What's new

The History of Mortal Kombat: the Realms

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Damn man isn't this like your 5th post of this sort? You sure do love writing.

Don't get me wrong though, you are good at it, at least for my standards.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Thanks guys! Ah boredom is a terrible thing.

Plenty more where it came from though, choice is between that and this article on Canadian statues of limitations I'm working on so....

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Thanks guys! Ah boredom is a terrible thing.

Plenty more where it came from though, choice is between that and this article on Canadian statues of limitations I'm working on so....
I've heard the carving of those statues is exquisite, but you'd better try and see them within the first 6 months.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Very nice write-up!

One of my favourite storylines in the original timeline was Kitana freeing Edenia and the struggle to keep it free. Edenia is probably my favourite of the realms and I like (almost) all of the Edenian characters in the games.

With Kitana a Revenant queen, Sindel at her side, Jade nowhere to be seen, Mileena dead and now having Rain and Tanya on the run, the thought of Edenia ever being free in the new timeline seems nigh unreachable.

There won't be an MK11 comic, but I had hoped that we'd see Kenshi and Takeda's ladder endings turn out to be true, joining up with Taven, defeat Daegon and the Red Dragon, and then Taven returning to Outworld and join the Edenian Resistance against Kotal Kahn. And then in MK11, to follow up on that story, have Jade return and somehow aid in Kitana (and maybe Sindel as well) breaking out of the Revenant state, bring her back to Outworld as well and alongside Taven be the final push to free Edenia. And with Dark Raiden also being a threat to Kotal Kahn, he might be forced to give the Edenians their freedom in exchange for an alliance against Dark Raiden.

The probability for anything even close of this happening seems close to none though, but it was a nice thought either way. ^^

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I had a great time reading this.
So much of this lore is just ignored in the recent games, which is a shame. I hope that MK11 can somewhat rectify that, getting away from the banal “war” between Earthrealm and Outworld. That storyline has run its course.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not really sure about the Elder Gods originating in the Void, this wasn't really confirmed and when I asked John Vogel way back about their power, existence etc he told me that they hadn't truly and really explained their origins, backstory etc. I just feel since they're the EG they've existed before time itself and pretty much originated everywhere and anywhere.