What's new

Tech "The DarksydeDash Special." Rate my Superman?

What do you guys think?

• Weirdest!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Craziest!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Stylish!

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Every player is different from another in someway, well here is how I am. You guys are more than welcome to steal my tech; that is why I post it. :p Now I know it is difficult to rate me for two reasons. One, you can't judge me for online cause netcode and all that junk. Two, you haven't me offline. So therefore, please judge based on my personal setups and tech.

Please note: The crossup Superman punch shown can be considered a gimmick but its main purpose is if you think they are going to tech, it chases them down, which keeps them in the corner by putting you on the other side while reversing their wakeup. From here you can apply breath pressure with f23/f2 breath or go for a 50/50 b1 MB breath or IAD j2. You can also go for a divebomb depending on how close you are to the corner.

@TONY-T
@Everlast
@xQUANTUMx
@Cal-EL
@MF SLAYER
@Rayner
@daddydab32ho (yyyeeeaaappp)
@Compbros
@Theonidas
@KDZ
@Kinetic Demise
@EMPEROR_THEO

Last edited:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
weeird. But I like it.. Like a stylish weirdo. Your the guy with a shaved head. But still has some hair to do a comb over. Do you actually do this is a match? Consider me impressed

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
@DarksydeDash those were some pretty unique setups, I've never really seen anyone do alot of the things you have shown in this video. But I do want to point out a couple things and ask a couple questions.

B1 or J2/jump dive bomb isn't really a mix-up. Your opponent can just block low until they see Superman's feet leave the ground, then start blocking high. When fighting somebody with good reactions I don't think you can really use jump attacks as overheads to mix-up with b1.

Also when fighting Superman I noticed as long as you always tech-roll, he can't really use dive bombs to cross you over. If you always tech-roll all of Superman's knockdowns, majority of the time I find that his divebomb will almost never cross up. So what I wanted to ask you is, is there a way you can GUARANTEE a cross-up dive bomb set up? Or is your opponent always able to tech-roll to never allow a divebomb to cross over

DarksydeDash

@DarksydeDash those were some pretty unique setups, I've never really seen anyone do alot of the things you have shown in this video. But I do want to point out a couple things and ask a couple questions.

B1 or J2/jump dive bomb isn't really a mix-up. Your opponent can just block low until they see Superman's feet leave the ground, then start blocking high. When fighting somebody with good reactions I don't think you can really use jump attacks as overheads to mix-up with b1.

Also when fighting Superman I noticed as long as you always tech-roll, he can't really use dive bombs to cross you over. If you always tech-roll all of Superman's knockdowns, majority of the time I find that his divebomb will almost never cross up. So what I wanted to ask you is, is there a way you can GUARANTEE a cross-up dive bomb set up? Or is your opponent always able to tech-roll to never allow a divebomb to cross over
Most of the setups to crossup are now HK. There is no jump forward to cross up, its based on timing specifically during the rising annimation after a knockdown. If you hit it there its a mostly Crossup but can be same side. Canceling b23 into trait completely guarantees this timing which is why KDZ does it in his matches in the Break. The setup I did show first is ambiguous however and is midscreen but requires a stage bounce, another Hard knockdown. Honestly, Its better to go for a standing reset with a s3 canceled into trait or an inescapable heatzap so you can go for a guaranteed throw bait or 50/50. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
You get style points for sure. I'm pretty sure 80% of these setups will not work on someone who is savvy to the superman matchup though. Worth a shot if you think you can catch your opponent napping, but prob more of a "do it once in a best 3/5 tournament set" kind of thing. I wouldn't use these for myself, but my superman is boring so....

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
@DarksydeDashIs there a way you can GUARANTEE a cross-up dive bomb set up? Or is your opponent always able to tech-roll to never allow a divebomb to cross over
F2D13 in the corner guarantees a 50/50

Honestly you can't judge how good somebody is based on the amount of tech they have. Someone could have the craziest tech ever but if they're not fundamentally good then it doesn't really mean much. You can still see how good someone is online, for example, even though I've only played him online I know that Drizzle is one of the best Wonderwoman players out there.

DarksydeDash

F2D13 in the corner guarantees a 50/50

Honestly you can't judge how good somebody is based on the amount of tech they have. Someone could have the craziest tech ever but if they're not fundamentally good then it doesn't really mean much. You can still see how good someone is online, for example, even though I've only played him online I know that Drizzle is one of the best Wonderwoman players out there.
No it will never cross up.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Ok I stand corrected but in my experiences it is mostly same side.
Yea I have a been doing that set up but online for some reason it mostly misses and offline, getting it to cross up is retarded. I have a vid of me doing that set up as well.

HeroesNZ

To get it to crossup/not crossup randomly and not be in the corner consistently, hit the F2D13 high then divebomb either just before the OTG window ends for a crossup, or divebomb any time before that for a non-crossup - unless the gravity scaling is too high in which case you always crossup, or too low in which case you never cross up.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

To get it to crossup/not crossup randomly and not be in the corner consistently, hit the F2D13 high then divebomb either just before the OTG window ends for a crossup, or divebomb any time before that for a non-crossup - unless the gravity scaling is too high in which case you always crossup, or too low in which case you never cross up.
Thats impracital as it causes Supes to cross himself up sometimes.

HeroesNZ

Thats impracital as it causes Supes to cross himself up sometimes.