What's new

The Complete MKDA Guide

ill be posting mkda combos in a few weeks, just got my wii.

also mka wii: updates on glitches, khameleon combos, etc.

RoGE

Noob
^awesome man, can't wait to see them, try to mess with the wake-ups you can do at any time, I don't know if there is any actual differences other than that, did they actually do some fixes on the gameplay like Boon said?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
ChecK said:
ill be posting mkda combos in a few weeks, just got my wii.

also mka wii: updates on glitches, khameleon combos, etc.
Also, the one thing nobody talks about dude that I noticed when I played the MKA wii version is the wake up on the ground.

Not the one where after you get knocked down, a new one just added only in the wii version you can lay flat on the ground and avoid say Sareena projectile happy players or someone that loves turtling and throwing projectiles. 8)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Iori9 said:
Aren't you completely invincible when your in wakeup mode?

Are you talking about the wii version or the regular wake up after knock down? The wii one I'm assuming it's the same way as the knock down one where you won't get hit with highs or projectiles but are vulnerable(you can get hit) with low hits, sweeps etc.

ok, back on the guide. i added a few terms to the game basics and added some things to brc. i will be completing reptile the evening, sorry for the delay.

RoGE

Noob
ok, back on the guide. i added a few terms to the game basics and added some things to brc. i will be completing reptile the evening, sorry for the delay.
Awesome, its good to see you back, I think you should also make a counte/strategy guide for the top 3 characters, kind of like Kabal for the umk3 guide.

Can't wait for Sub-Zero's guide :)

RoGE

Noob
Great job! Good to see you doing this for everyone.

Tom,I believe you said you were going to put videos up, showing how this game is played at high level, that would benefit people who learn visually, are you going to do this or did you change your mind?

i edited a small part of reptile, added the rank number next to the names, edit scorp's opening statement, and added drahmin. i just want to say this before someone gets the wrong idea and thinks "omg, drahmin's infinite and mkda r broken" ....

drahmins infinite doesnt do that much damage unless its powered up and to land a power up set up then an infinite requires 2 guesses that will get him killed if hes wrong on either guess. with the non powered up infinite its not a whole lot of damage gone and unless hes up he has to reset the infinite which is not easy seeing has how after the final rotation the pound timer hasnt reset so all he has is b3 and throw and b3 wont go into infinite but its still mega unsafe on block.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Drahmin...
if they try to block the b3 then throw them for a power up throw into infinite. if they eat one b3 then remember that as you come in for a b3/throw mix up...
I think you forgot that throws are blockable in MKDA ^_^

What do you do if they just stand there blocking? (not the getup guessing game) If the only low move that Drahmin uses is b3 or pound then can't they just jump back anytime they see Drahmin twitch?

I'm not questioning your guide, just curious.

I think you forgot that throws are blockable in MKDA ^_^

What do you do if they just stand there blocking? (not the getup guessing game) If the only low move that Drahmin uses is b3 or pound then can't they just jump back anytime they see Drahmin twitch?

I'm not questioning your guide, just curious.
throws are blockable but not low blockable just standing block. throws hit mid so they act like mids too.

after b3 hits you cant jump out of the next b3 when drahmin comes in if he does it fast enough. the opponent must commit to a block and when they do the pound becomes a surprise option if its active.

sonya added.

a side note here, i put that tkd b4 can only be punished by fast jabbers but it may actually be safe or unsafe vs everyone. i havent done it in a while so i'll test it tomorrow and edit if needed.

RoGE

Noob
sonya added.

a side note here, i put that tkd b4 can only be punished by fast jabbers but it may actually be safe or unsafe vs everyone. i havent done it in a while so i'll test it tomorrow and edit if needed.
Sounds interesting. So you are going by order I see, you think a counter-pick rating chart would help any?

well as far as counter picks go any character that cannot cross the puke, punish life up, and punish 3,2 loses to brc. sonya is 1 of those characters lol. she has almost no chance of beating a top brc.

added 1 symbol to the move key, 1 new term in the basics section, and a small edit to sonya but still havent tested the nitro kicks.

shang today....

RoGE

Noob
dang dude, your on a roll, keep it up :D

How long does "Guard All" work? Or does it block a full branch?

And does Drahmins infinite still matter if you just turn the timer off? Thats what I do when playing.

Shang Tsung added.

edited the move key and basics section.

dang dude, your on a roll, keep it up :D

How long does "Guard All" work? Or does it block a full branch?

And does Drahmins infinite still matter if you just turn the timer off? Thats what I do when playing.

guard all grants a small window where you can block all mids and lows at the same time but it only works if the mid is a slower attack.

if time is off then drahmin's infinite obviously doesnt matter for time out reasons but you still have to reset after it stops taking damage or the round lasts forever.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
throws are blockable but not low blockable just standing block. throws hit mid so they act like mids too.

after b3 hits you cant jump out of the next b3 when drahmin comes in if he does it fast enough. the opponent must commit to a block and when they do the pound becomes a surprise option if its active.
Thanks for clarifying.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Very nice guides. I'm glad you're doing this again. I really want to play this again, I forgot how fun Shang is to play.

started hso hao, edited sonya... added her nitro kick corner trap. i cant believe i forgot about that.

any questions so far?