What's new

The History of Cassie Cage (MKX Comics Spoilers)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

This is spoiler territory if you haven't read the comics!

He really explains a lot that was also shown in the comics, and is canon but was never explored in the game itself. He goes in depth about her confidence, the constant need for other's approval and how that gets her in a lot of trouble. Really interesting stuff!

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Points from the comics were not touched in the game cause comics suck. I know they are canon but they’ve got so many plot holes. My favorite is that in the game Cassie acts as if she’s never seen Erron before. Or that Scorpion’s son is named Jubei in the comics and Satoshi in the game.
HOWEVER, Cassie beating full powered Shinnok NO MATTER WHAT HER FUCKING POWER IS triggered me so much I wanted to kill myself

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Points from the comics were not touched in the game cause comics suck. I know they are canon but they’ve got so many plot holes. My favorite is that in the game Cassie acts as if she’s never seen Erron before. Or that Scorpion’s son is named Jubei in the comics and Satoshi in the game.
HOWEVER, Cassie beating full powered Shinnok NO MATTER WHAT HER FUCKING POWER IS triggered me so much I wanted to kill myself
Really? Because it made me laugh hysterically. And I kind of feel like that was the point? Johnny beating him is just as hilariously laughable.

Humans got dat plot armor. (Except Sonya in 11. RIP.)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Damn, boi, perhaps you should have gone for a run?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I remember reading some of the comics but they got boring too quickly to me. Fortunately Cassie's story in the game was good enough and I'm looking forward to see what goes on with her in MK11.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I have my own head canon for that non-sense:

Johnny Cages ancestors were bred to fight and kill gods. You know, as the last line of defense against rogue gods. That ancient, mystical power materializes itself in the form of the green energy Johnny was able to access, when he had to protect Sonya. And Cassie had also gained access to the energy, when she had to protect her father.

I view that green energy as a direct reference to Kryptonite. Johnny Cage and Cassie Cage are direct counters to gods, just like Kryptonite is a direct counter to Kryptonians like Superman. But at the same time Batman carrying Kryptonite wouldn't make him much more of a threat to Wonder Woman for example. Wonder Woman isn't affected by Kryptonite. And in Mortal Kombat the green energy wouldn't help Johnny Cage or Cassie Cage in a fight against a Scorpion, Sub-Zero or Liu Kang.

Last edited:

MalevolentFix

Johnny Cages ancestors were bred to fight and kill gods. You know, as the last line of defense against rogue gods. That ancient, mystical power materializes itself in the form of the green energy Johnny was able to access, when he had to protect Sonya. And Cassie had also gained access to the energy, when she had to protect her father.

I view that green energy as a direct reference to kryptonite. Johnny Cage and Cassie Cage are direct counters to gods, just like Kryptonite is a direct counter to Kryptonians like Superman. But at the same time Batman carrying Kryptonite wouldn't make him much more of a threat to Wonder Woman for example. Wonder Woman isn't affected by Kryptonite. And in Mortal Kombat the green energy wouldn't help Johnny Cage or Cassie Cage in a fight against a Scorpion, Sub-Zero or Liu Kang.
This actually makes a ton of sense real talk. Lmao

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

I view that green energy as a direct reference to Kryptonite. Johnny Cage and Cassie Cage are direct counters to gods, just like Kryptonite is a direct counter to Kryptonians like Superman. But at the same time Batman carrying Kryptonite wouldn't make him much more of a threat to Wonder Woman for example. Wonder Woman isn't affected by Kryptonite. And in Mortal Kombat the green energy wouldn't help Johnny Cage or Cassie Cage in a fight against a Scorpion, Sub-Zero or Liu Kang.
I deem this canon, as of right now.

I do find it fitting that it would be extremely powerful against the gods, and against the rest of the cast it would just be like a way to rival magic users and people who have other supernatural abilities.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
@Krankk Blows my mind more people don't see it that way. I thought the implications of Johnny's green energy was obvious. I'm still mad that as far as canon is concerned, that was the only time when Johnny's green energy manifested when he uses it all the time in game though.

Oh and Johnny also beat the sh*t outta Shinnok in the original timeline, guess that goes to show that some things are just set in stone.

"When he dismissed the sorcerer, I approached Shinnok. He was startled and immediately conjured up a skeleton hand to trap me. I jumped out of the way and followed with a Green Shadow Kick to the chest. I pummeled him, and he never regained his composure. The coward escaped in a cloud of smoke... a teleport of some kind, I suppose."

Taken from Johnny's MK Armaggedon bio.

DragonofDadashov24

I believe you’re overthinking that, that’s just stupid plot armor. To top it off Cage could use it only ONCE, he said that himself. How stupid is that
Also nobody should be able to beat Liu Kang one on one, even Raiden, who got easily buttfucked by Shao Kahnand Shinnok

DragonofDadashov24

@Krankk Blows my mind more people don't see it that way. I thought the implications of Johnny's green energy was obvious. I'm still mad that as far as canon is concerned, that was the only time when Johnny's green energy manifested when he uses it all the time in game though.

Oh and Johnny also beat the sh*t outta Shinnok in the original timeline, guess that goes to show that some things are just set in stone.

"When he dismissed the sorcerer, I approached Shinnok. He was startled and immediately conjured up a skeleton hand to trap me. I jumped out of the way and followed with a Green Shadow Kick to the chest. I pummeled him, and he never regained his composure. The coward escaped in a cloud of smoke... a teleport of some kind, I suppose."

Taken from Johnny's MK Armaggedon bio.
ARMAGEDDON Shinnok was’t real. Real one was trapped in the Netherrealm.

MalevolentFix

I believe you’re overthinking that, that’s just stupid plot armor. To top it off Cage could use it only ONCE, he said that himself. How stupid is that
Also nobody should be able to beat Liu Kang one on one, even Raiden, who got easily buttfucked by Shao Kahnand Shinnok
No one is saying Cassie would beat Liu Kang lol I think we're all adult enough to admit Liu Kang would toy with Cassie like he did Kitana and not take the fight seriously because he is without question the biggest badass in Mortal Kombat. At the end he is saying that the green energy their genetics get them do nothing to help them against Liu Kang and the other non gods.

DragonofDadashov24

No one is saying Cassie would beat Liu Kang lol I think we're all adult enough to admit Liu Kang would toy with Cassie like he did Kitana and not take the fight seriously because he is without question the biggest badass in Mortal Kombat. At the end he is saying that the green energy their genetics get them do nothing to help them against Liu Kang and the other non gods.
My point was about plot armors as a whole. Actually, I’ve heard that Cassie’s chapter final fight is against Liu Kang. Revenant one

DragonofDadashov24

The only time they nailed the plot was in the first Injustice. Everyone knew they couldn’t beat Superman so their last resort was to bring other world’s Superman and that was awesome as fuck. They fucked it up in Injustice 2 though.