What's new

Strategy The art of the Tech Roll

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
One of the agreed weaknesses that Raven faces is her absolute lack of any solid wakeups. What I want to do is take a look at a knocked down option not used very often, which is the tech roll.

In order to perform a tech roll you simply have to press any button right before you hit the ground. Fairly easy after 5 mins in practice mode. Note: Hard Knockdown setups prevent tech rolls. I do not know every HKD in the game, but most character forums can tell you their personal HKD setups.

This is on a character by character basis. I should also note that most characters have some way to punish you for doing this, so even if tech rolling avoids some form of their oki it may not be the best idea to use it every time.

Aquaman: No real use, most BnBs end in hard knockdowns.

Ares: No real use. All BnBs leave you at a far distance and does not avoid the MB Godsmack setups

Batman: After B23 a lot of batmans like to dash up for more pressure. If you tech roll you can catch them by surprise and possibly make them whiff.

Bane: If they end their combos in venom uppercut, you can gain some space. For the most part not worth it.

Batgirl: More often then not going to end combos into reset for the 50/50, so not viable here either.

Black Adam: In the very few combos that end with Boot Stomp(if any), you can tech roll to make it impossible to try and crossup setups.

Catwoman: BnBs end with HKDs

Cyborg: Rolling away from cyborg is what he wants you to do, so no use here

Ill keep looking for stuff but so far there seems to be way too many HKDs for tech rolling to be useful. Will see.

Killer Frost: She can slide you every time for it, most likely not worth it

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Hawkgirl doesnt have any useful hard knockdowns but she has Mace charge to catch them and some tech to abuse tech rolls with combos that end with divekick

A good amount of characters have similar shit but most characters have a good move that can be used to end combos in a hard knockdown

Rule of thumb to me is techroll against rushdown characters if you can and dont do it against zoners coz you're giving them more distance to play with.