What's new

Guide "That was Speed Force" - The Flash Combo Discussion v2

Xenrail

Noob
WILL UPDATE FOR 1.06

Combos are essentially the same, only the damage scaling on metered combos has been affected

*1.05 introduce a new dash buff to flash which will now allow him to connect a combo after a sonic pound mb more easily that does not rely on trait.

The damage scaling is based off of 2 things. Your [starter] and [special]. In this case there are only 2 specials: Lightning Kick and Sonic Pound. Lightning Kick combos do less damage while Sonic Pound has the most. There are several starters: 112, b22, f21, d12, 21, etc. If you do choose to utilize Sonic Pound as your (mb) then you will have to dash-cancel (DC) your trait.

All of these combos were self taught with the exception of a couple that i saw online that i improved. All of these combos work off of 1 meter.

The purpose of this thread is to post up to date optimal BNBs with the Flash. The OP who created this thread has been inactive. This guide will list beginner as well as advanced combos.

This is not complete. I will be adding more combos such as Air to Ground, hit confirm, etc later.

BEGINNER

20% [starter] xx Sonic Pound/Lightning Kick/Lightning Charge/Flying Uppercut
24% b22f3 xx Sonic Pound (far)
34% [starter] xx Lightning Kick (mb) xx 12 xx Sonic Pound
35% [starter] xx Lightning Kick (mb) xx 112 xx Sonic Pound
35% [starter] xx Lightning Kick (mb) xx 32 xx Lightning Charge
33% b3, ji3, 32 xx Lightning Charge

28% d2, b22 xx RMS xx 11, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge

ADVANCED

#Meter

37% f21 xx [special] (mb) 11, f21 xx Sonic Pound
39% d12 xx [special] (mb) 21, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
41% f21 xx [special] (mb) 21, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
42% b22 xx [special] (mb) 21, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
43% 112 xx [special] (mb) 21, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
39% b22 xx [special] (mb) 32, 32 xx Lightning Charge
(timing too tight to be practical online)​
31% Lightning Charge (mb) xx 11, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
#Meter #Corner

40-44% [starter] xx [special](mb) xx 11,11,11,11,112 xx Lightning Charge
$$% Lightning Charge (mb) xx 11,11,11,11,112 xx Lightning Charge
$$% b22f3 xx Sonic Pound (far) (mb) 11,11,112 xx Lightning Charge

#One Bar Meter Video Compilation

http://testyourmight.com/threads/that-was-speed-force-the-flash-combo-discussion-v2.32577/page-11#post-1258909

#Meterless #Corner

44% b22f3 xx Lightning Kick xx 11,11, 11, 112 xx Lightning Charge
(this combo works depending on enemy stance. Not very reliable for the unattentive. Substitute Charge for Lightning Kick for 45%)​

$$% [starter] xx Lightning Charge xx d12, 11, 11, 11, 112 xx Lightning Charge
#Trait

46-53% [starter] xx [special](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (3) xx b22, b22f3 xx Sonic Pound
(accounts for lag online. pretty easy)​

50-54% [starter] xx [special](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (5) xx Lightning Charge (3)
(builds most meter. if you choose Sonic Pound as your special you won't be able to land another charge)​

50-58% [starter] xx [special](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22f3, 32 xx Lightning Charge
(only works midscreen to corner)​

51-58% [starter] xx [special](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
(works fullscreen)​

55-58% [starter] xx [Lightning Kick](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (6) xx b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
(impractical. strict timing. Sonic Pound special does not work with b22f3 on 6 LK. see #Flash)​

51-59% [starter] xx [special](mb)(trait) xx Lightning Kick (5) xx b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
(f21 starter with SP special: positional tech. great for forcing enemy back into the corner from being backed up in the corner)
#Trait #Hit Confirm

51% (trait) xx RMS f3 xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
(strict timing. RMS f3 must barely hit confirm (the edge of the slide kick) in order to be in range for Kicks)
49% (trait) xx Lightning Uppercut xx Lightning Kick (5) xx b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
55% f3 (trait)xx Lightning Kick (6) xx b22f3 xx Lightning Charge

#Super

61% (trait) xx Lightning Uppercut xx Lightning Kick (5) xx b22f3 xx Super
(great for locking someone in their recovery frames into a 6f hit confirm)

41% (trait) xx RMS f3 xx Lightning Charge (4) xx Super
(good max screen 50/50 hit confirm. bad damage scaling)
66% (trait) xx RMS f3 xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22f3 xx Super
(same startup as above. stricter timing. RMS f3 must barely hit confirm (the edge of the slide kick) in order to follow up with Kicks. FANTASTIC damage scaling.)​

37% (trait) xx Lightning Charge (5) xx Super
66% f3 (trait) xx Lightning Kick (6) xx b22f3 xx Super
61% b3 (trait) xx Lightning Kick (5) xx b22f3 xx Super
60% b3 (trait) ji3 xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22f3 xx Super
58% b3 (trait) ji3, ji3 xx Lightning Kick (3) xx b22f3 xx Super
56% b22f3 xx Lightning Kick xx 11, 11, 112 xx Super
(corner only)​

#Transitions

37-42% [starter] xx [special] xx d2, b3
#Interactables

$$% f21 xx 1+2, 32, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge
$$% f21 xx 1+2, b3, ji3, 32 xx Lightning Charge
#Resets #Corner

27-31% [starter] xx [special] xx d2, b3 xx back dash (2)
(must back dash under the opponent before he hits ground. can reset up to 73-94% (with/without trait) back into the corner. corner only)
37% [Sonic Pound] (mb) xx 11, 11, 11, 11, 112 xx Lightning Charge
(follow up a corner knockdown with a SP ex. Techs as an overhead crossup. corner only)
#Flash
Only b22, 112 starters work here for this kind of damage​

61% [starter] xx [Sonic Pound] (mb)(trait) DC xx Lightning Kick (6) xx b22 xx Lightning Charge
61% [starter] xx [Sonic Pound] (mb)(trait) DC xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b2 xx Lightning Kick xx b22f3 xx Lightning charge
63% [starter] xx [Sonic Pound] (mb)(trait) DC xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22 xx Lightning Kick xx 11, 112 xx Lightning Charge
(only works midscreen to corner)​
63% [starter] xx [Sonic Pound] (mb)(trait) DC xx Lightning Kick (4) xx b22 xx Lightning Kick xx b22f3 Lightning Charge
72% (trait) xx RMS f3 xx Lightning Kick (5) xx b22 xx Super

Stay tuned for community spread sheet & more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
#Super
41% (trait) xx RMS f3 xx Lightning Charge (4) xx Super

It's actually possible to go into a Lightning Kick chain with this starter if you hit them with it late enough in the animation.
I've gotten up to 72%.

I made an exhibition video based on a lot of the posts in the old thread that utilizes a lot of these combos. Would you be offended if I left it here as well?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
You should add his b3 combo (my favorite BnB) in case people wanna transition. b2, 2, df1 MB, d2, b3, Ji3, b2, 2, f3, charge. 40%.

Xenrail

Noob

It's actually possible to go into a Lightning Kick chain with this starter if you hit them with it late enough in the animation.
I've gotten up to 72%.

I made an exhibition video based on a lot of the posts in the old thread that utilizes a lot of these combos. Would you be offended if I left it here as well?
no not at all, i made this to help out other players. any kind of input is completely welcome. i'm still compiling from the other thread. will update sometime later tonight. was busy watching ECT

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
What is the timing for b22f3 after 21? I cant seem to get the hang of it. It seems kind of like timing wall bounce in combos. It has been a lot easier for me after sonic pound .. after lightning kick its pretty tough.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What is the timing for b22f3 after 21? I cant seem to get the hang of it. It seems kind of like timing wall bounce in combos. It has been a lot easier for me after sonic pound .. after lightning kick its pretty tough.
I walk forward a little after lightning kick. You have to make sure you hit the 21 at the right height, otherwise the B22f3 won't konnect.

Xenrail

Noob
it's a lot easier to land the b22f3 if you land the 21 earlier during the juggle. if you let them fall too much after 21 the timing is going to be EXTREMELY tight or it will miss completely

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Thanks guys. Ive tried some more since my post and ive already gotten the hang of it a bit more. Flash seems really fun. Tier isnt a big deal to me. I playbwho feels right, and flash feels right. I want that elseworld skin sooo bad.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks guys. Ive tried some more since my post and ive already gotten the hang of it a bit more. Flash seems really fun. Tier isnt a big deal to me. I playbwho feels right, and flash feels right. I want that elseworld skin sooo bad.
Fortunately for you Flash is good.. He just gets raped by GL....

Xenrail

Noob
Fortunately for you Flash is good.. He just gets raped by GL....
all of green lantern's specials are punishable especially his ring grab. if you can bait it out on wake up after a knockdown. that's a free 42-58%+. after getting punished for his ring grab he'll stop using it and you're free to start your 50/50 since his back dash sucks.

but this kind of discussion belongs over in the match up discussion thread

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I can't test this out at the moments since my controller is broken, but is it possibly to do both mb sonic pound and mb lightning kick in a midscreen combo, just for style purposes? I'm sure it scales heavily but I imagine something like:

b22~MB sonic pound, MB flash kick, b22f3~lightning charge

might work?

And I would love tips for the timing of trait combos right after a MB flash kick, I can never seem to land it consistently. so whenever I want to do a trait combo I just use MB wallbounce. for example:

f21~MB wallbounce, trait, j3, j3, f21, f21, f21~lightning charge

Xenrail

Noob
I can't test this out at the moments since my controller is broken, but is it possibly to do both mb sonic pound and mb lightning kick in a midscreen combo, just for style purposes? I'm sure it scales heavily but I imagine something like:

b22~MB sonic pound, MB flash kick, b22f3~lightning charge

might work?

And I would love tips for the timing of trait combos right after a MB flash kick, I can never seem to land it consistently. so whenever I want to do a trait combo I just use MB wallbounce. for example:

f21~MB wallbounce, trait, j3, j3, f21, f21, f21~lightning charge

the first one is ridiculous timing. don't worry though i got your back. i've already done style combos

for one similar to your first one

b22 xx Lightning Kick (mb) xx 112 (optional: move a little bit forward makes it easier to land otherwise just wait til they drop pretty low if you dont want to move) xx Sonic Pound (mb)
b22 xx Lightning Kick (mb) xx 12 xx Sonic Pound (mb) xx trait xx dash into your 50/50.

if you're dead set on the first one

b22~MB sonic pound xx dash xx MB flash kick, b22f3~lightning charge

press your trait key while you're doing your lightning kick meter burn animation. you can queue up your trait input. for your second combo timing is a little different when you incorporate your b3 and f3. in this case you're canceling with a b3 so just as soon as you see them about to hit the wall or actually hit it for the bounce press it.

Do you have any tips on how to use Flash's trait during a combo online? After doing a combo and using Lightning Kick MB, how long do you have to wait before pressing 4 to activate the trait? I can't seem to get it to work very well online because of the lag.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Do you have any tips on how to use Flash's trait during a combo online? After doing a combo and using Lightning Kick MB, how long do you have to wait before pressing 4 to activate the trait? I can't seem to get it to work very well online because of the lag.
In theory, any time after after the animation for LKMB beginds and before it ends, you can tap 4 for trait once and it will stay in the buffer until the first available frame after LK (so long as you hit nothing else). I know this because I've done it.
In practice, it doesn't seem to work that way online. Ever. Couldn't begin to explain why. If you are having problems with the above, I think the only real solution is to mash out the 4.

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
Also, here's this.

There's some jump-ins here, a couple cross-ups, an air-to-air, some decent corner juggles, and a few interactions. This also helps to show just how interchangeable Flash's combo tech is.
The other interesting thing to note is the ridiculous effect damage scaling has on him. The first combo in the video begins with Ji2 and does 35% damage. Doing that same combo without the jump-in makes it 38% damage (fewer button presses, three fewer hits... more damage... wtf NRS?). Also the combo against Green Lantern at 1:32, meter burning the Lightning Charge at the end adds a whole 1% damage. Similar "double burn" combos from other characters can add as much as 6% or 7% extra damage.

There's some jump-ins here, a couple cross-ups, an air-to-air, some decent corner juggles, and a few interactions. This also helps to show just how interchangeable Flash's combo tech is.
The other interesting thing to note is the ridiculous effect damage scaling has on him. The first combo in the video begins with Ji2 and does 35% damage. Doing that same combo without the jump-in makes it 38% damage (fewer button presses, three fewer hits... more damage... wtf NRS?). Also the combo against Green Lantern at 1:32, meter burning the Lightning Charge at the end adds a whole 1% damage. Similar "double burn" combos from other characters can add as much as 6% or 7% extra damage.
Flash has Sindel-quality damage scaling--which is to say, his damage scaling lacks quality altogether. I had hoped such non-sensical gameplay features would be absent from I:GAU. :mad:

Xenrail

Noob
How do you punish Minigun?
if you see him using minigun, pop your trait to lock him in his recovery frames cancel with RMS f3, RMS cancel into Grab/string or lightning charge. if your spider sense tingles that he's gonna queue up a gatling gun you can 50/50 charge him and hit his start up animation as well.

this kind of tech is a little bit more advanced. your job as flash vs GL's is to get in their face as soon as possible while avoiding/reading their counters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
if you see him using minigun, pop your trait to lock him in his recovery frames cancel with RMS f3, RMS cancel into Grab/string or lightning charge. if your spider sense tingles that he's gonna queue up a gatling gun you can 50/50 charge him and hit his start up animation as well.

this kind of tech is a little bit more advanced. your job as flash vs GL's is to get in their face as soon as possible while avoiding/reading their counters.
Haven't been able to do this.. Are you sure this works?

After the minigun, when I trait then RMS f3 I get stuffed by the minigun...

Xenrail

Noob
Haven't been able to do this.. Are you sure this works?

After the minigun, when I trait then RMS f3 I get stuffed by the minigun...
timing and spacing is extremely strict. it's hard to punish mini gun, but this is one of the best ways i know about. you really shouldn't be getting hit by miniguns unless you mindless dash in/fullscreen charge for no apparent reason

if you feel like he's gonna use another minigun then just cancel your RMS wait for it then charge in