What's new

The Future of Noob Saibot.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The first thing I learned when I took fighting games seriously is that if you can't make it work, don't assume that no one can. I'm a strong believer that this game his deeper than most people think and that characters are more complex too. It may be difficult for veteran MK players To see it because this game is a very different beast than its predecessors. Having strong mids is not everything. It comes to us to adapt and maximize our character's strenght and minimize it's weaknesses. This game is a jewel of balance IMO. There are a few things to adjust but it's overall pretty balanced and every character has a chance if played well.
well said.

I think the future of noob in this game... is to have b3 KB be on counter and for the shadow tackle KB to just be useable... thus allowing Noob 2 300 damage Kb punishes (b1 1+3 2KB and b1 1+3 shadow tackle amp) that can't be broken... and a b3 KB that can destroy a health bar when they dont' have defensive meter.

I still hope/wish we could have sickle slam instead of the sickle port... so that we can punish unsafe moves with pushback and use f221 slam [ender]. to get more than 180 damage.

Irregardles of noobs placing on the tier list, seeing double is badly designed.

It should be changed. At the VERY least ghost ball needs to be swapped for a different move or buffed somewhere. I get that letting the meta rock is a thing, but this is just awful design.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
well said.

I think the future of noob in this game... is to have b3 KB be on counter and for the shadow tackle KB to just be useable... thus allowing Noob 2 300 damage Kb punishes (b1 1+3 2KB and b1 1+3 shadow tackle amp) that can't be broken... and a b3 KB that can destroy a health bar when they dont' have defensive meter.

I still hope/wish we could have sickle slam instead of the sickle port... so that we can punish unsafe moves with pushback and use f221 slam [ender]. to get more than 180 damage.
If they give him two more viable KB's he risks being vaulted into top tier in a good players hands IMO.
As I slowly get better and play better competition, those throw KB's have become more of a regular thing in my matches. That's like a free 15-16% of an opponenet's health bar BOOM gone just like that lol. I think his double throw KB's give him this natural boost in higher level comp that goes under-appreciated.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If they give him two more viable KB's he risks being vaulted into top tier in a good players hands IMO.
As I slowly get better and play better competition, those throw KB's have become more of a regular thing in my matches. That's like a free 15-16% of an opponenet's health bar BOOM gone just like that lol. I think his double throw KB's give him this natural boost in higher level comp that goes under-appreciated.
I don't think it is under appreciated at all.

For him to get into that competitive tier, he just needs those other two viable KBs to claim him as a punish hard character.

What wrong with him competting against those top level characters? Even with those KBs Cassie still deletes everything he's good at. He can still be punished by alot of reversal specials on b1 1+3.

He's just a dump truck punch once he opens you up, with a shimmy shake.

Zer0_h0ur

I don't think it is under appreciated at all.

For him to get into that competitive tier, he just needs those other two viable KBs to claim him as a punish hard character.

What wrong with him competting against those top level characters? Even with those KBs Cassie still deletes everything he's good at. He can still be punished by alot of reversal specials on b1 1+3.

He's just a dump truck punch once he opens you up, with a shimmy shake.
I totally agree. I was just playing devils advocate

Dante

Noob
I value sickle Port more than snag after all this time tbh. F221 sure would be sweet but that outside of punishment. If you go for a punish f2 ex tele is a thing. Getting random f221 hits is very different

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
That string is unsafe.

b1 does have a hurtbox... the shadow doesn't. It is Noobs "thing". To be able to reach far without actually putting his hurtbox out there. Both moves that do this are very unsafe and can be punished by most of the characters.
Yes and this is exactly what I said with my previous post. I didn't suggest that the move did not have any hurtbox at all. I also did not say that the move was safe. All I said was that moves like those are supposed to be unsafe.
And as I already mentioned, no matter what annoying attributes a move has, whiffing issues should definitely be fixed.

Sanjo

Noob
I think the following changes would be a reasonable expectation for noob (dark sabbath, never used seeing double):

Change b3 kb requirement to "punish/kounter"

Increase damage on amp shadow tackle

Reduce number of "hit" shadows for kb to like half of what it is currently
Yes to those changes (obviously) except I'd rather have amp shadow tackle's properties changed to anything from more hit advantage (it's around 20 right now ; 40 might be worth the amp? ) to hit lever (mid or overhead even though I think the latter might be too much).

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
its over 50% damage an incredibly long range move.

It would become the best KB in the game for whiff punishes by a country mile.
it would be dropped out of 75% of the time.

trust me...... Noob is easy as PISS to block, and the time it takes to open someone up you usually can get your meter back.

It would be no more broken for him to only have 5 KBs.... one of which is a juggle (b3) than it is for Geras to have 6 Kbs and they're ALL free 300 damage.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
trust me...... Noob is easy as PISS to block, and the time it takes to open someone up you usually can get your meter back.
Noob is one of the best characters in the game for whiff punishing and shimmying. If you are talking that hes easy to block because oh/low shit, yeah thats like everyone but 3 characters dude.

Noobs opportunities for damage are not rare at all.

Dante

Noob
Noob is one of the best characters in the game for whiff punishing and shimmying. If you are talking that hes easy to block because oh/low shit, yeah thats like everyone but 3 characters dude.

They are rare cause he is one of the few that doesn't have mids.

I don't ever see b3 getting this kb and for good reason. It would be much preferable to get a max range kb on that

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
They are rare cause he is one of the few that doesn't have mids.

I don't ever see b3 getting this kb and for good reason. It would be much preferable to get a max range kb on that
He's got like the best d3 in the game that jails into 212/stand f2/throw mix, and a large chunk of the cast can't reliably deal with b1 1+3, especially if its spaced. He's fine.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Anyone that says noob can't open up people when he's playing the same game as 95% of the cast just doesn't understand the game at all/is a bad player or both.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Anyone that says noob can't open up people when he's playing the same game as 95% of the cast just doesn't understand the game at all/is a bad player or both.
If this were the case, he'd be used more often

as it stands..... he isn't. Mainly because there are at least 6 characters that do his job better, and safer.

But i guess i don't understand that game /shrug.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
its over 50% damage an incredibly long range move.

It would become the best KB in the game for whiff punishes by a country mile.
Then why did they give it to him? So it could not be used ever cus its deemed too strong? All these KBs with unviable requirements should be made viable and then if they need to rebalance a bit around that like increase scaling on mb tele or adjust the KB damage itself then just do it. Dont give me flashy moves I cant use. This applies to all characters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If this were the case, he'd be used more often

as it stands..... he isn't. Mainly because there are at least 6 characters that do his job better, and safer.

But i guess i don't understand that game /shrug.
Woe to thee, there being better characters means yours doesn't play the same game.

Exactly, you don't.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I was able to hit Demi-god purely using Noob. I think my ratio ended around 80/60. So better than 50% but man, it was like working 2 minimum wage jobs to pay for lunch.
Often times against top tier it was really against the player on whether they knew how to leverage the tools top tier had or not.
And lots of inconsistencies with some moves. amp tele, F3, into F2212 would often outright whiff the whole F2212 or just first hit and rest whiffs. D2 kb's a lot of the time cant consistently b11+3. 1+3 whiffs or whole thing didnt hit. Amp sickle port sometimes uppercutting the wrong direction. Land in front and someone turn around and punch wrong way or land behind but still facing original direction. And Im guessing my execution or controller but b11+3, often the 1+3 piece doesnt come out, or I whiff throws and the b1 didnt come out. And the occasional b11+3 connects but it doesnt let me tele or spirit ball. I resorted to spamming dudududu during the animation because I can't trust it.

Zer0_h0ur

I made grandmaster on XBL using mainly Noob ~60/40 record.
I actually played against a Seeing Double in a mirror match that would instant react jump tele to any move and land that bitch, I was impressed. Makes me wanna mess around with seeing double. Probably was also due to me not being used to those shenanigans

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I made grandmaster on XBL using mainly Noob ~60/40 record.
I actually played against a Seeing Double in a mirror match that would instant react jump tele to any move and land that bitch, I was impressed. Makes me wanna mess around with seeing double. Probably was also due to me not being used to those shenanigans
That variation is trash. I don't know why they made the air teleslam a separate slot move. It should just be apart of teleslam. Sickle Port.... while a good idea.... is pretty trash because of how it actually works.
Air teleslam is so much better.