What's new

The Hitbox/Hurtbox Exposition thread post them all hitbox video evidence here

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here is some more

A 360 Radius offense

Note worthy: i'm not sure if the ones below have been fixed yet since they have an older date, but since this was an known issue, i just want to make sure we've past these issues for good. Enjoy

I get it Chris G tested the game and he didn't like D1 and s1 aas? but this is how we've been playing mortal kombat forever, others games have shoryuken, MK has AA jabs that leads to full combo, no one asked to break tradition so i don't think anyone should, not the mention the hitbox test disaster this game is its just hilarious at this point.

Anyway, hopefully NRS lurks around and find this thread useful to find the common hitboxes issues and at least fix them.

That's enough for a day, i'm out, peace everyone.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Still riding on this one issue's cock so hard despite basically every pro saying Johnny is top 3 if not top 1?
Nice try.
not only that this video has almost a year now, and we know for sure a lot of his hitbox issues has been fixed by now, this video is outdated

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
short hop isnt made to jump. his hoping over incoming dash punch which is a mid. thats fucked up.
It does jump a number of things in this game, though. Judging by the video, he basically hops Jax completely when his animation is still starting up (Jax is moving forward but hasn’t punched yet).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm just curious about why you think this should hit even though Jax's lead fist never makes contact with sub's character model.

This is after the first hit, and during the startup of the second hit.

Been messing with this in practice mode, and if you jump even slightly later, so that the first first makes contact, it hits him out of the short hop/out of the air.

Last edited:

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I really don't get those AA complaints, everyone have always complained about jump attacks being too oppressive and stupid. So NRS increase hurtbox on jump attacks, Now ppl cry that it doesn't look right, like wtf? jump ins and crossups have always been punished consistently with jabs and pokes in mk9 and not a single person said it's not fair.

Stop whinging about it, you're not supposed to be jumping around all match like a headless chicken and get away with it. It's bad fundamentals.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
NOTHING has been fixed.

Booted up the game recently?
yes, and i'm pretty tired of facing outtake johnny's pressure in KL, that d4 drives anyone insane.

Pretty sure i've seen in one of the patch notes that his hitboxes have been adjusted, someone even posted video evidence of things that whiffed before but not since that patch.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Braindead

I really don't get those AA complaints, everyone have always complained about jump attacks being too oppressive and stupid. So NRS increase hurtbox on jump attacks, Now ppl cry that it doesn't look right, like wtf? jump ins and crossups have always been punished consistently with jabs and pokes in mk9 and not a single person said it's not fair.

Stop whinging about it, you're not supposed to be jumping around all match like a headless chicken and get away with it. It's bad fundamentals.
A lot of the complaints in this game are about things that have been there since 2011, but now that most of the other dumber BS is removed since then, people are finding out these smaller issues.

But suddenly it's too bad and just makes the game bad or unplayable lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

The hurtbox shouldn't expand while you jump, the hurtbox should expand only when the attack comes out specifically 1 inch away from the active frame hitbox while you are in the air, most of these aas including the one you've posted have janked hitboxes, which can be twitched up a little on both ends bit so it doesn't look weird at all. No wonder you have attacks that hit in the ground and air at the same time, and 360 radius attacks while covering half-screen, that's not normal.
Not to mention ppl getting hit in the opposite direction of where some of these attacks are travelling.

This is old news. Very old.

That old and as for the looks of it, still in the game and not fixed, one more reason to them to fix this, i know there is a lot of these around, uncluding U3s getting d3 whiffed

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
yes, and i'm pretty tired of facing outtake johnny's pressure in KL, that d4 drives anyone insane.

Pretty sure i've seen in one of the patch notes that his hitboxes have been adjusted, someone even posted video evidence of things that whiffed before but not since that patch.
Man, I'm writing this while on the TV I have the game booted up, and standing 1, standing 2, and straight fireballs still WHIFF ON 12 characters.
Not 1 or 2, but 12.

It's not fantasy. I literally have the game in my face right now. It's EXACTLY like in the video from an year ago, NOBODY gave a shit, they didn't fix crap.

Last edited:

Braindead