What's new

The Game Awards 2019 discussion thread

Gamer68

Fujin!
The Game Awards will be coming up in less than a week and I figured I would open a discussion thread about.

Last year's event was huge. With over a dozen game reveals including a new Dragon Age, The Outer Worlds, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and of course, Mortal Kombat 11. It also had updates on already revealed and/or release games, such as Dead by Daylight, Devil May Cry V, Fortnite, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and nearly a dozen other titles.

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will all most likely have something to talk about there, and of course there will be plenty of third parties and/or indies with stuff to show. While I doubt there will be anything MK (or NRS) related announced at the show this year, it's still a huge event in gaming and there could be a lot of good stuff there. Plus, MK11 is nominated for Best Fighting Game! What are your predictions? What are you hoping to see?

What we know:
  • Around 15 new game reveals
  • Updates on already announced games
  • Live performances from multiple bands
  • Promises "surprises"
  • 29 Awards being handed out:
    • Game Of The Year nominees: Control, Death Stranding, Resident Evil 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and The Outer Worlds.
    • Best Fighting Game: Dead or Alive 6, Jump Force, Mortal Kombat 11, Samurai Shodown, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
    • Details about other nominee categories here: https://thegameawards.com/nominees
    • (Fan voting is currently open, must sign-in on the site using Twitter or Facebook)
When and where to watch:
  • Streams LIVE on December 12th at 5:30pm PST / 8:30pm EST
  • Can be seen at Twitch (will embed stream below), YouTube, various gaming sites like IGN and GameSpot, and even in certain theaters.
  • More details about when and where to watch here: https://thegameawards.com/watch

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm hoping for:
  • Next Batman game announcement
  • More details for Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Elden Ring gameplay reveal
  • Final Smash Ultimate Fighter Pass character announcement
  • A new fighting game announced, bonus points if it's a new DarkStalkers (this last one is pretty unlikely, though)

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
MK11 Joker/Spawn Trailer
League of Legends Fighting Game Trailer
SomethingSomething GuiltyGear Strive

New Batman game Trailer would be nice too...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A new Splinter Cell game would be nice, other than that don't really care, especially the biased awards every year

Gamer68

Fujin!
Bumping thread because this will be happening tonight!

Here's an official tweet from The Game Awards with more links to streams (just in case something goes wrong with the embedded one in the OP):

Also, apparently there's some sales happening on PSN, Steam, MS Store, and Nintendo Store.

EDIT: some MK11 sales are available for the next day or two:
  • Standard Edition = $30
  • Premium Edition = $45
  • Kombat Pack = $20
  • Premium Edition bundled w/ Injustice 2: Legendary Edition = $60

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
wait, its today? i thought tomorrow. im how many hours does it start...
edit - ah, tomorrow for my timezone. got it...thx for the startpost!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's really cool to see what Geoff has built this into. I remember when it was just a small internet thing, and now it's a major major deal and the entire industry is taking it super seriously. Awesome.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
It's really cool to see what Geoff has built this into. I remember when it was just a small internet thing, and now it's a major major deal and the entire industry is taking it super seriously. Awesome.
well, at the end no one takes the winners/votes serious and only the reveals matter. might want to pimp that up to be taken serious by the gamers.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mk is too hardcore that and smash is literally the only fighter that can beat mk in this category. It probably sold more than mk 11 as well.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Anyone know who the voice actor for Harley's voice was? It sounded super familar ;)

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Joker was kind of revealed. Hope he has more skins that look creepier than that. Harley called him creepy af haha