What's new

The Atom Revealed for Injustice 2!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
wrong.. it was release now for one reason only... to sync with the CW Networks new seasons of the "arrow" universe... which you might not now with Atom IJ2 represents major characters in all the shows. Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. That is why it is only a tease by being so short, as it is to early for KP3. but NOW is the time to sync it with the TV Shows and I'm also pretty sure it was originally released on cw'w/e where the challenge cup is shown.
My bad, I didn't know you worked for NRS and their PR team. I'll keep that in mind.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I just realized that I'm getting Jaime Reyes, Jason Rusch and Ryan Choi in the same game! That's amazing! These 3 characters created quite the uproar back the early 2000's when they were first introduced in the comics! Now they're in the same game together! It's good to see how far the three have come!
Wait...remember Tanya?!? Doesn't NRS hate minorities?!?!?

trufenix

bye felicia
To me it seems like it was definitely planned to generate more hype and conversation on a game that hasn't been doing well viewership wise. Also, I remember seeing a statistic on active players on console compared to release, and it wasn't a good statistic. Obviously that will always happen as a game ages, but I'm just saying, NRS is definitely aware of what is going on and trying to improve the situation.
That's a great theory, I guess but do you really think they decided the solution was to release a half baked trailer during a show with already tiny viewership and then keep it a secret until like 10 minutes before it airs? Why wouldn't they choose Hellboy who is not only way closer to done / release but would have done all of those other intangible things ten times better?

IMHO this was either the tiniest bone they had to throw Chasing The Cup to score them some views, or Atom's release (either super early or at sort of discount) is some part of the inevitable gear fiasco apology.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm hyped for the Atom but that reveal seemed hastily put together and kinda came out of left field. Gave me weird vibes.

I'm with @Juggs; something seems off and maybe a little desperate. Even if it is some kind of tie-in with the show, as @Jynks says, or it's some kind of "first look" at KP3, it seems like it's been botched either way due to zero effort to hype up or even explain the video.

Also, out of that 52-second video, about 10 seconds looks to just be his super captured from different angles, then another 20 seconds is devoted to clash and outro. Actual gameplay doesn't start until 16 seconds in. So that's basically 46 seconds of filler and literally just 6 seconds of random moves (which could all be gear, for all we know) for a character we already knew would be in the game. I don't know what NRS was trying to accomplish with this video but...thanks?

[Edit] This thread was started at 9:14pm last night. Does that mean this trailer was released close to then? If so, what?!

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't want to be a debbie downer but, this character (and a lot of these DLC characters) have been the opposite of hype for me. Hell even the release trailers became anti-hype once I realized that 70% of the cool shit were all gear moves. I hear grumblings about interest for this game fading and this character sort of personifies that for me. This is the first NRS game where I haven't bought a pack past DLC 1.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
why are they releasing gameplay of him now?
Also he looks like he could potentially be the most annoying character to play against but the most fun to play as
I thought the same thing And I LIVE FOR IT! Come all the way Through Atom

Mr "Big Where It Counts" if ya nasty :p

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That's a great theory, I guess but do you really think they decided the solution was to release a half baked trailer during a show with already tiny viewership and then keep it a secret until like 10 minutes before it airs? Why wouldn't they choose Hellboy who is not only way closer to done / release but would have done all of those other intangible things ten times better?

IMHO this was either the tiniest bone they had to throw Chasing The Cup to score them some views, or Atom's release (either super early or at sort of discount) is some part of the inevitable gear fiasco apology.
I don't think it was the only reason, just part of it. It also could just be random, who knows? It just seems weird and out of place imo.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't think it was the only reason, just part of it. It also could just be random, who knows? It just seems weird and out of place imo.
It's definitely jank but the whole all of a sudden injustice 2 is doing bad rhetoric is doing way more harm and good.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
It's definitely jank but the whole all of a sudden injustice 2 is doing bad rhetoric is doing way more harm and good.
No it's not, the only bad thing happened was the whole gear thing and even now it has been fixed at least for the most part. A lot of other games do way worse for various reasons.

I feel like the Atom pick is to appeal to the current Marvel/DC wave that's been going on. I would've loved to see someone like Spawn or something take the scene!