What's new

Texas Gets Shaft at MLG (as usual)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The worst part is Papa and Hysteria not only had to face each other first match in winners, now they have to face each other AGAIN in losers. This is a blowup.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I really feel for you guys...I went through something similar at Dallas for MK9, I ended up playing 16 Bit 2nd or 3rd round I think. At this point its kind of obvious that MLG does very little seeding based on region, if any seeding is done at all.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
while it sucks, it really does, this is a 1v1 event.

If people really didn't want to face a "Team Mate" then only send one player from your "Team". Send your best guy to win it for "Your Team"

Other wise you just have to play the matches.

This is in no way shape or form a team even. MLG doesn't give a shit about your Clan tag, sponser tag or where you live.

This is the way the tourny is, and you have to play the matches to win the money.

that's ridiculous! sorry to see that guys. Would it be possible to trade spots with someone and just play under their name tag if they refuse to change the bracket?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yeah, I saw that. A lot of C88s were paired up against each other too.

All in all I am really glad I didn't attend this, and will probably never spend money to go to an MLG event after seeing this clusterfuck of an event unless maybe if they bring back the Columbus event (Since that would be roughly a half hour away from my house).

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Yeah, I saw that. A lot of C88s were paired up against each other too.

All in all I am really glad I didn't attend this, and will probably never spend money to go to an MLG event after seeing this clusterfuck of an event unless maybe if they bring back the Columbus event (Since that would be roughly a half hour away from my house).
Agreed. I'm in Cincinnati. And about 90 minutes is the farthest I'd ever want to travel for this God forsaken league. Taking this money I would have spent and going to EVO next month.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Agreed. I'm in Cincinnati. And about 90 minutes is the farthest I'd ever want to travel for this God forsaken league. Taking this money I would have spent and going to EVO next month.
Wait your in Cincinnati? You should go to our bi-weekly tournaments at Arcade Legacy every other Thursday (We theoretically have training sessions every Thurs, but there haven't been as many people on the off-weeks lately since my car broke down and I'm 4-6 people's rides).

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Wait your in Cincinnati? You should go to our bi-weekly tournaments at Arcade Legacy every other Thursday (We theoretically have training sessions every Thurs, but there haven't been as many people on the off-weeks lately since my car broke down and I'm 4-6 people's rides).
In Cincinnati Mills? I'm like literally 10 minutes from the mall. I had no idea that place did FG tourneys.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
In Cincinnati Mills? I'm like literally 10 minutes from the mall. I had no idea that place did FG tourneys.
Oh yeah, we have pretty much every fighting game there, and we have a fairly active Injustice scene there. Next tournament will be next Thursday. I start them at 8 PM usually to help people who work get there, but I try to show up earlier for friendlies.

EDIT: If you have facebook, we have the multiple FG groups for Cinci:

Group for NRS games: https://www.facebook.com/groups/454333527975618/

Group for general Cinci FGs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/454333527975618/

Sorry to sidetrack the thread by the way, but hey, I'm growing my scene!

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Is there a fee to get in? I'll definitely come. I live in Colerain lol right off 275. I'm just looking for some people to play with that aren't online. I've looked all over for casuals for Injustice/MK but couldn't ever find anything.

I'm surprised too, that mall has been so dead for years lol. Haven't been in it since I was like 18 I think.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Is there a fee to get in? I'll definitely come. I live in Colerain lol right off 275. I'm just looking for some people to play with that aren't online. I've looked all over for casuals for Injustice/MK but couldn't ever find anything.

I'm surprised too, that mall has been so dead for years lol. Haven't been in it since I was like 18 I think.
Yeah, Arcade Legacy is pretty much the only thing in that mall with any sort of activity.

There is a $5 entry fee, and I put a $2 entry for our bi-weekly tournament (Just enough to have a pot pretty much, but not so much that the more broke members of our scene can't enter).

Also here's the result threads/write-ups since I took over the NRS tournaments in our area (Shameless advertising? Yes, most definitely.):

http://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshinoyo-wins-step-yo-game-up-bi-weeklies-5-29.43409/ (This one is from a month ago and has a stream)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/eevee-wins-step-yo-game-up-bi-weeklies-6-12.44065/ (This one is from last week and unfortunately has no stream; it was the Melee community's turn to have it)

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Oh awesome, I'll be sure to come next Thursday! It's gonna be rough my first couple times. I've been such a hardcore PC gamer since I was like 10, I have been playing with my keyboard since the day I got Injustice, I have a converter lol. Easier on the hands and my button layout is really easy on my wrists. But, don't need people making fun of me haha. I'm slowly transitioning to a controller though, albeit a lot of input errors until I get used to it.