What's new

Match-up Discussion - Unbreakable That good feeling...

Lokheit

Noob
Yea but with only a 5 frame recovery no one will be able to reliably set that up , although it is possible I don't think it's repeatable, it would have to be a very slow move like subs hammer and at that point they would be taking a huge chance
IDK, there are 3 frame links that people always connect, it would be a matter o starting your attack early or late after the failed parry and then you get a full combo. If it's going to be safe, it has to be 100% safe, that's why I'm advocating for the conditional 100% safe instead of the semi-safe. Not hitting is a big deal as he can time his move however he wants.

Another solution would be the holdable parry as you would then kill his timing by removing it early or late.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I've never heard of a fighting game where a parry is safe to throw out. Parries in fighting games are designed to be hard reads with strong reward for guessing right. You should not be able to just throw it out in footsie. It would literally shut down the opponents neutral game. It could probably be a little faster, but even that would be a QoL buff.
truth what hes trying to say is dont make it like -30 make it -15 on whiff so its not free to punish everytime thus making the parry not so shit as it offers no reward right now like 25% midscreen and 30 in the corner because risking our shit like that doesnt deserve a damage boost smh (not to mention the projectile parry is shit as f#$%). Rip the unbreakable dream for everyone except braindead

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
I play a little bit of Unbreakable on the side also, and the only two things I'd like to see are:

for he EX Parry to have a much faster start up so you could parry string gaps, and the EX parry to either give a damage boost to the next immediate combo or deal damage since the extra hit from freezing the opponent could mess with damage scaling.

That'd make all the difference in the world, because not only would you get your quick 20% at your opponent's expense... it'd also stop them from using their string that's probably tied to an overall game plan.

Since the reward is much more than frame advantage, it can't be safe on whiff. That would not be fair to be able to build meter with whiffing the parry, and only have to worry about blocking/breaking throws because then there is no risk whatsoever and no reads to make. You'd just throw out the parry when you're not doing anything because, you could. I wouldn't mind the recovery being better, but the opponent should have the opportunity to deal damage to you if you guess wrong.

Oh and mkl's right, Kotal does get 50% from you if the parried move gives him enough advantage to be at least +10. (1,1,4 BnB). I think it's fair though because KK's not guaranteed any damage. A move with great recovery gives him only frame advantage to start his counter offense, or possibly throw which is closer to guaranteed damage if you don't count uncontestable Sun God Chokes after parries.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
for he EX Parry to have a much faster start up so you could parry string gaps, and the EX parry to either give a damage boost to the next immediate combo or deal damage since the extra hit from freezing the opponent could mess with damage scaling.
Parry doesn't scale the damage. Or it baaaaaaarely does. A 36% combo becomes 35% when started with a full ex parry.

Lokheit

Noob
Parry doesn't scale the damage. Or it baaaaaaarely does. A 36% combo becomes 35% when started with a full ex parry.
Parry basically is like a 0 damage, 0.95 damage scale jab for damage calculations (most regular hits are 0.95) so it's not really heavy (iceball is 0.75 damage scale for comparison).

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The problem with damage after parry is you can't re freeze them like inferno scorp can with the minion and harpoon ,
Btw what is unbreakables highest damage combo without freezing them?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The problem with damage after parry is you can't re freeze them like inferno scorp can with the minion and harpoon ,
You can use the Aura now to extend combos, no need to refreeze them.

Highest damage is meterless 36% in the corner.

Lokheit

Noob
Mid screen after a parry without spending meter the most I've got is 31%:

Crossover JIP or dash backwards and JIP (JI1 is very consistent), B12, Ice Aura frame advantage, 242, Run, B12, Ice Burst.

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Mid screen after a parry without spending meter the most I've got is 31%:

Crossover JIP or dash backwards and JIP (JI1 is very consistent), B12, Ice Aura Cancel, 242, Run, B12, Ice Burst.
That's my bnb right there even without the parry lol

Lokheit

Noob
And if you already got the aura up you can still get 29% from the parry with JIP, B2, Run, B12 Ice Burst

Honestly I don't touch Unbreakable as much as my Cryomancer but I still think the optimal way to play him should be to always wear the aura. Considering the parry is such a big problem, reduced chip and damage should be up at all times instead of needing it off to extend combos.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Thinking about what this character could be is more exciting than actually playing him lol like the meter Kung Lao builds from his strings? Imagine if, with aura on, that meter would build for Unbreakable