Online Set vs. Jax
Winners Finals Vs Combat Series #6
Winners Semi's Vs Combat Series #6
Winners Quarters Vs Combat Series #6

Stuffing Wakeups
Midscreen Wakeup Reversal
Tic Throw OS by @delbuster

Lackey Guide by @Matthew Rivera

This will be a collection of all Ferra/Torr matches, guides, and tech. Feel free to post any of your matches, whether it's online casuals, tournament play, or if you're just looking for advice. Please keep all combo videos in the combo thread.

I will try to update the OP regularly.

Last edited:

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Had a good set against a mate last night. Lackey vs Heavy weapons Jax.

Thanks ive been itching to see some more Lakey play now that im learning him. Grr's a great player but I dont really learn much from watching his lakey matches. Mustard plays a good Lakey, I wish I knew this character sooner so i could take in something from watching his game play.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I think Lackey's the best variation, but I still have a month of experience with vicious over lackey. So all that matchup experience still has me picking vicious over lackey at the moment.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In all honesty having a Lackey game to compliment Vicious is crucial to playing this character and helps a LOT with understanding them as a whole

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Yeah. I wiah Id picked it up sooner. It wasnt until I saw DidUSayChocolates guide that I saw its potential.

MK Led

Umbasa
In all honesty having a Lackey game to compliment Vicious is crucial to playing this character and helps a LOT with understanding them as a whole
Definitely. I do think Lackey 'plays Mkx' (as Pig puts it) slightly better than Vicious, but I think playing both variations gives you a solid understanding of a solid character. Personally I like all the variations equally, but Ruthless does seem a little less useful than the other two, at least for the moment.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Definitely. I do think Lackey 'plays Mkx' (as Pig puts it) slightly better than Vicious, but I think playing both variations gives you a solid understanding of a solid character. Personally I like all the variations equally, but Ruthless does seem a little less useful than the other two, at least for the moment.
Ruthless I've honestly just been using as a "style" variation. I don't find it as practical as the other variations at all.

Pain n gain isnt a match up changer like Boss Toss is, pain n gain just sort of feels like its there but doesn't necessarily help in match ups. It's weird but I'm not sure what can be done with Ruthless. Having the faster command grab is nice, but right now I'm really not sure where that variation falls. Like I've been dividing match ups based on which variation I think I should use against them and it's pretty much either Lackey or Vicious since each one compliments the missing tools of the other. Ruthless is sort of this awkward middle ground that I'm not sure what match ups to use it for. Although it is fun as hell.

Maybe it's something where you just have to counter pick your opponent with it if you know they personally aren't going to know how to deal with pain n gain set ups.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Anyway I have some online stuff I recorded when I was using all three variations through out, like I said I was just picking Ruthless when I wanted to switch things up still not sure what kind of character archetype Ruthless would be better versus over Vicious or Lackey but yeah.

http://www.twitch.tv/wetdoba/v/6170839

It's all online though fyi so please ignore the dropped combos. But I'd love some feed back if you guys want to skim through. The beginning is the first Tanya BS I had to deal with and went kind of as expected lol but I got halfway better

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ruthless I've honestly just been using as a "style" variation. I don't find it as practical as the other variations at all.

Pain n gain isnt a match up changer like Boss Toss is, pain n gain just sort of feels like its there but doesn't necessarily help in match ups. It's weird but I'm not sure what can be done with Ruthless. Having the faster command grab is nice, but right now I'm really not sure where that variation falls. Like I've been dividing match ups based on which variation I think I should use against them and it's pretty much either Lackey or Vicious since each one compliments the missing tools of the other. Ruthless is sort of this awkward middle ground that I'm not sure what match ups to use it for. Although it is fun as hell.

Maybe it's something where you just have to counter pick your opponent with it if you know they personally aren't going to know how to deal with pain n gain set ups.
I personally have a rough feeling on where PnG will succeed, but I need more time to develop it, and then maybe after we get a bit more work done on all 3 we can actually make a MU discussion xD

Its interesting to think we are one of the only, if not the only, forum that has yet to make one.

Audit

Falls down too much
I personally have a rough feeling on where PnG will succeed, but I need more time to develop it, and then maybe after we get a bit more work done on all 3 we can actually make a MU discussion xD

Its interesting to think we are one of the only, if not the only, forum that has yet to make one.
I'm sort of dying for a MU thread. Jax, Ermac, Shinnok and Kenshi give me fits. I labbed Shinnok last night, and figured some stuff out, but it would be nice to hear what others are doing about these. That said I still struggle using Vicious, it's so unnatural to me compared to Lackey, and matchups where Lackey feels really, really bad I just use Johnny Cage instead lol.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I think ruthless would be better if they made it like banes venom. Its clear thats kinda what they were going for. Id say giving it the venoms damage reduction or ignoring super armour if u have lvl 3 PnG could get me to play it.

In terms of matchups I think lackey beats jax. D1 can poke through alot of his pressure.

Matthew Rivera

DidUSayChocolate

what an MU discussion? sorry, ima new to being active in forums x)