What's new

The EVO 2019 MK11 Hype, Salt and Discussion Thread!

It's that time of year.. It's that time of the day.. We're in there boyz, it's EVO 2019. Discuss the craziness of this weekend and everything that happens here!

LET'S GO!!

P.S. for reference, here is dat bracket: EVO 2019 MK11 Smash.gg Brackets

And the stream:

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

And what exactly i did not explain ? I
As been posted on top of this page, ez to react:

I mean if deoxys cant react to that....
Most of the time Deoxys doesnt even try to block it, but probably to hit a button.

Some pro players cant tech throws, is that mean you cant tech a throw on react?

If some people are reacting to it, so its perfectly possible to learn the animation and how to react it.

And yeah if your reflexes are turtle like you may not react to it, but people do it:
Matches:
https://streamable.com/ijo9g
https://streamable.com/237gr
https://streamable.com/iom3j
Labs:
Tom Brady Comments and Video about that:
I don’t understand. In game I block this like 80% with my 42 year old reaction. My words “if i can do this nearly all the time as an old man, you wanna test someone young like Sonic with it?”. Thanks for the vid
Here is a video for lazy people when Tom Brady explain it perfectly if you dont wanna spend time in Lab to learn the animation and to react to it, its easy as sh***, just Fuzzy block.
From the 5:00.

Just what he said:
This is the problem with current gamers.
  1. They are very quick to ask for changes without attempting to learn. Due to patches in fighting games being normal people are quick to ask for things without trying to learn the matchup.
  2. Developers are to quick in patching because all gamers have to do is yell enough on social media and the developers will feel compelled to do something.
  3. People are straight up lazy

Most of the time Deoxys doesnt even try to block it, but probably to hit a button.

If some people are reacting to it, so its perfectly possible to learn the animation and how to react it.

And yeah if your reflexes are turtle like you may not react to it, but people do it:
Matches:
Labs:

Here is a video for lazy people when Tom Brady explain it perfectly if you dont wanna spend time in Lab to learn the animation and to react to it, its easy as sh***, just Fuzzy block.

Just what he said:
Sub-Zero has been downplayer since 2011, don't you think it's time to stop?

Matches:
Labs:

Just what he said:
Haha you never cease to amaze me :D

Btw can you show videos of YOU reacting to it instead of sonicfox, and not in practise mode but a real game?

Last edited:

Matches:
Labs:

Just what he said:
This is a player with upper high percentile tier reactions, in the lab, against a bot that's programmed to only do the 50/50, how practical.
If you're such a godlike adaptable player, I want you to do this for me and I guarantee you I'll shut up. Play against a competent SZ online and block the majority of his 50/50s, I can assure you this will be nothing like fighting a bot programmed to do nothing but the 50/50. It's astonishing how people are telling you to "just fuzzy" and "just react" meanwhile they still get hit by Shang Tsung's low low or low overhead string, and Kabal's low hook 50/50.

Jesus, the amount of downplay and hypocrisy is depressing. People shat on MKX for being a 50/50 fest, yet when this game has its own 50/50s it's "learn how to fuzzy" "just take the grab so you don't get crushing blowed" "you're a terrible fighting game player because you just cry instead of adapting".

Oh and if the OH is soooo reactable, then I'm sure you won't mind its startup being nerfed to 25 so it's more consistently reactable, right? I mean, it's tots 100% reactable anyways.

Yeah you always amaze me tho. :D
And i was sure what you going to say, so i give you 4 more videos on not a "pro" players in my previous post.
Tom Brady explain it perfectly as well.

SaSSolino, you see me speak about Sub Zero in MK 9 or X/XL ?
But pls dare to tell me the players that have won something with Sub Zero on a major on this games?
My question on previous 2-3-4-5 pages is still not answered, why?
How many Sub Zero players have made it to top 8 in a majors so far? Same for Scorpion. Can see the number for top 32 and top 64.

Games are and should always be balanced at highest level gameplay.

thlityoursloat, no one will make it 25, simply because no one will use it, and its be better to just remove the OH. And you realize every character have OH, due to hop, that has 10 start up frame? But people react to it, simply because of the animation.
If you dont get owned by Scorpion or Sub Zero online/offline, just do what SonicFox and Brady say. There is a Lab for that reason. If some move/characters/combos/etc gives you a problems you go there and start practicing day after day. Nothing come with easy.
There is a lot of moves in this game thats annoy me, and some characters also do that, but you dont see me complain in every possible thread right ?

And yeah of course even Pros are going to get hit by reactable attack. There is a multiple reason for that. But that doesnt mean that this attacks are overpowered or else.

See plenty of pros get hit by Sub Zero F+4, and this is the easiest to react move. But you dont know what your opponent is going to do at the same time, he may have other thing in mind and not be able to react at time.
Plenty of people get constantly hit by Erron Black drop kick, esp. online and there was huge crying for that move as well. Yet he is 26 start up frame and its easy reactable.

So lets nerf every move we dont have and totally destroys every character we dont play. This is some people request. It`s dumb as hell.

Last edited:
I dont know your execution, but yeah Sub Zero combos(some of them) are hard as f** and its fu** hard to be consistent with them.
If you don`t believe me go watch pro Sub Zero players and how many combos they are dropping. Buffalo miss like 90% of his Frozen Over last shot(kick) combo or he simply skip it.
His conversion are also hard. Most time you will fail and you will eat punish.
Yeah combo that include jumping, dashing and cross-up are harder. In some of his combos you need to be extremeley fast and accurate for the Ice Ball(one of his anti-air or corner combo) or you going to miss it.
But you can always prove me wrong with a videos of yours where you do 10 of his combos in a row, without droping it. :D
Along with oak you're my favorite new dumbass clueless poster

And bless this site for being run in a way that guarantees there's no short supply of you

Yeah you always amaze me tho. :D
And i was sure what you going to say, so i give you 4 more videos on not a "pro" players in my previous post.
Tom Brady explain it perfectly as well.

SaSSolino, you see me speak about Sub Zero in MK 9 or X/XL ?
But pls dare to tell me the players that have won something with Sub Zero on a major on this games?
My question on previous 2-3-4-5 pages is still not answered, why?
How many Sub Zero players have made it to top 8 in a majors so far? Same for Scorpion. Can see the number for top 32 and top 64.

Games are and should always be balanced at highest level gameplay.

thlityoursloat, no one will make it 25, simply because no one will use it, and its be better to just remove the OH. And you realize every character have OH, due to hop, that has 10 start up frame? But people react to it, simply because of the animation.
If you dont get owned by Scorpion or Sub Zero online/offline, just do what SonicFox and Brady say. There is a Lab for that reason. If some move/characters/combos/etc gives you a problems you go there and start practicing day after day. Nothing come with easy.
There is a lot of moves in this game thats annoy me, and some characters also do that, but you dont see me complain in every possible thread right ?

And yeah of course even Pros are going to get hit by reactable attack. There is a multiple reason for that. But that doesnt mean that this attacks are overpowered or else.

See plenty of pros get hit by Sub Zero F+4, and this is the easiest to react move. But you dont know what your opponent is going to do at the same time, he may have other thing in mind and not be able to react at time.
Plenty of people get constantly hit by Erron Black drop kick, esp. online and there was huge crying for that move as well. Yet he is 26 start up frame and its easy reactable.

So lets nerf every move we dont have and totally destroys every character we dont play. This is some people request. It`s dumb as hell.
Game is 3 months old, and u judge a characters strength based on tournament results from those 3 months?
Can you give your own opinion and stop copy pasting everything what sonicfox says?
Can u show a video of u online reacting easily to sub zeros mixup in ranked?

So i should make a video just to prove some random guy i never met in something i already know ? :D
Im not a 15 years old kid anymore so NO.
And yeah the game is 3 months old, most people hasnt learn how to play to the strength of their character, yet 99,99% post are buff, nerf, buff, nerf.

And from the begining of the year, there was like 9 or 10 big tournaments so far, plenty of time for a big Sub Zero and Scorpion player base to do well in tournament, right ?
And of course i have my own opinion, but i like to put an argument to mine with proven facts !!!
And once again games are and should be balanced by top tier gameplay.
When i judge a character i look at him as a whole. His strength and weaknesses. Is he have variety, is he one dimensional, how much tools he have and so on and so on. Watching replays of Pro players help you improve on your overall gameplay as well. So its good to watch a lot of pro players. And you learn a lot of things for the game.
Sub and Scorpion have limited option, thats the reason they are not even close to the top in tournaments.
Still i never aim and make threads for buff this one, nerf this one. There is a people who looks for this and are responsible for that. Instead of crying and make 28328738238 usless nerf/buff post in a forum i instead prefer to enjoy the game.
I play the character i like i dont care if he is weak or strong. It doesnt really matter to me.
Just sa i said i`m not a 15 year old teen, that will lose his sleep, simply because his favorite character is not the strongest or one of them ....

So i should make a video just to prove some random guy i never met in something i already know ? :D
Well u took the time to write a novel and like 5 different twitter links so why would that be so hard to just record a match?

Doesnt matte tho you just keep ignoring the question, you say its EZ reactable, and i just want proof, not sonicfox twitterlinks from practise mode, i gave you an example from deoxys, wheres your proof?

Well u took the time to write a novel and like 5 different twitter links so why would that be so hard to just record a match?

Doesnt matte tho you just keep ignoring the question, you say its EZ reactable, and i just want proof, not sonicfox twitterlinks from practise mode, i gave you an example from deoxys, wheres your proof?
Brochocho, dont bother with this guy. I already referred him to a match wherein you see Sonic Fox getting hit by the overhead quite a few times against buffalo in 50/50 situations. We've seen Scar, we've seen Sonic, we've seen Deoxys - all them getting opened up by the supposedly reactable overhead.

Sonic's tweets are from May, CEO (where he fought Buffalo) was in June, thus meaning he has had time to perfect his 'reactions' - but as it stands he could not react to it. He took the set nevertheless, but that's Sonic as a player.

This arguement is bottom 5 of all time. So Kabal is trash because he dont get top 8s? And suddenly Kung Lao is top 3 cuz Foxy has gotten consistent top 8's with him? Bruh come on. Scorpion HAS been in top 8's. You think Scar only plays Sonya? He used Scorpion for a lot of the high profile matches during Combo Breaker. He also used Scorpion against F0xy's Cassie in top 8.

And do you know how stacked MK is these days? You see Sylverrye in 1 tournament's top 8, then absent in the next and right back in the third. Hayatei does work now but was eliminated in previous tournaments. I think many would argue Sub is better than KL but KL is one of the chars who have seen most top 8's in this game - so what's that supposed to mean?

And nobody is calling for nerfs, we just say it's not reactable - and FUCK what Sonic says when he himself obviously cannot react to it during a set. And bruv is Jax bottom 5 since we havent seen him in tournament yet? What is this logic

DrFolmer, you couldn`t be more wrong. And its fun to prove you wrong time after time, but you may be need a glasses this time.
Go check the videos in my previous post again, and you can see the videos i give from the exact SonicFox vs Buffalo match, and there is exactly 3 videos where SonicFox is crounch, and Buffalo trying to hit him with OH and SonicFox punish him for that.
Reaction is a reaction. If you can react to it in the lab, then you can react in a match.

But why i do even bother trying to explain something to a ignorant people who just want to complain, instead of learn and improve.
Brady explain it perfectly how to deal with Sub Zero OH, and there is more then plenty of people that react to OH.
And once again just because you get hit by some move, it doesnt move its not reactable.
Just as i mention with Sub Zero F,4 and Erron Black drop kick. Plenty of pro get hit by them, is that mean they are unreactable ?
Dont tell me i already know the answer.
SonicFox shows how he can react 100% of the time to a Sub Zero OH with mixed attack, and plenty of videos of different people reac it, but yeah just because you cant , its unreactable we get it. There isnt a move in the game where you will react it 100 times out of 100 times in a competive match, if you dont get that, you simply know nothing about FG, and games as whole.
And there is always go to be unreactable shot in FG, but that doesnt mean the move is OP/Broken and need to be nerfed.

As far as Sub Zero players in competive tournaments, yeah more excuses pls. You got nothing to say about Sub and Scorpion, but yeah lets cry about how many players use Geras and land in top 8 for example.
When its not favour our point we just going to ignore it, but when its favor, of course we going to say, look there is so many Geras player in top 8.

And Scar use Scorpion in 1 match, against Foxy in Combo, because obviously Foxy had written his homework and counter him hard with Cassie. And thats why Scar used Scorpion. Yet Foxy missed the win big time in the first match when Scar pick Scorpion.
And no Scorpion has not been in top 8. Just because Scar use it in one match as counter, doesnt mean a sh***.
But Scar is a good example. The moment he deicde to play Scorpion as main, he lost every tournament since.

Hellbringer, i give plenty of proof. I make my point.
Im done on this topic for good. Everyone can believe in whatever they want. Im just going to laugh at people like you. :D
Just one last tips. Instead of crying about getting owned by normal move in all the social media and forum in the world, spend that time in the game to improve your reaction time and muscle memory and you eventually will get better and stop complaining. :D

There isnt a move in the game where you will react it 100 times out of 100 times in a competive match, if you dont get that, you simply know nothing about FG, and games as whole
Of course people get opened up. But sonic got hit with it in a 50/50 scenario and not as a whiff punisher. When people say it's reactable it should mean that in a 50/50 scenario OH or low case, the overhead should be blocked every single time. But it doesnt. You cannot compare f4 of Erron Black as it is a mixup by itself as its startup is similar to Slide lul.

As for your statement, the reason people get opened up could be due to:
  • pressing buttons
  • input errors
  • trying to jump
But this is not the case in the scenario I'm referring to. This is Sub-Zero tried and true mixup against Sonic Fox, who gets head by the overhead in a guessing situation. You gotta HOLD this fact, you cant just keep brushing it aside by claiming I have no knowledge of FG's. These personal attacks just indicates you have run out of stuff to say lul

And no Scorpion has not been in top 8. Just because Scar use it in one match as counter, doesnt mean a sh***.
I literally just proved to you he was used in top 8. How are we supposed to have a discussion when you say stupid stuff like it "doesnt mean a sh***". I have to acknowledge Sonic's videos. I cant just say "oh, for no apparent reason imma just say it's irrelevant". Support your claims with evidence and less emotions

SonicFox shows how he can react 100% of the time to a Sub Zero OH with mixed attack, and plenty of videos of different people reac it, but yeah just because you cant , its unreactable we get it
Yes, he has shown he can do it in a training room with nothing else to worry about. He has also shown, that he cannot apply this in real matches, thus making the notion that it's reactable at least partly false. It is a fuzzy-able mixup if done at the first possible frame, but it's not applicably reactable.
And there is always go to be unreactable shot in FG, but that doesnt mean the move is OP/Broken and need to be nerfed
Nobody is calling for nerfs, sigh. You're just downplaying how good Sub is a high level. Scar was beat by a Sub player at CEO - and listen, Scar is one of the most consistent NRS players and fundamentally strong players as well. He's Sonic's training partner ffs and has beat him in grand finals before. This guy's reactions is no joke. If he falls to Sub-Zero it means the character is PRETTY damn solid.

The coverage for this EVO was disappointing. The breaks were entirely too frequent, too long, and too repetitive. I didn't care about Slipknot the first 10 times I saw it. By the 20th, I'm ready to boycott that band entirely. Did we need to stare at a 25% off discount Scorpion splash screen for 10+ minutes at a time? No we did not.
I legit fell asleep during MK11 upper matches because of the massive delays and breaks. I would have missed the whole top 8 if my SO didn't come and check on me (and woke me up). Compare that to the Tekken 7 upper match coverage. They had ad breaks, but it wasn't nearly as bad and the matches were back to back and snappy.
Pools coverage was also pretty whatever. It's like the stream team was actively avoiding well known players and good matches. Either that, or they just didn't have time between ALL THE INSANE AD BREAKS.

Overall the character diversity was disappointing, but what can you expect from an NRS game with zero balance patches 4 months in? This. At least for the top 8 you were watching invested players. Deoxys was at least going to show you a great Geras, Dragon Cetrion, etc. So I'm not too mad about that.

All in all, Tournament season is over. Let's get out the patch now. Fix hitboxes, and adjust some damage dials at the very least.

Maybe you should visit a doctor?

And no Sub Zero is not a solid character, unless you cant prove me wrong. Most top players have him in low to mid tiers. I put like 10 of Pros Tier Lists in my previous posts. But you of course skip it comfortably.
But what do i expect from a guy who was said that SonicFox doesnt understand the game. :D

And sorry but i will believe my eyes, not some random guy, who obviously have a problem with a character, that is not even a high tier, and go on spamming for him in every possible thread.

And the reason people get opened is a lot more, than you suggested. Once again give me explanation why people get hit by 28+ frame shots, and im not talking about whiff, but normal situation, just like they can get hit by a 6f attack and they can get hit by 19frame OH attack.

And exactly the lab is the right place to shows and understand if you can react on some move or not. If you do it constantly, and SonicFox and other players that i give videos do it in a random mix up attack, then the move is reactable.
In matches a lot of things can have effect on your reaction.
Simple example is Dragon. On the CEO he was teching like every fu* SonicFox throw he tried, whether it was fails tech or succ he was reacting to them.
In the EVO it was like he didnt even try. SonicFox throws him 4 straight time, and not once i see escape failed. He didnt tech 90% of the throw.
So how is that even possible by your simple logic? :D

And to land character in top 8 in tournament or so, you have to use him more than just to counter in 1 match. This was just counter pick. You understand that ?
Or you going to tell me that SonicFox won the EVO2019 with Cetrion, simply because he use it ionce in the pool against Liu Kang player?

You say Scar is consistent, then why he fail to deliver, when he decide to play Scorpion main in his next tournament/s?
Scar is not on point after CB2019 and this could happen to anyone to have bad day, week or a month/s. He lost to lesser players even with Sonya.

Hayatei lost to Kotal Khan with Erron Black, is that make Kotal high skilled character? :D
You cant said that if there is not plenty of players that have good placement with that character or atleast 1 that is consistent. Not just 1 hit wonder.

And did you even watch that Scar vs Buffalo match you talk so much about ?

Scar get hit exactly 2 time by the OH, when he was on the ground and was getting up. He get hit 2 more time, but he was try to jump both of time. And he reacted to the OH 3 time and punish Buffalo for it.
Should i point you the exact moment, like i did for Sonic matches? :D Scar lost the match, cause he was totally outplayed by Buffalo, not because of some imba unreactable move.

Last edited: