What's new

General/Other The hope for Bane // Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TectonicSuperPlates

Learn to draw the Rob Liefeld way
I know Reo lists Bane on TYM as one of the low tier characters, but is he really that bad?

I don't know how many solid Bane players there are out there, but I have seen some incredible Bane players who really know what they are doing and have dominated practically all of the competition online.

I watch PJS Winning's stream on Twitch, and there's this player named Nightmare SF(dunno if anyone has heard of him before. Dude is like level 80 or something.), but he dominates the stream. Beating a Doomsday, a Catwoman, and a Grundy from when I saw him play. Whether or not they were good players, I'm not sure how to calculate exactly what means "good", but they definitely got his Bane in the red on life, and he was able to pull out incredible wins. The dude really knows how to play Bane at an excellent level.

Are there other great Bane players out there? I mean, Nightmare SF makes me think like "damn, maybe Reo and TYM are just downplaying the character."

It's like when I see Aris win WNF with Deathstroke, and then I come to TYM and I see all of the "his nerf destroyed the character" threads.

To me, it's just people who don't know how to play the characters they are complaining about.

If Aris can win with Deathstroke, and Nightmare can win with Bane(whether or not it was online or in a tournament is irrelevant, because the simple fact is he won with the character), then I'm pretty sure other people can as well.

-----

The problem I am addressing in the topic is his life bar animation and his venom.

When you remove your opponents first life bar and Bane does his little winning animation, I find it ridiculous that your venom continues and then when the fight begins again you have to start out with your venom on cooldown. I think that's silly.

I think this should be fixed where your venom is frozen during the animation, and then continues going when the fight starts again.

If your opponent beats you, then that is different. Your venom should continue and enter cooldown as penalty for your loss.

What do people think?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The debuff runs down in the win pose too. So it's entirely fair.

Whether or not someone wins with a character doesn't mean that they're fine or that patches didn't fuck with them in unnecessary ways. Bane is mid tier not low tier like people will say but he's not moving past that without help.

When was WNF?

The people playing on PJS Winning aren't exactly top tier players, most of them at least. Nightmare bodies everyone regardless of who he is using.

I play there sometimes and I'm horrible, so yea.

Not saying Bane is bad or good. Just take what you're watching with a grain of salt.

Oogalord

Noob
Reo's list came out, what, no more than two days after the patch? if not the next day? no disrespect to Reo but that's a tier list i take with a grain of salt. everybody's hyped about the patch and everyone wants to discuss it and that's totally cool, but you always gotta keep it in perspective.

i still think Bane needs an MB Double-Punch groundbounce to open up his damage potential, but we'll see. the faster dash and the Venom debuff reductions make an even bigger difference than i would have guessed when i first read about them. Zoners still suck but the dash really helps, and Venom 3 is still risky but it's definitely a viable part of Bane's game and has opened up 6 more seconds of juiced-up potential. i used to think Bane needed projectile invincibility for his charge at level 2, but now, maybe not.

unless Bane gets buffed even further, i don't forsee him ever becoming a popular character in terms of tier-strength. you can't just pick him up, hit Venom 3 and poop on everyone's chest all day. he takes practice and experience and losing to learn, and alot of people don't like that.

fuck em though, more glory for us. let the tier-whores cry because they can't abuse Low Shots all day. playable Bane in a fighting game? shit son, i've never mained a Big Guy before, but how could i pass that up?

Bane players are free because they like Dark Knight Rises and God is punishing them
traits continue between matches, thats the way it is for everybody and is a detriment to most. pro tip: deal with it

Only trait on cooldown that makes the character take increased damage and dish out less...so...
Then thats the issue you hate, not continuation between matches. luckly you can always not use trait close to a round finish or use a lower level venom. compensate for it like everyone one else does. Iv never seen a single DeathStroke complain about his trait making duds at the start of rounds once. given it isnt half as severe as banes shitty trait, but thats his character. It has already been significantly buffed so What else can anyone tell you?

Oogalord

Noob
the disagreement here seems to stem from whether or not one command grab and an AA grab makes Bane a grappler.

i don't think you are required to use Body Press as a fundamental part of your gameplan to win with Bane, but it's certainly one of his most useful tools, in combos or naked. he doesn't have a projectile, his gameplan is all about getting in and knocking down, and he has an armored command grab that is one of his best moves. i'd say that fits the grappler description

Status
Not open for further replies.