Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
-This thread was merged from an existing thread and GuamoKun changed the title-

aren't I a card?

Images taken during the Igromir Game Exhibition in Russia from about a month ago showcase Nightwing's move list inventory. Thanks to Mr. Riddler for sending these to us, we can now see some of Nightwing's attacks for both his Escrima fighting style where he fights with two sticks. The other fighting style labeled as 'Staff' shows a few less attacks, however it appears the advantage of the staff are the 'air attacks.

nwcombo1.jpgnwcombo2.jpg

Credit: Mr.Riddler

Attachments

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Caps of the Combo Moves and Special Moves for characters would also be greatly appreciated. that way we can see what kind of strings were working with

Nightwing has a ducking light, medium and heavy? In the comic-con videos Catwoman has a move that looks like a dodge move. I really starting to think that projectiles won't trade in the final build and instead characters will have moves that dodge projectiles and other moves.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Thats a lot of command normals, but I guess since theres only three attack buttons there would have to be.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Jumping staff and standing staff look to be deliciously frustrating just like Billy Kane. I wonder if standing staff has a hitbox low enough to snag The Flash. Probably doesn't, but its fun to dream. Still he's got a great approach vs Superman considering jumping staff looks to keep him far enough out that Superman can't go for his AA grabs without eating stick. Should also mess with air dashes from long range too though that might force Superman to use laser vision and Nightwing doesn't want that.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Dick Grayson looks to be like a solid character now that he is able to switch stances mid-combo.

His staff stance gives his normals more reach at the expense of mobility.

....and this is going to help his pressure game SO MUCH.

In KoF, characters have access to different jump arcs which help the pressure game by adding in more guesses and forcing opponents to react with punishable moves that have invincibility to punish it, however they can be read, leading to more damage and creating a scary guessing game.

Since Nightwing will have different jump arcs, and unique air normals, and the ability to switch stances mid combo, he will have access to pseudo KoF style options, watch BALA play Billy Kane and you'll see what I mean.

Will he go into a jumping normal into combo?

Empty jump into throw? into tick throw? into pressure?

Jump in, back up and whiff punish a poke?

I hope my speculation is right.

I hope Dick Grayson will be good in this game. No one will be able to withstand an offense from an aggressive Dick!

This isn't even considering Nightwing's zoning abilities with his air projectile and ground traveling projectile....so we just need to watch out for videos of Dick throwing stuff out.

....yes the possibilities to make jokes are endless.

Please share your thoughts about Dick.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o663/GuamoKun/demjokes_zpsdf4af5ed.jpg[/spoiler]

GuamoKun

For some reason, they remind me a bit of UMK3 Jade....
probably just the staff.
He has similar movements, but thats about all I think. From some videos and testimony from Injustice at NYCC, Dick can charge and cancel his projectile.

He seems to be a character that has a lot of options and tools at any range but will excell in the footsies game because of his ranged normals, sort of like Kitana I hope.

His only drawback I think would be that he would be meter dependent for stance switching stuff, and that he is a jack of all trades but won't be the best at anything specific...but I hope they give him the best mobility.

Its very interesting to think about Dick and all that you can do with him, I hope he becomes a good character that people don't whine about.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
One problem I noticed while I was playing with Dick at NYCC -

When in a spot on the stage with something above your head, like the hanging car that you can interact with, jumping is limited and his air projectile won't even come out. So he's basically forced to interact with it or not do any air stuff.

GuamoKun

One problem I noticed while I was playing with Dick at NYCC -

When in a spot on the stage with something above your head, like the hanging car that you can interact with, jumping is limited and his air projectile won't even come out. So he's basically forced to interact with it or not do any air stuff.
So Dick would rather move around than shoot stuff out...hmmm...

He might end up being a character that uses the stage props a lot, IIRC he doesn't damage them but jumps off them to escape.

This kinda forces you to adopt a strategy when playing, defensive around stage gimmicks, and offensive without them?

I'd expect the reverse from other characters since they would use the stage ass offensive tools but considering what you say, Dick would have to be forced to go on the offensive when the stage interactions are destroyed since he would lack some run away tools.

GuamoKun

Just saying, I will be the best Nightwing in the world when this game comes out. GuamoKun, you'll be the 2nd best.
;_;

Then why haven't you dedicated yourself to Dick? I haven't even touched Dick yet but I know how he handles ;_; I'm destined to be the best Dick.

You can be 5th best

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Dick Grayson looks to be like a solid character now that he is able to switch stances mid-combo.

His staff stance gives his normals more reach at the expense of mobility.

....and this is going to help his pressure game SO MUCH.

In KoF, characters have access to different jump arcs which help the pressure game by adding in more guesses and forcing opponents to react with punishable moves that have invincibility to punish it, however they can be read, leading to more damage and creating a scary guessing game.

Since Nightwing will have different jump arcs, and unique air normals, and the ability to switch stances mid combo, he will have access to pseudo KoF style options, watch BALA play Billy Kane and you'll see what I mean.

Will he go into a jumping normal into combo?

Empty jump into throw? into tick throw? into pressure?

Jump in, back up and whiff punish a poke?

I hope my speculation is right.

I hope Dick Grayson will be good in this game. No one will be able to withstand an offense from an aggressive Dick!

This isn't even considering Nightwing's zoning abilities with his air projectile and ground traveling projectile....so we just need to watch out for videos of Dick throwing stuff out.

....yes the possibilities to make jokes are endless.
Man, you read my mind, different combat postures and short jumps kof style called me enough attention, I must say that since appearing nightwing trailer so far there is another character that convinces me both injustice. I played many years kof 2002 and I must say the resemblance to a character in KOF is pretty, short jumps and Long Range with baton like billy kane.

From what I've seen, each fight positions give different properties to their dash and jumps, some faster than others, I hope that none of them clear the blockage. I trust that Nightwing it will be a good character

GuamoKun

I was thinking, if meter building is like in MK, and Nightwing has a LOT of multihitting strings from what I've seen, and if you could switch stances mid combo, this makes it like to Skarlet's f2 string meterbuilding ex dagger thing.

I can't stop thinking about how good Dick is going to be.

.....oh God these jokes are too much.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm guessing that zoning will be problematic for him, and that when he gets in he's gonna have to keep his opponent in check with his air projectile and that staff. Just spit ballin' ...

GuamoKun

I'm guessing that zoning will be problematic for him, and that when he gets in he's gonna have to keep his opponent in check with his air projectile and that staff. Just spit ballin' ...
I think as long as the stage has hazards he can use them to get around stuff and I think he has a move where he like jumps not too sure

Status
Not open for further replies.