What's new

Strategy The best stage for Black Adam

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I feel like a lot of you didn't read the OP. It seems like you skimmed it, basically said "cool story bro" and came in w/your own opinion. I think Qwark28 gave pretty good reasons as to why this is the best stage for BA. Obviously we all know metropolis rooftop robots are good, this is common sense people;)

FrothyOmen 's writeup was pretty good, I didn't know all that

Idk if I agree atlantis is best considering I barely play on it lol, ESPECIALLY not with that strategy in mind. But I thought I'd give my really brief thoughts on why fortress of solitude is broken in BA's favor lol

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Atlantis is the stage I always pick no matter what character I choose. So I have played this stage alot with Black Adam, I do feel like he does pretty well on this stage. But actually, I think his best stage is Metropolis Rooftop just because his mobility is so good and he will most likely get the flying interactables before anyone else

OK so, interactable question for everyone.

On Arkham Asylum (TV part, left corner slab) and the Hall of Justice (outside, right corner robot) Black Adam interacts with the interactables with an unblockable, (i assume) untechable grab dealing 20% damage that puts the opponent in the corner. It is a true high with no usable AA hitbox whatsoever (if it even exists ;_; ) and is duckable. However, it's FAST AS FUCK. The priority on it seems relatively good, too. Does anyone know more about the frame data and priority of this particular interactable? I am too slee Qwark28 Killin Natzees Vulcan Hades

Also on that note, with the general stage interactable background bounces (i.e. center of atlantis)... does anyone know what the background bounce attack itself is on block? Like, if I were to do 11~wall bounce and YOLO it out there, anyone know how negative you are on block?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
OK so, interactable question for everyone.

On Arkham Asylum (TV part, left corner slab) and the Hall of Justice (outside, right corner robot) Black Adam interacts with the interactables with an unblockable, (i assume) untechable grab dealing 20% damage that puts the opponent in the corner. It is a true high with no usable AA hitbox whatsoever (if it even exists ;_; ) and is duckable. However, it's FAST AS FUCK. The priority on it seems relatively good, too. Does anyone know more about the frame data and priority of this particular interactable? I am too slee Qwark28 Killin Natzees Vulcan Hades

Also on that note, with the general stage interactable background bounces (i.e. center of atlantis)... does anyone know what the background bounce attack itself is on block? Like, if I were to do 11~wall bounce and YOLO it out there, anyone know how negative you are on block?
What grab?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I think arkham asylum and rooftop will always be the best for power characters. Lots of things to throw.

That being said I know of some VERY dirty stuff with superman on Atlantis so I imagine Black Adam benefits similarly. I love that most gadget users are flocking to Atlantis by default.

After Evo everyone will be complaining that superman in trait throws 30% interactables on certain stages 8)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Arkham Asylum is the best stage no doubt. The start position TV's are both easily accessable and punishable on reaction by black adam, you can b23~interactable to get a safe/guaranteed interactable throw, not really for the damage but just to get them out of the way. Also like FrothyOmen said, the corner slab grab is godlike.

If you corner someone on that side then you have the flower/divekick mixup every time you jump back, aswell as having the interactable throw to run frame traps off, its brutal.

Not sure about the command throw Interactables. What do you want to know exactly. Priority over what?

The BG bounce attack is exactly -9 on block.

11 xx INT is a true blockstring.

22 xx INT has a gap but the bounce attack is a high and can easily be high crushed with any crouch attack.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Play on Metropolis Rooftop, throw robots. GG
Exactly my post. Against gadget characters every MU is 10-0 on Metropolis Rooftop. Stop over-analyzing everyone and use this broken ass stage...

Metropolis Rooftop is beyond broken because the robots are impossible to avoid midscreen without teleport, double jump or air dash (confirmed).

It's just a matter of time before they nerf that scrubby stage so I wouldn't rely on it to win. It's better to practice matchups in stages that don't favor our character imo. Because otherwise you can't know if you're playing better or improving.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Black adam is good on any stage though to be fair, 40%+ meterless, with his insane dash he can f3 MB cancel through anything and get huge damage punishes.

Once this game fleshes out a bit and people start to implement some more technical shit, Black Adam's more of a machine than people even know.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Since fortress of solitude and rooftop are fixed, this is your go-to stage.

And don't give me any bullshit on other stages with shit to throw, BA can both throw shit in atlantis and use his divekick to easily punish ANY interactable MUCH easier than any other character in any other stage. There is no reason why you should ever pick another stage.