What's new

General/Other - Kano The 10/4/16 Patch Kano buffs/nerfs thread

I$AAC

Noob
So I figured I'd make this thread to discuss/document any changes done to Kano in the 10/4/2016 patch. I'll keep this post updated with info as soon as I get them.

Updated: here they are!

• Kano - Black Dragon Ball no longer has armor
  • Kano - reduced the blockstun on Multi Blades by 5 frames
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Fixed a bug which could cause Kano to lose the round if he had Power Up or Charge Up activate while Jason (Unstoppable) resurrected
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Away+FP can no longer be cancelled when blocked and is now -15 on block (down from -10)
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Charge Up no longer has armor
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Power Up & Charge Up now have 10 more recovery frames when done while the opponent is blocking
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Away+FP,BP,FP is now -10 on block (down from 0)
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Eye Blast no longer has armor and is now +4 on block (up from -11) and has 10 less recovery frames
  • Kano (Commando) - Strangle, Power Bomb, & Rib Breaker now have 2 hits of armor

Last edited:
Kano be dead after this patch.hehe

Btw. anyone knows if Pig learned CT Kano and beat up some top players? I still remmebert his video. ;)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I just hope cyber and cmd kano gets truly the help they need. They play honest and in mkxl honest characters dont Historically don't make great characters in nrs land.

Or everyone else get brought down to their level. Which ever.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I just hope cyber and cmd kano gets truly the help they need. They play honest and in mkxl honest characters dont Historically don't make great characters in nrs land.

Or everyone else get brought down to their level. Which ever.
i hope Commando and Cyber get unique buffs, maybe do what others said on here, Strengthen there unique strategy they ahev. and im afraid for characters like Kano and Sonya. like I love Commando but he could get hit hard because of CT. and i love Special Forces, but because of Demo she might get hit hard as well. it kinda sucks sometimes.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
i hope Commando and Cyber get unique buffs, maybe do what others said on here, Strengthen there unique strategy they ahev. and im afraid for characters like Kano and Sonya. like I love Commando but he could get hit hard because of CT. and i love Special Forces, but because of Demo she might get hit hard as well. it kinda sucks sometimes.
I don't see that happening.

CT is a completely different variation to cmd and cybernetic. These two share a bit more in common then in cutthroat.

Cutthroat was very good in it'd hey day but it's needs balancing. I think it's was just a lil oversight leaving the other two variations behind. Mind you they were still very viable and depending on their match up very good.

But they need a bit more attention too. Kano ain't just cutthroat.

As for Sonya she's always been very good. It's just that most people pick the variation that gets the easy W's with minimum effort. She'll survive anything that happens because she's designed solely on her strong mixups and her strings.

Meep8345

Noob
Cutthroat gets toned down hopefully.

Cybernetic gets more damaging knives and B1 being way less negative, plus the game being less offensive will make Cybernetic a very good variation imo.
If they give him pre-patch b1 again commando is going to be really stupid

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
I'm sure they won't give commando this but if you really want dumb character let him has his pop up at the end of 2,2 and B312. lol or just make b312 special cancelable. Truly dumb character then.

KazKill

Noob
I'm disappointed that cutthroat lost his flash parry, but the other changes seem alright. Not much to get upset or excited about

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Cutthroat plays extremely risky now and overall requires a lot more patience. B121 Overhead got fixed as expected and cannot cancel on block. Wake up black dragon kano ball has no armor for all variations (Ex Up ball is the best armored wake up option/Armored counter), and Ex buff loses armor so it'll be best used for on hit confirms apparently.

Commando now has the best offense potentially with all cmnd throws and choke having 2 hits of armor and the additional damage buff (since launchers seem to cost a lot now and B1,3/B1 cmnd throw/B1, choke may be strong 50/50s in this patch)

Cybernetic may actually be the variation that comes out on top during this new patch so far (imo the safest variation for most match ups, mostlikely?). Mid knives is always a problem, Eye laser loses armor but gains offense advantage on block and extends combos for damage without any launchers.

Overall imo, Backdash is wild, D4 lives, Airball overhead is a plus, B1 for commando/cybernetic is still cute (better than kotals now), and D2 is great on top of his anti-air laser and other good buttons. Experimenting with Cutthroat and the damage potential with punishing is a must after this patch and it's changes if you want to continue playing it. Commando and Cyber just seem like they got a lot better due to other changes to characters and the mechanics.

Last edited:

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I'm disappointed that cutthroat lost his flash parry, but the other changes seem alright. Not much to get upset or excited about
I agree but the flash parry in this new state of the game would have been very very strong (Brain dead if you ask me). Almost the whole cast would not be able to get Kano off of them with the changes to many of the special moves. If you were interested in the flash parry for cutthroat (and that type of tanky offense), try playing commando. You'll find some pretty crazy stuff in that variation for this patch.