What's new

The Donkey-Headed Adversary of Humanity Opens the Discussion

∆Venus

fighters are a freaking blast!
Hello all! Pardon the verbose title; I didn't want to settle for anything less than an arbitrary reference.
Long-time listener, first-time caller — I also have severe anxiety in online spaces, so this will be an interesting challenge.

I've been playing fighting games, and more specifically Mortal Kombat, since I was a two-year-old. Standing on milk crates to play in the arcade when I was five, etc. I didn't begin taking them "seriously" until vanilla SFIV. I spent a few years competing in tournaments in Philadelphia, primarily focused on anime games. Always wanted to come back home, so to speak, but was intimidated by the prospect.

I'm a middling player who has plateaued, and I want to see an upward trend with my skill in MK11. Sure, much of that needs to come from me, but I also need a less insular pool of opponents, and so I've come here. I love fighting games as a metaphor for conversation, and when two players are making reads and adapting to one another over a set, oof that's some intimate mind meld shit. I want to experience that more often!

I hope to get to know you all and run some sets when MK11 drops!

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Based on the beta, I am doubtless that you'll have yourself plenty of those fisticuff-fueled conversation in MK11. That feels like a really strong aspect of the game. I consider myself far below middling myself, but I'm also looking to change that. Best of luck on your own journey of self-improvement!