What's new

The Heroes and Villains of the MKX Tournament Scene

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Who is what? Are we far along enough now in the game to have established these roles?
Perhaps I can give an example, and some reasoning:

Hero: Hayatei, comes out of nowhere and wins with a relatively unknown charcter and is a crowd pleaser. Or... Nivek, loved by all, swaggy as fuck Raiden, international bromance with many players.

Villain: PND Ketchup, immense salt, always lingering near the top when he enters a tournament, has a top 8 evo medal that all other competitors have to hold, knowing that he isnt even really a tournament player anymore. He stole that medal from the competitors.

Then there's the grey area, or something along the lines of anti hero: Pig of the Hut, low tier hero, hard headed competitor, seasoned veteran, lone wolf.

Who would you guys say is what role in this community (as it stands)? Has anybody lived long enough as a hero to become the villain, or do we have any villains that have changed their ways to become heroes? Opinions?

Attachments

Saltface is my hero

Wound cowboy for some reason I don't like him and I dunno why... Which is good enough reason to be a villain

Villain: Any Quan Chi downplayers.

Tom Brady ranges from hero to villain, but right now he is a complete hero.

Paulo ranges from hero (Kung Lao, Quan mains etc.) to villain (Jason mains.)

M2dave is a hero for outlandish claims and entertaining threads.

Anyone who beats Sonicfox or Yomi that isn't Sonicfox or Yomi is a hero.

People who have 100% win rate against DJT in NRS games in tournament = hero as well.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
That pig of the hut combined with the low tier hero,shows me that behind that killer face you have(you know, the one you had against burgerking,after kicking out all the yomi team),you can be funny too.

Hero: DJT.. dude is always on twitter serving people that fresh cup of MKX knowledge, he's down to play anyone, he can take a loss, he's hilarious, HIS TREMOR IS A MONSTER. Easily my favorite MKX player, and lastly, BRUH!

Villain: Perfect Legend.. I mean, where do I start? this dude is the Pillar of Salt. He was talking shit, challenging Fox to a FT10, got us hyped and lied to us about how he was ready for Fox's arsenal of characters, how he couldn't wait to body arguably Fox's best character EB. Then not only did he lose the FT10 set 10-0, but instead of acknowledging he got outplayed, he talked hella shit and went on to lose 13-0 for the day. In this dude's mind, he's the best even though he hasn't won anything worth mentioning so far in MKX, well aside for that placing he got in the ESL season 1 finals. I don't like dude's attitude. always calling people names like "scrubs" and shit, I mean? He should retire.

Anti Hero: CD Mani.. being bad at game doesn't make the game bad. Yes, MKX has its faults. Its not perfect. But which fighting game is? He was a beast at Killer Instinct, he even won Evo. But when people started leveling up and he started losing to up and comers, he started calling the game bad, how Season 2 was a disappointment and all that shit. The same with MK, he was a beast at MK9, but he criticized MKX earlier in the game's life because he was just very bad. But unlike the Pillar of Salt PL, Mani acknowledges that he hasn't been himself in MKX, he has identified his development areas and he knows he needs to just shut up and level up. So he's alright in my books.

My bad for the long comment. But I love MKX. I don't judge it. I don't compare it. I just play it and I enjoy it.

Last edited:

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Heroes:

Salt face(low tier hero)
Hayatei( Ronin = Star Wars)
Reo(low tier hero and homeless)
DJT(Beats SonicFox and very helpful.Also a part time pastor)

Villains:

Zyphox( Complainer and Hitbox Destroyer)
Perfect Legend(Forever linked with Jason 13-0)
Tom Brady(Everyone's favorite love/hate relationship and Sub Zero downplayer)
M2Dave(Bad Evalutaor of Talent. I see you Tremor)

Last edited:

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Character loyalists are wicked cool, but any player that consistently destroys the competition becomes a villain in my book, as there isn't much fun in watching a tournament with a predictable outcome.

My "heroes" are those that provide to the community (tech, commentating, tournaments etc.) or get great results with slept-on variations, and keep the nerf this/buff that crying to a minimum.
There's nothing wrong with wanting buffs/nerfs, but there's a point where it just becomes obnoxious and all the player cares about.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
DJT is the one and only hero for me. Always so close to defeating Sonic Fox and freeing us from his reign of terror. Also, putting Tremor on the map and finally ending my character crisis.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
When 5 YOMI guys occupy a top 8 - villains (j/k love u Slayer and MIT)

When non-YOMI/cR players make top 8 - heroes

When lesser known YOMI/cR players make top 8 - anti-heroes

Last edited: