What's new

Tech - Cyrax The Deadly Mixup

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Hello Cyrax community. Here to bring you some tech. I am new here so Apologies for any repost.

The only way to block this without getting full comboed is only if they block overhead and nothing else. That makes it so that the bomb counts and they get hit with 8% and get knocked down cause the net doesn't come out. You are safe. Or if they decide to test their luck and block low overhead instead. BUT if you decide to throw them for a loop and go for the usual setup, RIP

This works all the time as long as you get the net at a good height above the ground.

Have a Happy New Years, and Long Live the Tekunin.

@Bruno-NeoSpace @Zionix @scarsunseen @Skeezer12 @PND_Mustard @False God Confirmed @any cyrax player

Last edited:

hkriderz

so wait, shouldnt u be able to block both hits?
The only way to block is to reverse block so instant low overhead. But the usual setup off of ex saw will hit you if you try, which is instant overhead low. And there is no way to block both setups at the same time. So ergo, deadly mixup

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
welcome brother!

First of all major props for using Neos B&B, using 111 is so much safer than 114.

Secondly although this is something that we use, any ideas or content for cyrax is welcome. Hope to see more from you and some gameplay aswell! :D

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
That is know, but thanks to remind everybody about it because that is very good! You can also use EX saw to be totally safe on block :D

Last night i did a vid showing Cyrax's most practical combos and setups that i've seen until today...

EDIT: There are some here and there details in those combos and setups that i forgot to show in the vid... damn. Later i'll remake the vid to show more details.

EDIT 2: Video updated.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
That is know, but thanks to remind everybody about it because that is very good! You can also use EX saw to be totally safe on block :D

Last night i did a vid showing Cyrax's most practical combos and setups that i've seen until today...

EDIT: There are some here and there details in those combos and setups that i forgot to show in the vid... damn. Later i'll remake the vid to show more details.
This is a great compilation. Good work. There's a few things missing, but this really is great.

hkriderz

Man I didn't know I was really behind on the tech. There's so much and I thought this was new lol.

We should make a culminating guide for all the best Cyrax tech and setups and how to use them all.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Man I didn't know I was really behind on the tech. There's so much and I thought this was new lol.

We should make a culminating guide for all the best Cyrax tech and setups and how to use them all.
Can you break down the timing that allows you to get the net out after the reset?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
This is a great compilation. Good work. There's a few things missing, but this really is great.
Video updated :p

Yeah, that is what i am trying to do with my Cyrax vid :p watch it... practical combos and setups for most situations.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Shouldn't just B1 do the job and no matter how they get hit you get full combo into a setup? I like the second part where you did Close bomb, Ex Saw then Mid bomb into B3D4. I tryed it online and nobody got out without armor.

hkriderz

Shouldn't just B1 do the job and no matter how they get hit you get full combo into a setup? I like the second part where you did Close bomb, Ex Saw then Mid bomb into B3D4. I tryed it online and nobody got out without armor.
No it doesn't. You have to time b1 to hit perfectly overhead low or as in my setup low overhead (if they actually try and block ;) ) And yeah the ex saw setup is insane lol

Roko1985

welcome brother!

First of all major props for using Neos B&B, using 111 is so much safer than 114.

Secondly although this is something that we use, any ideas or content for cyrax is welcome. Hope to see more from you and some gameplay aswell! :D
Dude, I love your videos! You kept me using Cyrax. I took a lot of your Tech and changed it a bit to fit my execution and I am having a remarkable success. Can you give me an opinion on 3 of my combos? 1st one: Corner (meterless): grounded starter into net, close bomb, F43 teleport, NJP, Deep NJP Close bomb into HTB. 2d one: Corner: 1 bar after HTB hits: JB1,run 21,114 Ex Saw, B2, Deep NJP, close bomb into HTB again. 3th one Corner meterless: starter into grounded net, Close Bomb, F43, Delayed NJP, Close bomb, F131(into the bomb), walk back D2, run 114 Ex Saw, Deep NJP, close bomb into HTB. These are my BnBs and I wonder what opinion is on these. By my testing the only way out is armor or block correctly. Is that correct? Thanks for your time.

Roko1985

No it doesn't. You have to time b1 to hit perfectly overhead low or as in my setup low overhead (if they actually try and block ;) ) And yeah the ex saw setup is insane lol
I wonder how it is possible to recapture with a net after the bomb hit them?!?! So the bomb have to hit first and then the B1?

hkriderz

I wonder how it is possible to recapture with a net after the bomb hit them?!?! So the bomb have to hit first and then the B1?
Nah the bomb doesn't hit them. The b1 does. THis only works if they try and block the HTB. That's why the net recaptures. Its a low overhead HTB instead of the usual overhead low :p

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Dude, I love your videos! You kept me using Cyrax. I took a lot of your Tech and changed it a bit to fit my execution and I am having a remarkable success. Can you give me an opinion on 3 of my combos? 1st one: Corner (meterless): grounded starter into net, close bomb, F43 teleport, NJP, Deep NJP Close bomb into HTB. 2d one: Corner: 1 bar after HTB hits: JB1,run 21,114 Ex Saw, B2, Deep NJP, close bomb into HTB again. 3th one Corner meterless: starter into grounded net, Close Bomb, F43, Delayed NJP, Close bomb, F131(into the bomb), walk back D2, run 114 Ex Saw, Deep NJP, close bomb into HTB. These are my BnBs and I wonder what opinion is on these. By my testing the only way out is armor or block correctly. Is that correct? Thanks for your time.
The combos I use have been worked on by myself and neospace for quite some time.

There is no issue using whatever works best for the player. The reason we show the combos is because they have the right amount of gravity to stop [jump out] and [delayed wake-up]. If you don't have enough gravity the B3 will either not hit on wake-up or not end with a HTB on delayed wake-up.

This is high-level stuff. Against most opposition you can just do your own thing.

Really happy you're sticking with cyrax!

Roko1985

Nah the bomb doesn't hit them. The b1 does. THis only works if they try and block the HTB. That's why the net recaptures. Its a low overhead HTB instead of the usual overhead low :p
Oh, yeah, I get it. Still the B1 hits after the bomb is blocked.

Roko1985

Actually I am doing similar thing, but I am using B1 Ex Saw to combo even if they don't block the bomb.