What's new

Match-up Discussion - Unbreakable That good feeling...

boba_buster

Noob saibot
That good feeling you get when your going one for one with cryo against a good inferno scorpion ( not typical vortex repeat constant jikxxtele scrub) and you decide to hit reselect and swing on over to unbreakable , and then you completely shut down every offensive tactic they have to the point where you have them sitting in the corner scared to poke back or even teleport. That's a good feeling. If unbreakables parry was safe like it should be it would be easier to play him like that. That's what unbreakable should do , shut down offence.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
No it should , a safe party still gives your opponent a free 50/50 , unbreakable has really low damage , he's high risk /low reward. Their not gonna up the reward so they need to lower the risk a little

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
No it should , a safe party still gives your opponent a free 50/50 , unbreakable has really low damage , he's high risk /low reward. Their not gonna up the reward so they need to lower the risk a little
I've never heard of a fighting game where a parry is safe to throw out. Parries in fighting games are designed to be hard reads with strong reward for guessing right. You should not be able to just throw it out in footsie. It would literally shut down the opponents neutral game. It could probably be a little faster, but even that would be a QoL buff.

The parry has 1 input for high low and mid strings. It ignores armor. It has a 6 frame start up. Making it safe would be broken.

They can reduce the recovery but I'd prefer it being faster. 3 frames and 1 frame for ex.

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You just ask for a bottom tier to be broken,since you can parry even armoured moves,this cannot happen!

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think it should just be less punishable. The reward for this move is tiny. Shouldn't be punishable by absolutely normal in the game from absolutely every single character, with a cigarette break inbetween. -20 or so would be fairer, so it's definitely heavily punishable but not necessarily for maximum damage every single time, considering it only nets 20% or so on hit.

I GOT HANDS

P.s. When asking for a 20% combo opener to be made "only -20" is a massive buff, you know the move is fuckin trash lol

I GOT HANDS

I hope you do not compare the 2 moves,because the difference is huge,!
The two were never compared as whole. The statement was made "no other parries go into combo" which is factually incorrect. Nothing else was being compared.

mkl

Poopbutt.
I hope you do not compare the 2 moves,because the difference is huge,!
The only honest difference between Kotal's Parry and Unbreakable's is that Kotal's doesn't freeze. Kotal's is faster and will parry high/mid/low/throw as well. It just requires reactions for proper full combo punishes instead of freezing.

But I digress, this isn't a Kotal thread. Sorry.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
The only honest difference between Kotal's Parry and Unbreakable's is that Kotal's doesn't freeze. Kotal's is faster and will parry high/mid/low/throw as well. It just requires reactions for proper full combo punishes instead of freezing.

But I digress, this isn't a Kotal thread. Sorry.
Come on dude,we re having a conversation, it doesn't matter if this is a kotal thread,the fact is that I didn't understand what you ment,that's why I said "I hope", in my opinion kotal's parry isn't easy to convert,but I guess that is execution, for me it is a bit hard!

Lokheit

Noob
- Make parry holdable (up to a certain duration).

- Reduce the recovery so it's not safe but not a suicide letter either.

- MAYBE Make the EX one safer.

- Remove the stupid 0.85 penalty on aura mid-combo, a huge lot of characters (including another version of Sub-Zero) can extend combos with a no-hit special and they're fine without a penalty. Deceptive Reptile had the same treatment on the same patch and his penalty is literally the lighter in the game (regular jabs are 0.95, Reptile got a 0.98). No reason at all to have that penalty.

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Sub ain't getting more than 20% off a landed parry , yet if you make one small read you eat your opponents highest damage combo , for most of the cast that's over 35%
That's not a smart option. They need to lower the risk. Yea it would let him dominate footsies. It should.
He doesn't have much else going for him. On top of all the suggested buffs for unbreakable this would be the easiest one for NRS to implement.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Sonya and kotal get rediqulous damage off a landed parry and their probly a safer than subs. On top of that other characters with parrys have other offensive tools that go with the parry , sub doesn't! Unbreakable is his defensive variation , you should be able to play defensive reliably not just be a punching bag, he is literly considered the worst variation in the game how can anyone be against him getting a buff?!?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And when I say safe I don't mean neutral but safe enough where you have to guess for the overhead low 50/50 , where if you know your match up and you know your opponent has a 45% combo off a low starter but only 20% off an overhead you can atleast block low to not eat the high damage. Even the playing ground considering you usually only get about 18% off a landed parry. I don't see how anyone can think that's not fair

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
P.s. When asking for a 20% combo opener to be made "only -20" is a massive buff, you know the move is fuckin trash lol
well, ok, but Sonya get to spend 3 bars cause it's her x-ray, not really the same thing.

The two were never compared as whole. The statement was made "no other parries go into combo" which is factually incorrect. Nothing else was being compared.
actually i was comparing them. i mean, if you look at unbreakable parry, it's almost the same as commando, FF, CO sonya ones, with the difference that with unbreakable you can full combo.

I GOT HANDS

well, ok, but Sonya get to spend 3 bars cause it's her x-ray, not really the same thing.

actually i was comparing them. i mean, if you look at unbreakable parry, it's almost the same as commando, FF, CO sonya ones, with the difference that with unbreakable you can full combo.
No, her parry is meterless or 1 bar to combo bro

And the quote made wasn't responding to a comparison. You said "other parries don't combo", nobody replied to that with anything about other parties being stronger or worse, just that they DO combo.

Last edited: