What's new

Strategy The Cyrax Combo Thread

This forum needs a dedicated combo thread. So start posting Cyrax's BnBs and I will update the first post with them!

well i have got some cool new combos i found after the latest October 2011 patch!! they are all between 50 to 80% some tags aswell almost all of them are brand new! Sorry if they are not HQ!!i used TONYTTT's combos with my own changes in 1 or 2 of the combos! Hope you like them! please rate and let me know your opinions! :)
I'll start with TAGs

Cyrax/Ermac:

Here are some more TAGs

Cyrax/Sektor:

Here is a X-Ray combo that only works with human Cyrax:

More X-Ray combos:

And here are some cool new combos:

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Last Update: 5/31/12

What I use, organized by type.

Basic Combos
njP, B+2, dash, 2, 1, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxcBomb (29%, 8 Hits)
Bomb [explosion], njP, B+2 dash, 2, 1, xxNet, dash, 3, 3, xxRagdoll (34%, 11 Hits)
1, 2, 3, xxBuzzsaw (20%, 4 Hits)
2, 1, xxNet, njP, B+2, dash, 2, 1, dash, 3, xxNet (27%, 10 Hits)
2, 1, xxNet, njP, B+2, dash, 2, 1, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxm.Bomb (32%, 11 Hits)
2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs), xjP, 2, 1, xxSticky Bomb, m.Bomb, *Uppercut, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (57%, 16 Hits - 1 Bar)

Mix-Up Combos
Overhead
B+2, dash, *njP, dash, 2, 1, dash, 3, 3, xxNet, Teleport, dash, 3, 3, xxRagdoll (28%, 12 Hits)

Specialty Combos
[Air-to-Air] jP, dash, 1, xxNet, Teleport, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxm.Bomb (18%, 8 Hits)
[Anti-Air] 1, dash, 1, dash, 3, 3, xxNet, dash, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxm.Bomb (25%, 10 Hits) [Tele Punish]
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, uppercut, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (47%, 11 Hits)
[Corner] 1, 2, 1, xxNet, dash back, B+2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, xxBuzzsaw (35%, 12 Hits)
[Corner] 2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs), xjP, 1, 2, 1, xxSticky Bomb, c.Bomb, 2, 2, njK, 3, 3, xxBuzzsaw (45%, 16 Hits - 1 Bar)
[Corner] c.Bomb, 3, 3, 4, jK (back), dash, 1, 2, 1 xxNet, B+2, 3, 3, xxBuzzsaw (40%, 14 Hits)
Low
[Cornered] EN Reverse Kick, D+1, xxRagdoll (22%, 5 Hits - 1 Bar)

Reset
2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs) xjP, 2, 1, xxSticky Bomb, (dash xx) m.Bomb, 1, 2, 3, xxc.Bomb, Net (reset), njP, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (37%, 12 Hits ; 35%, 9 hits) [Total 72%, 21 Hits]
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, 2, 1, xxc.Bomb, step back, Net (reset), njP, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (19%, 7 Hits ; 35%, 9 Hits) [Total 54%, 16 Hits - 1 Bar]
[Unbreakable] Net, Sticky Bomb, xxc.Bomb, xxNet (reset), dash back, Buzzsaw (7%, 5 Hits ; 17%, 2 Hits – 1 Bar) [Total: 22%, 7 Hits]
[Corner] 2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs), xjP, 1, 2, 1, xxEN Bomb, c.Bomb, 3, xxNet (reset), njP, B+2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, xxNet, 3, 3, xxNet (31%, 11 Hits ; 36%, 13 Hits) [Total: 67%, 24 Hits - 1 Bar)

I'm sure there are better versions and I didn't even come up with all of them on my own. These are just the combos I actually use.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I just got an idea. Using TONY-T's new reset for Robo Cyrax:
21~net, JIP 21~ex bomb, b2, far bomb, 121, close bomb, net...
I want to replace the highlighted part with medium bomb, 21, close bomb, net... or something similar.

I don't have the game right now, so is this combo possible? If so, I don't think the opponent can break 21 because they will get relaunched by the medium bomb.

Ive just started learning Cyrax so every 2 hours I find out a better combo to use than before, so I may be updating this post pretty much.

Ive tried the combo with the ex.bomb, b2, f.bomb, 121, but i cant manage to hit 121 after throwing the bomb right now, I need more practice ( I can do it in the corner, I must be missing a dash or something, I need to see a video of it). So I changed the combo a bit to make it easier:

jip, 21net, jip, 21ex.bomb, f.bomb, 123 c.bomb, net (after f.bomb explodes, b4 the c.bomb explodes), njp, b2, 21net, jik d2. Does 75%. If you do the command throw instead the jik d2 it will to do 79%.

At the corner this is what im doing:

jip 21net, jip 121 ex.bomb, c.bomb, 2net, njp, b2, 2, 121net, jik d2 (73%). If you change the jik d2 by a command throw it will to do 80%.

pretty dead forum, this one :/

Anyone can to suggest me a good combo do to after I hit 1, 12 net on an airborne opponent? Actually im doing b2, 121 f.bomb but there must be something better to do.

Seapeople

This one's for you
pretty dead forum, this one :/

Anyone can to suggest me a good combo do to after I hit 1, 12 net on an airborne opponent? Actually im doing b2, 121 f.bomb but there must be something better to do.
You can let them fall and go for the command grab mixup, use the anti air reset, or use the meterless reset. The opponent can armor out of the meterless reset or poke you out if your timing is off.

1 bar reset:
1, 1, 33~net, teleport, ex bomb, far bomb, 121~close bomb, net, NJP, b2, 21~net, 33~ragdoll = 65% (I think)
Meterless reset:
1, 1, 33~net, teleport, bb4, (22), NJP, b2, 21~net, 33~ragdoll = 48% (I think)

Sorry I don't remember the exact damage, but you get the idea lol. Hope this helped.

What are Human Cyrax's Combos? I think he is better than RoboRax for my own reasons. What is his BNB reset combo and what are his regular combos that add bomb pressure at the end?

Reset
2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs) xjP, 2, 1, xxSticky Bomb, (dash xx) m.Bomb, 1, 2, 3, xxc.Bomb, Net (reset), njP, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (37%, 12 Hits ; 35%, 9 hits) [Total 72%, 21 Hits]

I'm sure there are better versions and I didn't even come up with all of them on my own. These are just the combos I actually use.
I'm having trouble doing this :\ The close bomb won't come out after I do m.bomb 1,2,3. Any advice on the timing?

NariTuba

disMember
I'm having trouble doing this :\ The close bomb won't come out after I do m.bomb 1,2,3. Any advice on the timing?
make sure you dash before the 123 and you cancel the dash with it. You should move almost a full dash forward before hitting with the 1.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
c.Bomb, njP, dash, 2, 1, xxNet, dash, 3, 3, xxRagdoll (34%, 11 Hits)

2, 1, xxNet, Anti-Air (whiffs), xjP, 2, 1, xxSticky Bomb, m.Bomb, *Uppercut, B+2, dash, 1, 2, 1, xxRagdoll (56%, 16 Hits - 1 Bar)
You're missing a B+2 in the first one after the njP and I think the other one is 57%

Seapeople

This one's for you
New personal Bread & Butter.
Jip 21 net, jip f2 ex bomb, *slight walk forward*, b2 (second hit only), far bomb, 121 close bomb, net *reset* = 46% before the reset

Or if you really need an easier reset...
Jip 21 net, jip f2 ex bomb, medium bomb, 2 net *reset* = 27% before the reset.
^This combo isn't worth doing because the damage is lackluster. Imo you should just learn the first combo in order to incorporate f2.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I wanna say NJP, B2, 2 1 EX Bomb, 1 2 1 (Ragdoll + Throw) or (Mid Bomb to continue pressure.) I usually just do 2 EX Bomb to avoid dropping, but that's my inconsistent behind.
Deadly Torcher

Depends on how opposed you are to resets ... ^_^

Try:
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, 21xxc.Bomb, step back, Net [Reset], njP, B2, dash, 121xxRagdoll [29%+35% = 54% Total]
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, Uppercut, B2, dash, 121xxRagdoll [47%] <- Basically, the same combo Mustard mentioned.

Note that for the reset you need to be at the right distance when you start the combo - About one step inside sweep.

Also, NariTuba: You may want these for the community guide as well as this situation comes up a lot.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Deadly Torcher

Depends on how opposed you are to resets ... ^_^

Try:
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, 21xxc.Bomb, step back, Net [Reset], njP, B2, dash, 121xxRagdoll [29%+35% = 54% Total]
[Anti-Air] Net, EN Bomb, m.Bomb, Uppercut, B2, dash, 121xxRagdoll [47%] <- Basically, the same combo Mustard mentioned.

Note that for the reset you need to be at the right distance when you start the combo - About one step inside sweep.

Also, NariTuba: You may want these for the community guide as well as this situation comes up a lot.
Spot on mate, I have no problem with resets so cheers mate.