What's new

Video/Tutorial - Flame Fists The current state of FF Liu Kang. Flame Fist Liu Kang underated?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
  • "Liu kang (Flame Fists) - Removed a gap before the last hit for Windmill Flurry and reduced its cancel advantage by 4"

The patch notes mentioned this, didn't mention DB2 hitbox but i'm pretty sure they said about it on the balance patch stream.

EDIT: Yep MB looking at older notes. RIP me.

Last edited:
  • "Liu kang (Flame Fists) - Removed a gap before the last hit for Windmill Flurry and reduced its cancel advantage by 4"

The patch notes mentioned this, didn't mention DB2 hitbox but i'm pretty sure they said about it on the balance patch stream.
FALSE.. that was in the last MKX patch, NOT MKXL and you could still crouch block to force several hits to miss as well as still get a GUARANTEED armor launcher. That had nothing to do with all the punches connecting thus changing the normal WMP. You could also crouch block causing hits to whiff and armor through the last hit of the ex WMP. You can no longer do this.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Not really an undocumented 'stealth' buff, it came with the change to crouching hurt boxes not being so small anymore so the hits don't whiff. If you look closer at the part you were testing on reptile, you'll see the EX windmill punch was actually whiffing every other hit like it always did. The reason the EX db2 wasn't whiffing on the EX slide trade was because its hitbox has been slightly improved I believe. The gap before the last hit in EX windmill punch was actually removed long ago in a previous patch, and if it still had a gap versus some crouching characters, then that was removed from the change to crouch blocking hurtboxes. And I don't think it's a big deal that he can spend 2 bars to make a safe blockstring lol, he can't even do it while he already has his Shaolin flame out.

Last edited:

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
FALSE.. that was in the last MKX patch, NOT MKXL and you could still crouch block to force several hits to miss as well as still get a GUARANTEED armor launcher. That had nothing to do with all the punches connecting thus changing the normal WMP. You could also crouch block causing hits to whiff and armor through the last hit of the ex WMP. You can no longer do this.
Yeah Yeah you're correct i'm looking at the wrong stuff here, it's late my bad indeed.

Not really an undocumented 'stealth' buff, it came with the change to crouching hurt boxes not being so small anymore so the hits don't whiff. If you look closer at the part you were testing on reptile, you'll see the EX windmill punch was actually whiffing every other hit like it always did. The reason the EX db2 wasn't whiffing on the EX slide trade was because its hitbox has been slightly improved I believe. The gap before the last hit in EX windmill punch was actually removed long ago in a previous patch, and if it still had a gap versus some crouching characters, then that was removed from the change no crouch blocking hurtboxes. And I don't think it's a big deal that he can spend 2 bars to make a safe blockstring lol, he can't even do it while he already has his Shaolin flame out.
false... The gap could still be armored through by several characters. Not the case any more.

and this is a big deal because previously many characters got a guaranteed armor launch on Liu Kang WMP/ex WMP no matter what he did.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
In the end though i'm glad it all works properly.
I've been playing so much CSZ I didn't think to lab with FF thinking nothing really got changed.
I feel like all I knew about was his DB2 hitbox improving.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
again false... The gap could still be armored through by several characters. Not the case any more.
Just edited my post to address that, the reason it had a gap on some crouch blockers was because the second to last hit would whiff, creating a gap, and now that crouching hurtboxes have been improved that gap is gone for everyone. It wasn't intended to be there in the first place.

Just edited my post to address that, the reason it had a gap on some crouch blockers was because the second to last hit would whiff, creating a gap, and now that crouching hurtboxes have been improved that gap is gone for everyone. It wasn't intended to be there in the first place.
im not saying that is wasnt intended, im saying that the change causes a pretty significant buff to FF Kang. Even if it wasnt a direct buff, it is still a buff.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Someone should test if regular windmill punch still has a random gap right in the middle of it ONLY against a crouch blocking jax. That shit was hilarious.

kaseyk

Noob
Exwp-sf-exwp beat reptile or lao armor since previous patch and gap on last hit of exwp was removed then aswell but it used to build almost a bar back basically 2 exwp for 1 1/5 bar and do more damage on chip .
There were options to escape though like back jump but was still same guessing game .
exwp-sf-exwp still beats all sz reversal options though.
Strange change i think might just be me being forgetful but exwp-sf-dr and exwp-sf-exdr switch sides with sz when he reversal ex slide .

Good find on the improved block adv of exwp but loss of chip and meter build think it was better before because cancel adv still seems the same and as before it will always get cancelled into something .
maybe they changed it because he wont have meter as much now .