What's new

Guide The Evolution Of Flash By Zyphox.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hey guys i thought i would make a series breaking down and evolving how you play with the flash and what strategies you can use to help your overall game while using the flash. i will update this thread every time i make a new video and would like some discussion and feed back on the series as well.

Part 1 - Beating Jump backs with Flying Uppercut.

Tags:
AK Harold
SaJa
Xenrail
BoricuaHeat
WITNESS
FCP/EMP SCAR
Mosp
Derocus
Hellion_96
LEGEND
Red Reaper

Zyphox

Part 2 Spacing and Footsies.

flash is imo a footsies/rushdown character, his buttons up close aren't as good or fast (LMFAO NRS) as some other characters but his block advantage and mix ups are so dangerous that it makes the entire cast tremble even aquaman. his whiff punish ability is strong if you know what you are doing and his ability to corner an opponent is top 3 in this game behind WW and doomsday.

updated

AK Harold
LEGEND
SaJa
BoricuaHeat
Xenrail
EMPEROR_THEO
AK Pig Of The Hut
Perfect Legend
A F0xy Grampa

Zyphox

good stuff zyphox. i always love seeing what goofy tech you come up with for your character.
hey this ain't goofy tech now, this makes a lot of MU's 5 - 5 or in flash's favor when you get this down tbh. now character like HG will eat massive damage for staying in the air or like BA and aquaman and all these characters that just jump back or neutral jump to disrupt flash's ground pressure will now have to hold a 47% combo plus wall carry into a vortex so yeah this tech is very essential.

LEGEND

YES!
i'll watch the video tomorrow and post my full thoughts on it

incase it is not mentioned in the video, some characters can still jump back with an air attack and beat out Flying uppercut but if they start doing so then you can trip guard them with Charge (Aquaman's J3, DS's J3, GA's J3 ect)

Zyphox

i'll watch the video tomorrow and post my full thoughts on it

incase it is not mentioned in the video, some characters can still jump back with an air attack and beat out Flying uppercut but if they start doing so then you can trip guard them with Charge (Aquaman's J3, DS's J3, GA's J3 ect)
yeah good point i mention that flying uppercut can get beat out by jumping attacks, but then they are opened up to a trip guard for full combo, i should have mentioned that in the video.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
hey this ain't goofy tech now, this makes a lot of MU's 5 - 5 or in flash's favor when you get this down tbh. now character like HG will eat massive damage for staying in the air or like BA and aquaman and all these characters that just jump back or neutral jump to disrupt flash's ground pressure will now have to hold a 47% combo plus wall carry into a vortex so yeah this tech is very essential.

goofy as in like "wow that works"

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
also i think it would be worth testing the thing against black adam if he presses 3 earlier in his jump, like as he's going up. you got stuffed out a few times and you pressed it kinda late in the jump.

Zyphox

also i think it would be worth testing the thing against black adam if he presses 3 earlier in his jump, like as he's going up. you got stuffed out a few times and you pressed it kinda late in the jump.
yeah i mean if they do a move early like that in the air they will beat it out, but if i don't anti air them then easy MB LC trip guard for full combo.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
yeah i mean if they do a move early like that in the air they will beat it out, but if i don't anti air them then easy MB LC trip guard for full combo.

yeah but it if they think you're going to DP they can do that. if they think you're going to lightning charge they can delay the air move. idk just a thought.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Not to reign on the parade here but this could be done pretty easily pre-patch as well. I do this to 16 Bit all the time whenever i played Flash.

You can in the vid below at the 4:00 minute mark and throughout the rest of the set. Not saying im a good flash by any means but this is something i hope people noticed when i did use him...guess not. :p

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can you d2, b3 from it ?

If the opponent drops too low you can also catch them with d1d2 in combo (right after the FU).

GGA Slips : never doing d2 + trait imo. It scales damage as fuck. 20sec trait for 35% isn't good imo when you can get ~30% without.

Use f3 against catwoman's wu instead of b3. ;)