What's new

The best Dr. Fate the world has ever seen. My official 1st rebelo of Injustice 2

This might be a dumb question, but how does he summon the ankhs and instantly fire them? An example of this would be at 25:10 where he fires three in rapid succession.

Noob
I didn't even get past the first second match. I think the Fate player was putting to much into being creative. He can hold anybody back just spamming is normal projectile.

It was nicer to watch seeing so much going on. But how are people having so much fun with these zoning characters. I play Harley. And I loose to Fate. So much so that I am looking around for a secondary character. And trying so hard to not have to go to a zoning character purely because I just don't enjoy using them.

Nice playing though. Good first few minutes of the vid.

Tweedy

Noob
I didn't even get past the first second match. I think the Fate player was putting to much into being creative. He can hold anybody back just spamming is normal projectile.

It was nicer to watch seeing so much going on. But how are people having so much fun with these zoning characters. I play Harley. And I loose to Fate. So much so that I am looking around for a secondary character. And trying so hard to not have to go to a zoning character purely because I just don't enjoy using them.

Nice playing though. Good first few minutes of the vid.
Harley is most likely a top 2 zoner.

Noob
Harley is most likely a top 2 zoner.
When you get something going she has some OK zoning abilities. But its hard to get anything going against a zoning character as she loses pretty much every trade. I don't think Harley beats any real zoner. And I see her zoning as more of a delay the opponent getting in while getting some meter and a bit of damage, as apposed to mindless keep away. And its that that I like a bout her. A little bit of everything. But it seems tournament wise that isn't the way to go, for me at least.

Though I have looked at tons of Youtube videos and Harley against a better than average spam zoner, not calling zoning spamming but I am talking in particular about people who spam one projectile and hold you back, She loses. As do most of the cast that aren't able to zone back. Its to hard to get in and to easy to keep people out.

I picked up Fate for one day to see if I played him how people would get in on me. And they couldn't. People I can't get a life bar off of as any of my other characters couldn't take a life bar off me. And of course its all relative, they all need to git gud. But I shouldn't have been able to do anything to them at all. Especially since I hadn't played him for longer than day.

But that's off topic.

Noob
I was part of the shit on DS band wagon. Of course it was because of Sonic. But after playing the game and coming across a bunch of inferior players compared to Sonic. Dudes who are scrubier than the scrubiest scrubs. I am still on the shit on DS band wagon. That guy is an ass hat. DS is crazy good at zoning. But Fate, he is the worst character I go up against.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I was part of the shit on DS band wagon. Of course it was because of Sonic. But after playing the game and coming across a bunch of inferior players compared to Sonic. Dudes who are scrubier than the scrubiest scrubs. I am still on the shit on DS band wagon. That guy is an ass hat. DS is crazy good at zoning. But Fate, he is the worst character I go up against.
Deadshot is made to zoner....It is only fair that he is really good at it ?
I feel the main issue with him is the 50/50, I say make his b1 low a Mid, it would still be really good but less mix

Last edited:

Noob
Deadshot is made to zoner....It is only fair that he is really good at it ?
I feel the main issue with him is the 50/50, I say make his b1 low a Mid, it would still be really good but less mix
Its fair if that is what he is meant to be. But he should suck up close. Zoning in general is over kill in this game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When you get something going she has some OK zoning abilities. But its hard to get anything going against a zoning character as she loses pretty much every trade. I don't think Harley beats any real zoner. And I see her zoning as more of a delay the opponent getting in while getting some meter and a bit of damage, as apposed to mindless keep away. And its that that I like a bout her. A little bit of everything. But it seems tournament wise that isn't the way to go, for me at least.

Though I have looked at tons of Youtube videos and Harley against a better than average spam zoner, not calling zoning spamming but I am talking in particular about people who spam one projectile and hold you back, She loses. As do most of the cast that aren't able to zone back. Its to hard to get in and to easy to keep people out.

I picked up Fate for one day to see if I played him how people would get in on me. And they couldn't. People I can't get a life bar off of as any of my other characters couldn't take a life bar off me. And of course its all relative, they all need to git gud. But I shouldn't have been able to do anything to them at all. Especially since I hadn't played him for longer than day.

But that's off topic.
You're probably playing terrible players in ranked

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

But that's off topic.
sounds like Fate is more suited to what works for you than Harley is

Noob
You're probably playing terrible players in ranked
sounds like Fate is more suited to what works for you than Harley is
Possibly playing terrible players. But I mostly play pretty decent players offline a lot too.

He does work a lot better for me. But he isn't enjoyable to play. It takes no skill to just pick him up and instantly be better than most people if not all the people that I play against. His style doesn't fit what I want to do. So I'm grinding through trying to get better with my Harley. But at the end of the day zoning is to easy and fighting your way in is to hard. Because the better I get the better the Fate players get and it cancels out. I suppose I will still play the game but it seems tournaments for this game and me will never go together.

I'm going to come across like an f'ing idiot, or a scrub, but I'm a noob and this is my first fighting game and I love Fate and I'm looking for answers from the best.

The 3-ankh stuff is great, but I feel like I never get a chance to summon them safely. Almost every opponent of mine has a projectile and it doesn't feel safe to summon when I can be throwing fireballs. Especially because when I *do* have 3, I tend to walk myself into the corner just to do something flashy. Then I get bodied because surprise, I can't get out of the corner.

Is there a good strategy here to sort of ride the grey line between ankh combos and fireballs, or should I just continue to focus on fireball/orb/f2-push? I mean...it's gotten me to decent rank, and I can at least make it to quarter/semi-finals in my ESL league with it...but I want to be better and I feel like strictly binging youtube strats isn't doing but so much. My match against Homelee was not as fun as Bdon's. :)

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Possibly playing terrible players. But I mostly play pretty decent players offline a lot too.

He does work a lot better for me. But he isn't enjoyable to play. It takes no skill to just pick him up and instantly be better than most people if not all the people that I play against. His style doesn't fit what I want to do. So I'm grinding through trying to get better with my Harley. But at the end of the day zoning is to easy and fighting your way in is to hard. Because the better I get the better the Fate players get and it cancels out. I suppose I will still play the game but it seems tournaments for this game and me will never go together.
If only fighting your way in was harder than zoning someone out. Cuz then fate would be top 5. Sadly against batman, once he gets a bat out, you better hope you get rid of it before he eventually walks you down to the corner. Or in general just any competent player(send full screen). Zoning is a skill and it's much more impressive to zone a good player out for an entire game or zone out the citrus then it is, to un-antiairble jump 2 your way to victory.

I will have to make an exception for deadshot however because his way of sending you back full screen is to give you the good old MiXXL.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

You're wrong

If you played anyone of skill you wouldn't say this, more than happy to set u up a dr fate match on RHS to show HOW EASY and brainless he is. Also show you what real competition is, not your bros down the street or brothers

gibster13

A fan of fans
I played arkomaniac27 (the best ranked wonderwoman in the world I believe)

I lost 10-9, video to come but I think it only recorded part of it, so one can check his stream

Noob
You're wrong

If you played anyone of skill you wouldn't say this, more than happy to set u up a dr fate match on RHS to show HOW EASY and brainless he is. Also show you what real competition is, not your bros down the street or brothers
Sorry man, just a little confused. I was saying I find Fate brainless to play as. When just spamming his straight projectile. Are you agreeing with me or using what I said sarcastically. Because I didn't mean to offend man. I just honestly got away with being cheap and cheesy with Fate against players I can't normally beat at all. I didn't mean it would work at high level, was simply saying I can rack up tons of wins as him compared to what happens when I play Harley. And that I don't want to pick him up and learn how to play better with him because I don't find zoning a fun way to play.

If only fighting your way in was harder than zoning someone out. Cuz then fate would be top 5. Sadly against batman, once he gets a bat out, you better hope you get rid of it before he eventually walks you down to the corner. Or in general just any competent player(send full screen). Zoning is a skill and it's much more impressive to zone a good player out for an entire game or zone out the citrus then it is, to un-antiairble jump 2 your way to victory.

I will have to make an exception for deadshot however because his way of sending you back full screen is to give you the good old MiXXL.
It is much harder to fight your way in against a zoner than it is for a zoner to keep you out. I always felt that way since zoning is very risk free in most cases. And if you have the faster projectile as opposed to your opponent then there is little most of the cast can do to retaliate and they have to come in. When I picked up Fate for a day, as I said, my plan was to see how people get in on me so that I know what to do against a Fate player. All I learned is that I could mindlessly keep players out. Regardless of what level of play it is. It is the level I am playing at, and at this level Fate mops for free for no skill.

Someday I would love to be a top player in top 8s and compete for big prize money. But that doesn't change anything. Because when I get to that level Fate players will be at that level and I would still have to fight harder to get in than he has to to keep me out.

I didn't mean to start a big argument about it. The game is heavily sided to zoners. And all the non zoning type players just have to learn to deal with it, or pick up a pocket zoning character.
That doesn't take away anything from how flashy the video looked.