What's new

The history of the Modern MK Community : Part I

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
From REO:

"Ah. The 3D MK community. Home of some of the biggest crybabies and idiots known to man. Players who looked down at you for playing only one character. Players who will label you as a "scrub" or a "bad player" for using infinites or glitches. Players that were so terrible at a relatively easy game, they had to try their best to enforce a sacred set of rules to aid their incompetence nature, and shun all others who did not follow suit.

If it wasn't for the amount of salt and rage my Sareena distributed, I wouldn't have bothered to stick around. I thoroughly enjoyed all the flaming and insults my play and mentality generated towards me. It is a shame none of you were right about me, though. To see this "garbage" player who was nothing without abusing one character and a multitude of glitches to my advantage go on to dominate MKvsDCU and MK9 must have been polarizing. I am glad the 3DMK community life style died with their ridiculous rules, honor, etiquette, and all else cancerous. It was like a religion cult but more pathetic."

AK Pig Of The Hut
General M2Dave
@shujinkydink
idk 3d mk people.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Yup... Back then, it's all we had!

Here's some interesting info:

Archive stuff about MKD for EVO2005:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050624235909/http://www.evo2k.com/tournament.php (see the bottom)

I remember there being a front page article about the games that were to be voted on which had MKD, but I can't find it. I'm not sure if it was shoryuken.com or evo2k.com.

Anyways, the MK community back then was completely unwilling to leave their fucking houses and get exposed offline. All we needed for the game to be at EVO was to have 100 people pre-register and show up. I was willing, but there was literally no interest.
Konqrr, I remember that. There were a total of 16 people that signed-up to compete in MKD during EVO 2005. Sad indeed. Makes me wonder how the world of Mortal Kombat would have changed if we only had gotten 84 more.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I didnt read that but i imagine its more mk3 based which isn't what this is about
Uh, then how can you make a thread about the history of the modern MK community if you don't know the history of the MK community? Maybe you should read it before you assume anything. Its not UMK3 based, but you'd know that if you read it. lol If you don't want this thread to called "The history of the online 3D MK Community" like it should be, then please give a really good reason!! This thread title is highly misleading, which is why it was changed in the first place. Its not confusing readers, its misinforming them.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Uh, then how can you make a thread about the history of the modern MK community if you don't know the history of the MK community? Maybe you should read it before you assume anything. Its not UMK3 based, but you'd know that if you read it. lol If you don't want this thread to called "The history of the online 3D MK Community" like it should be, then please give a really good reason!! This thread title is highly misleading, which is why it was changed in the first place. Its not confusing readers, its misinforming them.

I'll definitely give you a good reason! The next few instalments of my story will definitely explain it. You should know though...you were there

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
The title is confusing because if I wanted the history of mk I'd go to mk secrets. This thread should be called something like the history of playing mk competitively because not everyone plays mk for competition. There's a whole scene out there for mk story. I'm not even American.