What's new

The Doctor Angel Midnight Open Challenge.

Will Doctor Angel ever redeem his soul?

• Yes, I believe in the power of Wolf Hat.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, he's completely lost it, this man needs help.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • It smells like pot and coffee cake in this thread. Mmm.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Before we begin, this is not going to be the usual psychotic song and dance.

I need the help of a skilled and emotionally sympathetic warrior to help me fix some shit in my soul.

Tonight, at midnight, myself and Brainiac - JUST Brainiac - will put on our thinking caps, our entrance music wil play, and we will enter the proverbial ring.
I offer my 12'th level intellect in a FT20 challenge to any among you who wish to fight like a warrior.

See...(and this is where things get kind of serious)
Four years ago, the estranged once great love of my life took her own life.
I won't go into details, but it was bad. It's only recently started not being bad.
Last year, around halloweenish, my entire life collapsed into its own footprint in ways i literally can't discuss publically because it might turn up in court one day (no, i didn't do anything horrible, it was someone else's grand fuck up that I got caught in the gravity of), and ended up moving to the Bronx to get the hell away from it all and start over somewhere new. So now I'm here...and I'm way better. And I have my book, and Brainiac, and my shtick + you merry band of misfits to experiment with to keep myself occupied and creating.
But an anniversary is an anniversary. And this may be the only time or context I get to say something/do something on a serious note, tell my actual story so everyone can at least have their moment of "ohhh, he's not totally insane, he just went through some shit, gotcha" moment without people's minds just jumping straight to the crazy guy with the bat and the Wolf Hat. Just this one time, because it'll help a brother feel better in his soul.
And y'know what, beseeching TYM for help in matters of the soul is kind of like swimming with sharks with laser beams attached to their heads, but fuck it. At the end of the day, on some real shit, beyond my kid and my pops, you guys are all I got. I'm like a fucking stand-up comic who can't stay off the road. What else am I gonna do, go to church? Open a bakery? Build shit?
Hell no, I suck at masonry. I want a fight. A good, memorable fight.
Because I'm starting something big in 2018 that I've told a few people about and all in all seems like a good idea, but I can't get y'all to care about that plan (and it is a good plan, like some real world affecting type shit) unless this one works and I bleed for all of your judgement. And that's fine. Brainiac needs to improve his collection.

So, I'm gonna open this thread.
And I'm gonna see who among you will take the chance to be the Ashrah to my Oni and help me commemorate my ghostly love in proper fashion, because I've yet to ever get to do it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand go.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Before we begin, this is not going to be the usual psychotic song and dance.

I need the help of a skilled and emotionally sympathetic warrior to help me fix some shit in my soul.

Tonight, at midnight, myself and Brainiac - JUST Brainiac - will put on our thinking caps, our entrance music wil play, and we will enter the proverbial ring.
I offer my 12'th level intellect in a FT20 challenge to any among you who wish to fight like a warrior.

See...(and this is where things get kind of serious)
Four years ago, the estranged once great love of my life took her own life.
I won't go into details, but it was bad. It's only recently started not being bad.
Last year, around halloweenish, my entire life collapsed into its own footprint in ways i literally can't discuss publically because it might turn up in court one day (no, i didn't do anything horrible, it was someone else's grand fuck up that I got caught in the gravity of), and ended up moving to the Bronx to get the hell away from it all and start over somewhere new. So now I'm here...and I'm way better. And I have my book, and Brainiac, and my shtick + you merry band of misfits to experiment with to keep myself occupied and creating.
But an anniversary is an anniversary. And this may be the only time or context I get to say something/do something on a serious note, tell my actual story so everyone can at least have their moment of "ohhh, he's not totally insane, he just went through some shit, gotcha" moment without people's minds just jumping straight to the crazy guy with the bat and the Wolf Hat. Just this one time, because it'll help a brother feel better in his soul.
And y'know what, beseeching TYM for help in matters of the soul is kind of like swimming with sharks with laser beams attached to their heads, but fuck it. At the end of the day, on some real shit, beyond my kid and my pops, you guys are all I got. I'm like a fucking stand-up comic who can't stay off the road. What else am I gonna do, go to church? Open a bakery? Build shit?
Hell no, I suck at masonry. I want a fight. A good, memorable fight.
Because I'm starting something big in 2018 that I've told a few people about and all in all seems like a good idea, but I can't get y'all to care about that plan (and it is a good plan, like some real world affecting type shit) unless this one works and I bleed for all of your judgement. And that's fine. Brainiac needs to improve his collection.

So, I'm gonna open this thread.
And I'm gonna see who among you will take the chance to be the Ashrah to my Oni and help me commemorate my ghostly love in proper fashion, because I've yet to ever get to do it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand go.
@CrimsonShadow is your man, he's been waiting for his challenge his entire life

Only one man comes out of NY Alive. Tonight Fate meets the Furious

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Considering at the beginning of all my crazy, Shadow WAS the guy I picked as the Shadow Moon to my Mr Wednesday that I'd eventually make a believer out of, that would make eerie good sense.
If this were the storyline of a convoluted anime, he'd be the chosen one.

So what is this, just a normal first to 20 at midnight tonight? If that's all it is this Abyss Watcher will step up to the plate.
Yep, pretty much. No bells, no gimmicks, no nothing.
Just a doctor looking for a fight.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
@Pig Of The Hut

Stream pls. Do it for the culture. Plus we are owed an angel exhibition after the greatest no-show in sports entertainment history...
He's kinda right. I might have been doing what I believed was right, but I still let the homies down.

I'm ready to be eaten by the lions if you still have the keys to the arena.

#DoctorAngelHasADeathwish

Pig Of The Hut

He's kinda right. I might have been doing what I believed was right, but I still let the homies down.

I'm ready to be eaten by the lions if you still have the keys to the arena.

#DoctorAngelHasADeathwish
12am midnight est tonight?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I mean.. You said skilled, so that doesn't include me. But I'll be show up for moral support and bring Red Hood, Canary and.. cough, Beetle (its Espio's fault) with me for the shits of it.

Additionally if you ever need to chat , and I'm not talking some stupid "find closure in a private message" shit, but just in general, mind racing, need to offload, etc, pm me any time.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is tonight's hype song.

And this is my aforementioned spooky posthumous beloved, for whom I will battle this evening.
World, meet Abbie. Abbie, meet world.

the only other human in all of life who loved this band as much as I did.

144 minutes to go.

#MyShipIsReady

Pig Of The Hut

This is tonight's hype song.

And this is my aforementioned spooky posthumous beloved, for whom I will battle this evening.
World, meet Abbie. Abbie, meet world.

the only other human in all of life who loved this band as much as I did.

144 minutes to go.

#MyShipIsReady
@CrimsonShadow GUYS MY BRAVES GAME WAS A RAIN OUT, rescheduled double harder tomorrow which means tonight is a no go

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'd fight you but I'm currently getting AT&T WiFi due to ranked being 3/5
The connections have been really ass today.
And I'm wired with my modem like a foot from my setup, so I rarely have trouble anymore, but today = ass.
Even though having 3/5 is awesome and has been great when it works.