What's new

The Doomtex

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
Ok guys I thought I would share the Doomtex with you all its kind of a ghetto vortex if you like. I thought I would make this a separate thread only because many people requested I explain this and they don't read the other threads. Anyways ^_^
We all know that f23 is a quick get up and that we can get leap cancel setups off of it. Well in the video below I will show you what I have been doing for the past to days in the corner with the f23 setups.

Ok the first recording in the video shows me doing a regular combo.
f3 j3 d2 df3 bb j3 3 dbf3mb f23 df3 ff j2
This set up will land non cross up in front of your opponent it will beat out tech rolls.
The first recording also shows you you can loop it once you land the j2 and confirm the 11b2.
11b2 d2 df3 bb j3 3 dbf3mb f23 df3 ff j2
It will then go on to show you that you can infact do this meterless as well if you just change the standing 3 part and go right into the f23.
11b2 d2 df3 bb j3 f23 df3 ff

The second recording that plays in the video shows exactly the same setup combo as before but instead of doing f23 df3 ff you change it to f23 df3b ff j2 for example:
f3 j3 d2 df3 bb j3 3 dbf3mb f23 df3b ff j2
It then goes to show you just one way of putting them back into the corner with the air grab and looping it over and over again and of course it works with bar and without.

The third recording shows just letting the first of doom rip and getting that unexpected low off for a little reset on damage.
Ending any combo in f23 df3bmb/df3b

DISCLAIMER: This setup is obviously not fool proof. The opponent can get out of this by delaying the wake up fully and some wake ups in general can get out of this.

I believe that this is just nice to have along with the other things that compliments my boi Hellboy I hope this helps those who have been asking.
What do you guys think? Is this viable? @HappyPow @EMPEROR_KNICKS @REO @PND OmegaK
(Anyone else I should tag?)

EDIT: Another option I forgot to put in before is to cancel the leap into a grab:

Last edited:

Sesal Snow

I would like to add that You can also do a cross up and stay on the same side as well.
So any combo into f23 ender.
f3 j3 d2 df3bb 3 f23 df3b ff j3
You can confirm this meterless with d2 f23 to loop it. (f3 j3 d2 df3bb 3 f23 df3b ff 3 d2 f23)
If you want the extra damage you will confirm it with d2 db1 11 dbf3mb f23 for the loop. (f3 j3 d2 df3bb 3 f23 df3b ff 3
d2 db1 11 dbf3mb f23)
I will add a video in the near future for this part.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Seems like a set up that you can just delay wake up against.Try testing max delayed wake up.

Sesal Snow

Thought it to be more Hellboy related inputs etc., my bad there.
It's cool.
The idea is you want them to eventually start delaying their wake up so you can go into the leap cancel and get free pressure back into a 50/50 leap on block etc.