What's new

The DLC Skins Rant

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
After seeing the latest round of skins, I think many of us will agree (although I'm sure plenty will disagree as well) that the skins in MKX are an absolute joke. What the hell is going on? I've never seen such laziness.

Carl Weathers Skin - Tournament Jax with a different head. I know everyone loved Colonel Dillon's cybernetic arms in Predator, right? Unreal.

Commando Johnny - WTF is this? Wasn't he supposed to look like Arnold from Predator? It looks like the Hotshot costume with different colors. Garbage.

Infrared Scorpion - Can't wait to play 14,357 Inferno Scorpions online wearing this piece of shit.

Klassic.......everyone - These are GARBAGE. Completely out of place in the game. They look like someone built shitty UMK3 models out of Play-Doh. The MK9 Klassic skins shit all over these. To be fair, though....Klassic Kitana and Mileena are really nice looking.

Blue Steel/Whatever the Scorpion one is called - Completely out of place in the game.

Soccer Johnny and Eddy Gordo Liu Kang - I can't even begin to comment on how stupid and shitty these are. I look forward to Cricket Kano and Curling Goro, though (scratch that....DLC characters don't get skins. I forgot.)

Gaucho Kung Lao - Are they just getting high over at NRS studios and seeing what shit they can try to sell us?

Pharaoh Ermac - Shitty.....makes no sense. Hate it.

Farmer Jax - Fuck outta here.

Ninja Mime Johnny - I believe Boon referred to this as "the best skin in the game". This is also the same man who claimed the Challenge Tower reward for completion was the best thing you'd ever unlock in an MK game ever or some shit.

Soviet Sonya - What's NRS' weird obsession with Soviet shit?

Anyway, this is obviously just my opinion, but man do I think NRS mailed it in on these skins. And the ones they actually took time on (Kraken Reptile, for example) are beyond stupid and pointless. I'm willing to give NRS my money....but I haven't bought one skin from them for MKX and probably won't buy any upcoming ones. I doubt the last round of Klassic skins will be any better.

Last edited:
classic ninja skins really look corny, in UMK3 it was good, but here looking at these sons of bitches i just wonder why the fuck ninjas like their pants to have bright colored asses. masks are also ugly as fuck. infrared scorpion sponsored by epilepsy and sfxt neon colors. kraken reptile looks like some hentai shit. and blue steel sub zero and scorpion look like they were ripped from Batman TAS and put into this game.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
While i agree on some of the points you made, surely you have seen the request for classic ninja this and classic ninja that. Thank your fellow NRS brethren : they like that shit.
Instead of wanting new costumes they keep asking for classic outfits . So who is really at fault..................

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Besides Kitana and Mileena Klassic skins, I think the male ninjas look like Claymation.

I do like the Carl Weathers, Klassic Sonya, Klassic Kang, Vampire Mileena, Pharaoh Ermac, and Blue Steel Sub however.

But it does seem some of the skins are a bit silly. Like they are troll skins.

Commando Johnny is a huge blow up though.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Let's not forget the myriad of skins for the new characters.. Oh wait.

These dLC skins have been very lackluster imo. Also I thought we were done with these klassic skins, especially since they don't even fit in this game, time and lore wise. Would rather them to have taken a chance with MK4-MKA skins.

Horror Pack is cool, Mileena especially.
MK1 Sonya is cool.

Lol i couldn't have said this better "commando Johnny" and "Gaucho Lao " are the prime example. And all of the "CLASSIC" costumes are rubbish play doh doh doh, Why did they did a classic reptile when hes not even human reptile which was the reason everyone was using the that skin in MK9 in the first place.

Slymind

Noob
Many have been really undewhelming i agree, but i like Kraken Reptile, "Russian" Kano and Sonya and the Samurais ones, those are pretty decent imo, and classic skins are what they are, they are supposed to be a nod to past games, and back then the design was symplistic, which greatly differs from modern MK.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
While i agree on some of the points you made, surely you have seen the request for classic ninja this and classic ninja that. Thank your fellow NRS brethren : they like that shit.
Instead of wanting new costumes they keep asking for classic outfits . So who is really at fault..................
I'm one of the people who LOVE Klassic skins. The UMK3 versions of the ninjas is my favorite look for those characters. So it's not the idea I have issue with, it's the execution. They look horrendous.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Lol i couldn't have said this better "commando Johnny" and "Gaucho Lao " are the prime example. And all of the "CLASSIC" costumes are rubbish play doh doh doh, Why did they did a classic reptile when hes not even human reptile which was the reason everyone was using the that skin in MK9 in the first place.
Cause it is mk4 Reptile