What's new

Guide - Stunt Double The Complete JC Stunt Double Guide 10-5-15

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Great guide, if i was to add anything its got to be the clone activations in combos. You can combo after b3,4 and f3 into mimics with your clone shadow kick. In midscreen its not too great damage but its a nice corner carry and not horrible if you do it on block, but the real dirt is in the corner where you can combo off the kick. Something like (no clones): f3~db4~bf4, d1, 12, 12, 12, 12, 113~Nut is a good way to get your clones up mid combo and still end in nutpunch.
Didnt see it mentioned either but you can end combo with b2~db4 midscreen or corner and is a good way to set up clones and get good meaty pressure.
Also where you note the damage % difference in 1 or 2 clone combos, you do actually get more off the single clone meterless into a chip string, BUT you miss out on huge huge corner carry.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Good guide so far

You say F244 is not as safe as F24, but don't believe the frame it is also -5 no char in the game can punish it

I'll comment more as I read through

B2 has another use when in the corner finish with B2 mimic cancel and do Ex Rising Shadow and time the sweep is a full combo hard to blockable

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Good guide so far

You say F244 is not as safe as F24, but don't believe the frame it is also -5 no char in the game can punish it

B2 has another use when in the corner finish with B2 mimic cancel and do Ex Rising Shadow and time the sweep is a full combo hard to blockable
f244 is -6 and f24 is -5

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah it has a little bit of pushback but the real kicker is that the opponent really doesn't expect f244, so damn afraid of cage's f2 (and you should be afraid lol)
I try to actually train them to only see F24 on block.They think they can poke, then you can add on EXMRS later and combo from it. If they block, you still got pressure.

IrishMantis

Yeah it has a little bit of pushback but the real kicker is that the opponent really doesn't expect f244, so damn afraid of cage's f2 (and you should be afraid lol)
But the people who know the match up can tell the stagger but can still be a good tool

IrishMantis

No I find it that those who know the match up know that once that f244 comes its their turn to hit buttons.
Same with F24

I play @1man3letters so much that cunt can tell if I stagger or don't so if I just do F24 he presses buttons if I do F244 he always blocks

Most of the time I make sure I have Mimics active when I do the OH I don't want to lose that pressure

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Same with F24

I play @1man3letters so much that cunt can tell if I stagger or don't so if I just do F24 he presses buttons if I do F244 he always blocks

Most of the time I make sure I have Mimics active when I do the OH I don't want to lose that pressure
Not entirely true, because after f24 you can use a special, unlike f244 which is a definite "johnny's turn is done"

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Same with F24

its not even a case of seeing if your doing it or not. theres a space where i can let go off block, try poke and hold block again and block the ender if it did come. but yea with mimics active it a different story

Not entirely true, because after f24 you can use a special, unlike f244 which is a definite "johnny's turn is done"
sure the string is only -6 which pushback, there are only a hand of chars that can stop you armor move or even a backdash, its not like hes out of options and is full oon forced to block.

iamtheLoBo

Likes throwing fans
Good guide so far

b2 mimic cancel into rising shadow meaty d4 also beats some armored wakeups if you time the d4 to hit at the same time as the overhead.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I've been playing a lot of Stunt Double recently, but I'm still pretty new to him overall. I have learned a couple things with him though that I didn't see touched on here.

1. i've begun to notice is people are catching onto 4/F3xxMimicxxMimic Kick as a starter after nut punch and armor through it, forcing to me eat a full combo. So to fix this (at least in the corner) is ending in 121. It has an insane knockdown recovery, so much so that you can raw Mimic and you're still plus. So you do your regular corner BnB but then end in 121, mimic, wait for wakeup, restart pressure with 2x mimic. I always end in nut punch if I want chip, but this seems like the best way for me to open up my opponent again and guarantee the corner pressure.

2. I've also learned that if you use mimics in your combo, you can end in 12(x6)xxNut Punch EX, 121 and be able to re-mimic because it takes long enough for your cooldown to reset
example: [1 mimc] (starter)xxDB1, NJP, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12xxNut Punch EX, 121.
Its not optimized damage but I value having 2 mimics out A LOT in the corner.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Fantastic guide. Any tips for landing 1,2 juggles or getting mimic SK to come out directly after mimic? Sometimes I get it. Other times I don't.
Thank you very much. Been considering a similar Reptile guide.

I've been playing a lot of Stunt Double recently, but I'm still pretty new to him overall. I have learned a couple things with him though that I didn't see touched on here.

1. i've begun to notice is people are catching onto 4/F3xxMimicxxMimic Kick as a starter after nut punch and armor through it, forcing to me eat a full combo. So to fix this (at least in the corner) is ending in 121. It has an insane knockdown recovery, so much so that you can raw Mimic and you're still plus. So you do your regular corner BnB but then end in 121, mimic, wait for wakeup, restart pressure with 2x mimic. I always end in nut punch if I want chip, but this seems like the best way for me to open up my opponent again and guarantee the corner pressure.

2. I've also learned that if you use mimics in your combo, you can end in 12(x6)xxNut Punch EX, 121 and be able to re-mimic because it takes long enough for your cooldown to reset
example: [1 mimc] (starter)xxDB1, NJP, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12xxNut Punch EX, 121.
Its not optimized damage but I value having 2 mimics out A LOT in the corner.
If you are against someone who has an armored launcher you can do 4-mimic-into ex mimic rising shadow. It's especially cool when you have the meter advantage because they wasted a bar and got hit with more damage in the trade.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
I've been coming back to this guide quite a lot so i'm gonna take an extra minute this time and thank you for this all the work you put into this. Great work man.