What's new

The best Kabals got taken down once again...

Icebaby

Ice Queen
So anyone who has been viewing the VXG tournament today saw that Kabal got beat at yet another huge tournament. Can we all stop with this silly ban talk on how the game is run by nothing but Kabal at the highest level? These players were playing the game at the highest level... Same thing with EVO. Kabal is beatable and how many times must this be proven? Kabal is just another top tier character in this game.

CDjrs Kabal (the guy who got 2nd at EVO) was sent to losers before top 8.

Perfect Legend's (The guy who said Kabal needs to be banned) Kabal got beat by Chris G's Reptile and Chris G doesn't even practice the game.

CURBOLICOUS (one of the best Kabals right now) lost to GGA Dizzy's Johnny Cage in what is considered a 8-2 match-up.

I will say there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a Kabal player lose at highest levels. I think it brings in more hype than any other matches. So let's all be positive about issues concerning Kabal and realize that he has been BEATABLE for the past 2 1/2 years... Why was the ban ever been brought up? :p

kabal beats all other characters, reo is in a tier above all other chars, curbo seemed a bit out of it... reo fucked up at evo and came in 2nd, if we had had a larger competitive community and more people invested time and took it super seriously and lots of money on the line kabal would be everything because he is excessively better than all other characters and has no even matchups

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Can we stop with the Kabal threads overall?
I think this forum needs a positive thread on Kabal for once. :p

Icebaby ever think that kabal players are not playing up to potential?
I think Kabal players are playing to their characters potential. I mean they IAFB like mad men, NDC every normal Kabal has and much more...

You know who is most likely not playing to their characters potential? A lot of the rest of the cast. DJT proved at EVO how Cyrax is supposed to be played in zoning matches. Pure patience... He literally invented that style and no one thought of it until 2 years after the game. Players are now starting to take note and step it up.

Dizzy's Cage is another good example. Did you see him play against Curbo? Patience is a virtue...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think this forum needs a positive thread on Kabal for once. :p

I think Kabal players are playing to their characters potential. I mean they IAFB like mad men, NDC every normal Kabal has and much more...

You know who is most likely not playing to their characters potential? A lot of the rest of the cast. DJT proved at EVO how Cyrax is supposed to be played in zoning matches. Pure patience... He literally invented that style and no one thought of it until 2 years after the game. Players are now starting to take note and step it up.

Dizzy's Cage is another good example. Did you see him play against Curbo? Patience is a virtue...
Just because they are playing well executionally, doesn't mean they are playing intelligently.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Just because they are playing well executionally, doesn't mean they are playing intelligently.
But Kabal has the most pros and players using him. Are you telling me that ALL the players who play Kabal don't know how to use him right? Including the two time EVO champ? I find that hard to believe...

You can make that case for other characters with low representative like Kenshi, Freddy, Sonya, etc. but not Kabal...

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
But Kabal has the most pros and players using him. Are you telling me that ALL the players who play Kabal don't know how to use him right? Including the two time EVO champ? I find that hard to believe...

You can make that case for other characters with low representative like Kenshi, Freddy, Sonya, etc. but not Kabal...
This.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

I am saying that kabal players just happen to be being outplayed. Their opponents are making great reads over and over again to beat them. Not that they don't know how to use their character.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I want to clarify that i am just arguing for the sake of arguing. Honestly I don't care either way if he is banned, I will play either way.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I am saying that kabal players just happen to be being outplayed. Their opponents are making great reads over and over again to beat them. Not that they don't know how to use their character.
So whats the problem then? Why would you ban a character that can be beaten by outplaying the opponent. All games have a best character. At least in MK9 he requires good execution.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
And what about when the Kabal players are actually outplaying the opponent? Do they even have that right? Is it possible for someone using Kabal to make great reads, or *gasp* be a phenomenal player behind the character?

All of these arguments for banning Kabal seem so subjective and adjacent...

And what about when the Kabal players are actually outplaying the opponent? Do they even have that right? Is it possible for someone using Kabal to make great reads, or *gasp* be a phenomenal player behind the character?

the downside of playing kabal is you are expected to win

kabal players are more likely to make errors because of the execution he requires

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

I don't think anyone is denying that reo, curbo, pl, etc are amazing players. No one said that. (except DJ El Toro lol). IT is about the tools the characters have, not the players.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So whats the problem then? Why would you ban a character that can be beaten by outplaying the opponent. All games have a best character. At least in MK9 he requires good execution.
Because you do have to outplay him at a pretty extreme level in a lot of cases. Like I said, I am neutral in the ban debate, I just am against players saying that kabal isnt that bad instead of giving players that beat him credit.

And 1 thing
REO
Why everytime he lose u guys say he didn't focus that much and he's the best player with the best char
Ffs he lost in evo 2011 evo 2012 evo 2013
And if kabal is the best char
Why the fuck he didn't won a 1 damn evo tourney ?
Johnny cage vs kabal 2-8johnny won
Kung lao vs kabal 4-6 kung lao won
Cyrax vs kabal 4-6 cyrax won ??
Kabal is not like superman
He is beatable

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

Icebaby

Ice Queen
I don't think anyone is denying that reo, curbo, pl, etc are amazing players. No one said that. (except DJ El Toro lol). IT is about the tools the characters have, not the players.
I know Kabal has many tools and I'm not denying that. BUT if I were to choose a character for myself to go to tourneys and compete in hopes of winning, I'd go Cyrax... Why? 90%+ one bar combos is something that will buy my love for a character. :p

I'm just saying this game has at least 5 character that are broken. Kabal is part of that 5. Choose whoever fits your style best and go with them...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Again, let me be clear, like I said with DJT this doesn't necessarily change matchup numbers (although that also doesn't mean they wont change over time), what it does prove however is that the rest of the community needs to take responsibility for their inadequacies instead of trying to gravitate towards the easy way out and get their hardest matchups banned.

And lol at the "hurpity derp, they looked kinda rusty today, those Kabals were really sloppy!" goalpost adjusting, so it's okay when PL's Kung Lao drops stuff but it's not okay when his Kabal does?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
My own problem with mk9 is not about top tier being banned or not. It's more like the bottoms are definetly banned for a couple of years so far. That is my only issue.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This is what I keep saying. He's definitely the best character in the game, but he's beatable. Everyone acts like any Kabal can waltz into top 8 when it's the same 4 or 5 players who have already proven themselves with other characters. It's not like REO/Jr/Carl weren't placing with Mileena/Jax/Lao.

There's literally no reason to ban him. He's not Meta Knight. He's not even Superman.

This is what I keep saying. He's definitely the best character in the game, but he's beatable. Everyone acts like any Kabal can waltz into top 8 when it's the same 4 or 5 players who have already proven themselves with other characters. It's not like REO/Jr/Carl weren't placing with Mileena/Jax/Lao.

There's literally no reason to ban him. He's not Meta Knight. He's not even Superman.
that mileena and jax were in an archaic period of mk9,they were mere childs compared to play now, i'd put money on if you let me go back in time to that first evo id shit on everybody with 10 different characters and im not even a top tournament player, people weren't anti-airing or counter-poking or 2ndcing

jr. had to drop jax because of how well reo learned the matchup

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
that mileena and jax were in an archaic period of mk9,they were mere childs compared to play now, i'd put money on if you let me go back in time to that first evo id shit on everybody with 10 different characters and im not even a top tournament player, people weren't anti-airing or counter-poking or 2ndcing

jr. had to drop jax because of how well reo learned the matchup

The point I'm making is that the consistent Kabal placements of late in majors are all the same handful of high-level players who were placing when this game wasn't fully developed. As the metagame developed, they developed with it, but they have always been the best. They put in the most work and they're most familiar with the whole franchise.

Like I said, Kabal is the best, but not by a wide enough margin to be ban-worthy. And this game is still evolving, this is the second major in a row he has lost. Why ban him just as everyone is getting it together in these "unwinnable" Kabal MUs?

Being the best in the game is not a reasonable excuse to ban a character. Fox isn't banned in Melee, Akuma isn't banned in SF.