What's new

The Batman Pressure System

coolwhip

Noob
All right. I'll get on it. If this is true, then this is huge. Of course, a "mid" not hitting mid wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Just tested this further. For now, I strictly tested this on Catwoman, and yeah, the final 2 in 122 sometimes whiffs after a jump-in (it happens more than you think). I'm pretty sure it happened to me against other characters during some matches so I'll test it out further.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hmm. This is strange. The thing is, coolwhip, is that I tried the Catwoman test myself. I didn't have any problems connecting the "2". I want to apologize for not labbing this out(I've been too focused on MU grinding), but I'm wondering if this is more distance specific. When I tested it on MMH, if you used 112 from max range, the 2 would whiff when he crouched. Up close, it did not.

I really need to get off my bum and work this. The thing with Zod though, is that I suspect he has a weird crouching hitbox. Though the issue has been fixed, there was a time when Batgirl's batwheel whiffed on him crouching. Could this be a similar issue?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
DarthArma FOREVER KING AK Reno_Racks Rude You guys don't even know what a Batman Pressure System looks like.
THIS is a Batman pressure system:

As you can see we have Jump 2s coming in from the north. We're hoping it'll die down by sunset en route to Attleboro Mass.
Got some high winds as a result of the Jump 2s, but the main thing is the wind chill around the mid west. Over all we expect the jump 2 to go unchallenged all the way into next week, probably Wednesday is when we'll be seeing some sun. Back to you, Barbara.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
That's a spacing issue. If you try to use the b1 strings from max distance, the second hit will whiff.

Sea2xu

Noob
Question: so F2 is plus 1 on block, does anyone know what f2 xxcb (f2 trait cancel) would be? Is feels like it's neutral instead of more plus or even the same amount of frame advantage.

coolwhip

Noob
Question: so F2 is plus 1 on block, does anyone know what f2 xxcb (f2 trait cancel) would be? Is feels like it's neutral instead of more plus or even the same amount of frame advantage.
F2 trait is definitely not plus. It might actually be negative. I'll test it later and give you the frame data (rough estimate).

Sea2xu

Noob
F2 trait is definitely not plus. It might actually be negative. I'll test it later and give you the frame data (rough estimate).
Thanks a lot. When tested against lex I can do f2 and beat or trade with corp charge with standing 1. When I do f2 trait I can't even trade with corp charge. I just wish f2 could be part of some legit pressure. I use it as a gimmick after a blocked b3. I'll follow up with f2>b1 to catch some ppl sleeping on the low.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
F2 is legit at certain times. I like to use it in the corner especially after a throw. It works well in the corner since you can get a juggle off of it. Most people won't poke after f2 because of that reason, and so it becomes a good way to forcefully close the distance in the corner. It also has decent frame data with f23 being 0 on block ( wiffs on certain hitboxes so be wary.) After f23 is a pretty good time to throw out a parry as most players will poke. Once you get them to respect that.... It gets pretty lulz