What's new

The BatmanBeatsCap Public Apology Thread

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hello and welcome good people of TYM.

My name is Crusty and you’ve probably heard of me, for better or worse. I’m not the brightest guy in the community but I’m far from stupid. Hell, I consider myself just ahead of the curve.

But enough about me, onto the topic of discussion.

Three years or so ago, a person, that everyone and their mother’s mother know of, by the nomenclature of @BatmanBeatsCap was ridiculed and humiliated unfairly based off his gameplay due to the lies of myself and a few others. He got unfairly harassed and bullied so much that he left this very website.

I basically went after his neck and said to his face that he has no skill and comments on shit he doesn’t talk about. I was relentless in my approach, wanting him to leave and fought him through some less than honest means.

I tricked him into fighting me in Injustice on PSNow even though I had a PS4 where he could suffer tremendous lag and I had the unfair advantage because I felt garbage like him didn’t deserve fair play. Then I basically told him he could never beat me, offline or online, and would always lose because he’s downright pathetic.

Unfortunately, my words came to bite me back in the ass, operating under a false sense of security because I was a bit of sad sack with confidence issues back then; I was going through so much but I kept making the wrong decisions. I was cowardly.

Eventually, BatmanBeatsCap found my hidey NotCrusty and bested me. He genuinely outplayed me; I let my arrogance get the better of me and counted him out before I basically fought him. I lost...

But I couldn’t take this lying down, I was furious; to rid myself of this insecurity of losing to him, I went to great lengths to make sure he’d never come back to this website again.

For the rest of 2015-2016, I basically started spewing slander and fabrications about him, stuff that made him shunned in the community, unfairly so. I wanted to invalidate him, all because I lost to him. I’m truly pathetic, aren’t I? I didn’t want to admit he was better than me and basically wanted to frame him as this tremendous lag switcher and ragequitter so bad.

So when Playing2Win made the following thread about him, I went in and just added more fire to the pyre. Things were bad for him already, but after his losses to Eldriken (another potato who doesn’t know better) things just got worse for him.

I put this innocent man who was going through depression through so much hell through my malicious deeds and lies, and got just desserts for it. Next thing I knew, I got thrown into a depression that lasted for the next three years mostly due to my own actions.

And looking back at all of this years later, now that I’m in a different state of mind, no longer depressed and been very contemplative of my actions as a young lad, I just want to say this.

I’m sorry, BatmanBeatsCap. From the bottom of my heart, I am genuinely sorry, my dude. I did more damage than I ever thought I could because of my tendency to pick fights with people. A day doesn’t go by now these where I think about all the people I wronged, whether in real life or whether online. I feel deep shame, and I don’t know what I can do to rectify the situation anymore. I just can’t bring myself to tell you, how truly sorry I am.

I’m sorry Cap. I’m only human, but if you can bring it in yourself to forgive me, it would do wonders for me knowing someone I pissed off heavily chose to do so. I’m so sorry. I want to own up to and accept full responsibility of my actions.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Props to you, apologizing takes balls and it requires you to step on your ego. I hope you feel better now, and that you start to look at things differently. Rivalries are fun, but not when you're putting someone else down for pleasure. That will destroy your soul, and as you explained, you felt a lot of remorse.

I hope you can continue to enjoy FGs competitively because there is fun to be had without putting others down.

(why don't we have a peace sign emoji?)

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Who was the one kid Caps hated who asked how can he get his number 1 ranked/wins from injustice in the Guinness world record?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't know who either of you are, but the impression I get from the comments is that this Batmanbeatscap guy was kinda a dick...

And yet you STILL made this apology and own up to your own mistakes in the past. That's commendable. Good on you.
The guy might not have been a sweetheart, but that doesn't mean he deserved what you put him through, and if he was already struggling with some stuff himself, that sometimes comes through in a bad way, ESPECIALLY online. I've fucking been there myself and been a straight up asshole to people who didn't deserve it, because I couldn't deal with stuff in my own life. It sucks, but all we can do about it is try and make up for what we've done by owning that shit and change for the better.