What's new

The Food Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I knew grass fed beef was supposed to be more ethical and whatnot but nobody told me it tastes fucking amazing! I just made a burger with some and I was literally tearing up a bit eating it, the onions may have had something to do with it, but I like to think it was because that Cow was so god damn tasty.

nwo

Noob
So here's a question:

Is there any food that beats steak in the taste-to-preparation effort ratio score?
I don't think so. I'm not a steak expert, but it's like as easy or easier than making a hamburger.

I just got this cast-iron grate for my old weber charcoal grill yesterday and I had to try it out...

The sear marks aren't perfect, maybe next time. It was damn good though.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Just got some dried squid from a Japanese import store, and hot damn is it fucking delicious!

I also got some real wasabi root, wanted to taste the real thing as opposed to horse-radish with food coloring, can't wait to try it out!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have a friend who's nuts literally when it comes to hot stuff, he's eaten ghost peppers, carolina reapers raw. He'll eat and try anything hot from Korean super hot noodles to Carolina Reapers...I'm like dude, you're going to get an ulcer lol.

He told me though when he had the reaper that he regretted doing it at work on his break lol and would never do it again. I got him the hottest candy bar sold at Vat19, he ate the whole thing like nothing though said it left this burning in his stomach for a few hours lol. Most people pass out practically from just one little bite of it. I like hot stuff but I draw the line at haberno. I learned the hard way once downing this cheese doodle about 75% dipped in this super hot ghost pepper sauce my friend got me years ago, I dipped it like a frie in ketchup...that was a mistake lol. My mouth was burning for like 2 hours, thankfully a glass of milk, some bread and Ralph's Ices helped lol. I like Jalapeno's and Habernos but won't go farther than those these days. Not good for the tummy lol

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
how come they don't have those super good baked Cheetos they sell at Subway, in regular stores? seriously it's a million times better than regular, stain-everything-orange Cheetos

maybe my local Walmart just sucks

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I literally eat frozen veggies with chicken/fish every single day for lunch and dinner.
It started as a diet but now it's literally so routine that I'm too lazy to change it up.

The food you guys are posting is making me consider eating out and just working out harder tomorrow lol. Where's @Gerchap with the work out motivation when you need him :oops:.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I literally eat frozen veggies with chicken/fish every single day for lunch and dinner.
It started as a diet but now it's literally so routine that I'm too lazy to change it up.

The food you guys are posting is making me consider eating out and just working out harder tomorrow lol. Where's @Gerchap with the work out motivation when you need him :oops:.
That was my go to when I was on a cut, chicken and fish with vegies FTW.

Gerchap

Noob

LOL!!!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Just made some kickass homemade chicken noodle soup with potatoes, and vegetables... Didnt realize it was going to make some 10lbs of food

If anyone wants to give it a shot, here :
Cover a large cookie sheet with heavy duty foil and add 3-4lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned to your desire, and then close the foil "airtight". You should have enough space after closing it for the stock to NOT overflow the foil as it cooks.
Bake at 425F for 1 hour on bottom rack.

Now chop some potatoes, lengthwise twice then 2-4X widthwise , do the same thing you did with the chicken on another cookie sheet covered in foil but cover the foil in olive oil 1st and give the potatoes about anywhere from 75-90 minutes and START THEM ON THE MIDDLE RACK. Cook time is depending on how small you cut them.

While you're waiting go boil some pasta of choice (or rice if you prefer) and drain it afterwards, i used rotini. Set it aside.

Now use the pot or dutch oven for chicken broth and start simmering it on medium. I started with 64oz and added the stock from the chicken breast when it was done... Still wasn't quite enough liquid though.

Add your frozen veggies of choice to the pot, i used 1lb broccoli and 2lbs of mixed veggies (carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans and peas). Simmer until cooked.

Pull your chicken out and place it on the stove to cool and move the POTATOES FROM THE MIDDLE DOWN TO THE BOTTOM RACK for the remaining 15-30 minutes cook time. CAREFULLY open the foil (i run my fingers under cold water every few seconds until its open to prevent burns) and "wash" the seasoned tops of the breast in the pot just so seasoning adds to the veggies. Now pick the fat and gristle off , place a breast on the cutting board and cut into desired chunks... Eat a piece, it's so fuckin amazing and juicy and tender lol Go ahead and start adding the chopped chicken to the pot when it's all cut up.

Potatoes should be done soon, for whatever do end up stuck to the bottom, gently loosen them with a flipper. Now add to the soup which at this point is going to be more like a hearty stew. You can now feed a small army.

Season some more, i mainly just used salt, pepper, granulated garlic and Mrs. Dash original. Enjoy.