What's new

General/Other The Aquaman Appreciation Thread

Do you appreciate Aquaman?

• Total voters

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Yes. I feel like Martian Manhunter Zod and Aquaman have solidified their spots in top 3. I can't really imagine anything changing that unless somebody finds some game breaking tech with interactables or a block infinite or something.

Also I think grundy will rise
I pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread, but I'm hella curious why you think Grundy will rise in the tier list.. Also, you think batman mmh is 5-5? I thought I've seen you say it's 4-6? Cuz right now I feel batman has 5 bad matchups mmh included. Maybe even 6..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He's so damn good at not breaking character, it's an unprecedented level of greatness. The fact that so many people think he's serious is a testament to that.
I am serious. Aquaman is good for the game. He is a super top tier character, with losing match ups.

Do you know who is bad for the game? Martian Manhunter - a super top tier character with no losing match ups, limited skill requirement, and a strategy that works against every single character the game. But low gunshots and low lightning are the problem!

When you have hundreds of scrubs like Crimson Shadow in the community, you have to wonder whether Mortal Kombat X will end up as unbalanced as Mortal Kombat 9.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread, but I'm hella curious why you think Grundy will rise in the tier list.. Also, you think batman mmh is 5-5? I thought I've seen you say it's 4-6? Cuz right now I feel batman has 5 bad matchups mmh included. Maybe even 6..
In my opinion(and only my opinion, not fact) Batman's bad match-ups are Raven, Green Lantern, Zod, Aquaman, and maybe Harley. Again, just an opinion.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
In my opinion(and only my opinion, not fact) Batman's bad match-ups are Raven, Green Lantern, Zod, Aquaman, and maybe Harley. Again, just an opinion.
For sure dude, I respect it. I can see a case for Harley. For me I think batman loses to aquaman, zod, mmh, raven, green lantern.. Personally I think he goes 5-5 with flash (a really tough 5-5) but in all honesty, I don't play against super rush down flashes, so I respect when people say its 4-6, because it definitely could be.

You feel he goes even with mmh?

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
I am serious. Aquaman is good for the game. He is a super top tier character, with losing match ups.

Do you know who is bad for the game? Martian Manhunter - a super top tier character with no losing match ups, limited skill requirement, and a strategy that works against every single character the game. But low gunshots and low lightning are the problem!

When you have hundreds of scrubs like Crimson Shadow in the community, you have to wonder whether Mortal Kombat X will end up as unbalanced as Mortal Kombat 9.
Losing matchups? I think Lobo is the only person he might lose to...
Or are you this good at trolling?

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
For sure dude, I respect it. I can see a case for Harley. For me I think batman loses to aquaman, zod, mmh, raven, green lantern.. Personally I think he goes 5-5 with flash (a really tough 5-5) but in all honesty, I don't play against super rush down flashes, so I respect when people say its 4-6, because it definitely could be.

You feel he goes even with mmh?
Yeah, actually. I mean...I haven't fought someone on Haze Jupiter's level, and while I can see why MB orbs can be a huge pain, I don't see how we can't even things up with trait.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
ZOD is scarlet IMO from mk9
Requires most thinking and execution in his 5-5 and tougher MUs
I always thought Harley Quinn is the Skarlet of Injustice

Harley Quinn has 4% safe Gunshots, she is there to annoy you and irritate you but it's not going to kill you. The same with Skarlet's Daggers its there to annoy you and irritate you and not going to kill you because you can duck or hold block on her downward Air Dagger exception is Harley's downward Gunshot is overhead. They rely on sliding in or jump in to catch you off guard in defense.

Like Harley Quinn and Skarlet they can't really open you up unless they Slide in, even though Skarlet's Slide is safe -4 when blocked you can jump out if she tries to armor EX Slide again or she does blocked Overhead Slash gets blown up. Harley Quinn is the same case she can roll back to make her herself safe in some cases from Tantrum Stance or get blown up committed to using Tantrum Stance Carwheel, Headstand or Low Gunshots blocked. They both have short ranged normals Skarlet and Harley Quinn which explains their pestering with projectiles to stop movement but they get rewarded from air to air attacks as Skarlet will get her mix up game just as Harley Quinn can use J2 into her TS mix up knockdowns. They have poor wake ups and rely sliding out to get out of pressure on the right reads.

While it is true that Zod's execution is difficult to master, he isn't easy braindead to pick up either the same case with Kabal players get bodied in pools bad execution or poor fundamentals as a player. It takes a true main to master their character's entirety inside and out which Zod requires, Kabal is very similar execution and reads. This doesn't mean that Zod "KABALLS" the game, more of the note you can differentiate a bad Zod player from a good one the same as a great Kabal player from a sloppy one. MMH also requires a good player to perform in such a manner.

Back to Aquaman, very dominating character match ups, defense, lifelead based, I do think a less skilled player can hide behind a broken character and rob better players out with him sadly.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
LMAO THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!!

GAME'S BALANCE DEPENDS ON THE SCRUBBINESS OF THE PLAYERS!!! LMAAOOOOOO
The players make up the community. NRS does listen to community feedback.

Losing matchups? I think Lobo is the only person he might lose to...
Or are you this good at trolling?
Aquaman definitely loses to Lex Luthor.

Those players who were in Pig's, Cowboy's, and my hotel room in Las Vegas and saw Revolver fight Theo know what I am talking about.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
The players make up the community. NRS does listen to community feedback.

Aquaman definitely loses to Lex Luthor.

Those players who were in Pig's, Cowboy's, and my hotel room in Las Vegas and saw Revolver fight Theo know what I am talking about.
Report your scores...
So only lex and maybe lobo?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I think Lobo slightly beats Aquaman for a few reasons(not just because you can punish FTD with trait shells)... but since there are no more high level Aquaman mains at tournaments we'll probably never have a concrete number on this matchup. I talked with Theo about the matchup a bit but I never got to play him when I was on the West Coast.

If anything it's at least slightly in Lobo's favor if not 6-4. Lex probably does a bit better against Aqua than Lobo.