What's new

The Future Of Law Enforcement- A UMK11 Robocop Guide

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Is Terminal Strip + Flamethrower a worthwhile loadout to begin with? Flamethrower really seems like a move you could do without
It's a good loadout. But I wouldn't feel locked into it, if your main interest is cmd grab pressure.

Flamethrower is a nice move that lets you convert any hit confirm into a lot of plus frames. But in most situations, Robo has other good options:
  • s121. You're +24 after finishing the string, so I personally never special cancel it. Just take your plus frames and pressure with any button you want.
  • s22 and f32. Canceling into straight auto-9 leaves you +8 with no pushback. Gas grenade leaves you +12-15 with just a little pushback. In every case, you can easily enforce a strike/throw mix, including with the CG.
  • f21. This is the only hit confirm where you'd need flamethrower to reset. Straight auto-9 hits but you're too far away to use the +8. Gas grenade is too slow and can be blocked. That said, if you're running with cheval trap, f212 gives you enough knockdown adv to get out a spike strip safely. Or to do any other oki setup you want. So tbh, I always take the knockdown and don't bother to reset off this string anyway.
So, flamethrower gives you one extra reset option, and is also good for maximizing plus frames in the corner. But the main advantage of that is additional safety for jailing highs (s1, s4, b2 if you want to try for it). You definitely don't need it for CG pressure.

Anyway, Terminal Strip + Flamethrower is a decent choice, but I'm not convinced it's optimal. But we'll see... some tourney player could prove me totally wrong.