What's new

The 1.14 patch might be a taste of what future holds

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know a lot of ppl are salty because their character weren't touched and some even got nerfed. Still, i look at the general gameplay fixes, the flawless block new implementations and how they redesign some of the behaviour of the game and can immediately think this might be the best patch this game has got yet.

I think this is a patch to observe some of the suggested changes and how they operate in competitive level, this patch does 2 things in the meta, reduces poke mashing and make players pay the price, forcing those d1 mashing to be a little bit more selective and force players to use other options to steal turns other than poke back at every slight frame they got, same happens to air game.

The other thing this patch does its linning up some characters who had a super good U2 to be more in line with the rest of the cast finally not bending the rules, and also the weakest U2 had a more horizontal hitbox.

Due the undersea cable that provides internet to my country, i won't be able to test this patch in the next 24 hours, but i'm willing to believe that all weakest U2 in the game gained horizontal hitboxes this includes Skarlet.

In general, i know people wanted more buffs to their characters and stuff, but to me, buffing a character left and right does nothing to the game in general and just switch tiers without actually fixing the problem and we would still on that endless loop of hating characters and hating NRS for it, reason why i always wanted NRS to refine general mechanics instead before giving actual buffs, something i'm very happy they did with this patch, it brings me hope.

So to this point on, consider the meta of MK11 changed probably for the better, and do me a favor, play the game as much as you can explore new ways and keep reporting of what you like and what you don't, i though i would never see the day they would make flawless block this good, but it happened, i can't even wait to go online and KL and play right now, but i can't until this issue is fixed.

Thingy

Retired account
The patch is really good. Not too much, not too little. NRS is slowly tuning the game instead of their exaggerated changes in the past. This is encouraging...it is literally how most people wanted them to patch in the past.

Sparta

Noob
The patch is really good. Not too much, not too little. NRS is slowly tuning the game instead of their exaggerated changes in the past. This is encouraging...it is literally how most people wanted them to patch in the past.
Important patch yes, but once again they have not hit the mark. When they understand that low-level characters must buff (Shao Khan, Kitana, Skarlet ecc..) instead nerf only Geras.
Or improve the net code and modify the kombat league.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Important patch yes, but once again they have not hit the mark. When they understand that low-level characters must buff (Shao Khan, Kitana, Skarlet ecc..) instead nerf only Geras.
Or improve the net code and modify the kombat league.
The buffs are coming trust me, but now it's time to see how the cast fares with more defensive options before further improvement, i said in the opening post why just buffing characters won't break the loop, you don't want to give broke tools into a broken mechanic game, it happened to Johnny Cage and all other buffed before this patch because of it, it also weakened others in sum it just switched tiers.

I spend a whole lot 3 hours with this patch in traning mode and so far i'm loving it, it doesn't do everything but feels very good to know your way around things you were forced to hold.

For example, you can low let go block on last possible without being thrown, flawless block are a lot more relevant and have multiple aplicatios i neutral.

My character plays essetialy the same but it can use FBA as much anyone in the cast now, the general gameplay fixes forces a more thoughful approach to whoever plays with poking using d1~specials jump attacks, so its pretty much a new game