishable, so what? The idea is to use it as a PUNISH. So, if you find yourself getting punished a lot, you are using it wrong.
Look man, if you think slasher Jason isn't terrible then go ahead and use him. I've written so many forums on this that I can't be fucked to break down why he's terrible yet again. I'm sure I'll be seeing many wins from this character going forward in tournament... Or not.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
In unstoppable, I always end with bf3, b2, or 111. (Almost always bf3) Getting buffs on the screen safely is the priority for unstoppable, so hit advantage/cancel advantage rules the day. Ending with bf3 is the best way to set up your buffs safely against most of the cast, while still getting the most damage possible.
Little skeptical on ending in bf3. Doing it midscreen leaves your opponent fullscreen, which is a problem for Unstoppable because of his lack of projectiles. I suppose the healing buff kinda helps with that, but I honestly prefer ending in B2xxBuff to stay close. Don't know how much damage you lose with B2 though.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Look man, if you think slasher Jason isn't terrible then go ahead and use him. I've written so many forums on this that I can't be fucked to break down why he's terrible yet again. I'm sure I'll be seeing many wins from this character going forward in tournament... Or not.
Slasher's fine

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Little skeptical on ending in bf3. Doing it midscreen leaves your opponent fullscreen, which is a problem for Unstoppable because of his lack of projectiles. I suppose the healing buff kinda helps with that, but I honestly prefer ending in B2xxBuff to stay close. Don't know how much damage you lose with B2 though.
It's debatable. I usually do pretty well with bf3. But, B2 and 111 are also very good options. Also, dbf2 has solid hit advantage as well.