What's new

Thanks to Paulo and 16 bit for Scorpion design

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Most of threads and posts to NRS balance team are hatemails and i think, that is not not fair, so i make this thread.
NRS-balance team and character architects!
Thank You for your job for character Scorpion and his great design! He's done very well: d1, d4, d3 amazing pokes, b143/b14~TP great hitconfirmable mid, f3 his best mid, making him grappler, lol, b2 great whiffpunisher, TP forces enemy respect Scorpion anywhere on screen and do not make spam zoning or whiffed full-screen moves.
I very satisfied and enjoy playing him, I think he is pretty balanced now (high-tier at minimum), no needs nerf or buffs.
Thank You for your work

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Does his fatal blow armour start on frame 1? I've literally not been able to stuff it in the matches I've played against scorp.

Most of threads and posts to NRS balance team are hatemails and i think, that is not not fair, so i make this thread.
NRS-balance team and character architects!
Thank You for your job for character Scorpion and his great design! He's done very well: d1, d4, d3 amazing pokes, b143/b14~TP great hitconfirmable mid, f3 his best mid, making him grappler, lol, b2 great whiffpunisher, TP forces enemy respect Scorpion anywhere on screen and do not make spam zoning or whiffed full-screen moves.
I very satisfied and enjoy playing him, I think he is pretty balanced now (high-tier at minimum), no needs nerf or buffs.
Thank You for your work
Pretty much the same I am thinking about him.
But I agree with others as well who tell that other characters can do the same but maybe a bit better. :)
E.g. Cassie Cage has the same or even better footsie game - more even better staggers - good counterzone too just in different way - probably better up close with 9F MID to make respect even a -3 move.

But I am absolutely satisfied with him right now - and fits to my playtyle (but not everybody likes that).

I think Scorpion Ninjustu was grappler too (due to fear of F2) - Mk11 scorpion look even more grappler due to fear of KB F34 and F32 with v2. But there are other characters with very strong staggers too - they are all top tiers probably. :D

Only thing I do not really like is the outlook of Scorpion. Now it feels like a fairy tale anime char to me especially the victory screen (I rather laugh on it instead of feelingthe power lol).
MKX Scorpion was pretty awesome look lol - I felt the power and rage with him especially in the victory screen.
But the other characters are the same it is the mk11 design haha.

The dancing move of amplified Death Spin is probably a joke from 16bit. :D I was laughing for a minute when I saw it first time.