What's new

The Batman Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I loved it, almost snuck into another theatre to watch it again. Initial reaction has me ranking it higher than Batman Begins, just a great Batman movie.

He said it, "The Batman"!

What did you all think?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Hated it! Waste of a film. I can't believe we didn't get to see Batman Vs. Deathstroke for this bullshit. Ben Afflleck is the best on-screen Batman in my opinion. Take every fight seen Patterson did in this movie, and compare it to the warehouse scene in BVS. The chemistry with Catwoman was off. The first kiss felt super out of place. His suit was ugly IMO. HE COULDN'T TURN HIS NECK. All the shit they gave Zack movies, and Reeves made a suit where the dude couldn't turn his neck in 2022 is crazy as fuck to me. Riddler was not scary or interesting. The dude just came off like a weirdo with a wack-ass reason to be killing all those people. If Thomas died, and people after him didn't want to continue putting money into the orphanage why is that Bruce's fault? The Batmobile was wack as fuck. The scene where he glided through Gotham looking like spiderman felt out of place. He only had one scene where he crashed from the top of a building. Every other scene is him walking around in that clunky ass suit looking like a fucking fool. If he's supposed to be the world's greatest detective then why did he need Gordan for every damn scene?! I hated this movie. What I hate even more is that all the reviewers are treating this shit like it's the greatest thing ever. Giving it perfect scores. That's bullshit to me. He literally left Falcone, and in the next scene, Alfred is telling him the truth about his parent's death. If Zack had done that in a scene people would have screamed about pacing issues! LMFAO. DC & WB are full of shit at this point.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Mediocre and honestly an unnecessary movie. It continues the dark and gritty atmosphere from the Nolan films, but the characters and the action never really engage me. Not feeling this take on the Riddler and the Catwoman was too much of a damsel in distress and the chemistry with Batman was pure water. I'd give the movie 7/10 max.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Was excellent. Only good Batman movie since Nolan movies. Affleck was good in the role he was given, but that was not Batman in those movies.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think it is a solid 8.5/10. It is the best one after TDK, however this movie pays the most respect to Batman himself. Robert Pattinson did a great job and his Batman is by far the most comic accurate. This movie as a whole did a great job of adapting aspects of The Long Halloween, Zero Year, and others, while still telling an original story. 90% of his scenes is AS Batman which is a nice change of pace. Especially in his early years, the Bruce Wayne persona was almost nonexistent. Batman actually saves people and cares about human life, which is the only one aside from Christian Bale's version. He becomes a real hero by the end of the movie. He has a brain and solves crimes using said brain.

This is by far the best version of Gotham ever seen in a movie. It is the perfect mix of over the top gothic Tim Burton and then a little too realistic literally just New York, Christopher Nolan version (Batman Begins had a much better Gotham than TDK and TDKR, but nothing compared to The Batman).

The movie shows that there is an established universe, Gordon and Batman already having a working relationship, Penguin is rising to power, Batman meets Catwoman, but there is still much more to show.

People have given Pattinson crap for how he looks, which is very stupid. As someone with a lot of natural lifting experience who holds 2 state powerlifting records, he looks very realistic to how this character would look IN REAL LIFE. For someone who isn't taking steroids, gets almost no sleep, trains more for speed and technique rather than all traditional weight training, and overall has trash recovery for his body, they aren't going to be huge at all. He could bulk up a little bit and still fit the part, which I imagine he will. Building a ton natural muscle takes more time than people think, especially since Pattinson is one of the only mainstream actors in superhero movies that don't take steroids. Henry Cavill, Chris Pratt, and Chris Evans are the only other actors in these movies that I believe aren't on shit. They have been lifting for decades to look like that, and they still get absolutely blown out of the water by Chris Hemsworth for example who will literally gain and lose 30 lbs of muscle between Thor movies when he is off his cycle. This overly long explanation is just to break down why a relatively new lifter like Robert Pattinson's physique is just fine for the more grounded version of Batman that he is playing, and if there was a Batman IRL who was nocturnal and fighting every night, and wasn't on roids, he would look like shit and be almost completely emaciated.

Rant about why this new Batman is much better than Affleck's version that nobody in their right mind would take the time to read:

I like Affleck's portrayal of the shitty material Zach Snyder gave him to work with, and I think he is the best Batman only in terms of how he looks in the suit. This movie is a massive breath of fresh air for how the character is presented though. DCEU Batman in BvS was evil and pretty stupid, getting manipulated by schizo Lex with ease, not thinking critically at all about Superman, fucking murdering people, etc. Frank Miller's Batman is good for an elseworld one off Batman, but it was such a horrible idea to make it the main in universe Batman for their movies. Even Frank Miller's Batman, edgy as he is doesn't like guns. It is so jarring to see Batman shoot people, and it eliminates his whole deal. Then in Justice League when he stops murdering people, he goes from over the top edge lord to useless. He gets his ass beat by anything that isn't a human jobber character, shows no exceptional intelligence or strategy of any kind, and acts purely on impulse and emotion. Both versions of Justice League to be clear. New Batman can convey what he is thinking with nothing but a glance and some foot steps, refuses to kill people, doesn't use guns, and uses his fucking brain. His feats in combat, even in this world that is scaled down to be more realistic compared to Affleck's Batman who (hypothetically lol) can fight meta humans, is mostly on par with or better than any on screen Batman when it comes to fighting normal people.