What's new

Terminator skin explanation

So did NRS ever address why they didn’t put the actual movie skin in they used for the reveal trailer? Surely they received rights to use Dark Fate version fully no? There’s no resemblance to the earlier movie looks, so must have been too expensive. Maybe Arnold messed with using his likeliness in any shape or form, which would explain both skins and voices lack of resemblance.

Any info would be appreciated!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So did NRS ever address why they didn’t put the actual movie skin in they used for the reveal trailer? Surely they received rights to use Dark Fate version fully no? There’s no resemblance to the earlier movie looks, so must have been too expensive. Maybe Arnold messed with using his likeliness in any shape or form, which would explain both skins and voices lack of resemblance.

Any info would be appreciated!
it's most certainly that , due the Dark Fate movie, the copyright holders just allowed NRS and WB , to use the character if they could make it resembling the Dark Fate version only, since , the movie and the DLC just came out with few months of time separation among them .... so, kinda they allowed the use permission of the character, but, wanting to take advantage of him in order to promove the new Terminator movie, so, using the MK11 version as propaganda , marketing strategy and advertisement for the movie .... :rolleyes:

fact is, the movie flopped (it's a crap bad movie that tainted the Terminator franchise, hehe) and they restricted NRS in their creative field, not allowing using freely the Terminator character, and so, because of this, NRS just thought right, sort of "why spend millions to have Arnold voicing this DLC, if we can use only the Dark Fate version, it just not work, not worth the full investiment" ...... and so, they opted for an impersonator of Mr.Schwarzenegger, that , I'm sure, was much more cheaper to hire, hehe ! ;)

for Rambo, is another story, the scenario for them (NRS) was much more favorable, and so, they were allowed to use all versions of the character, and Sly himself, did all the voice acting work, so, Rambo will be a much more faithful and amazing version on MK11, than the Terminator one, ha ! :p

xenogorgeous

So basically they allowed it for promotion once.
yep .... if Dark Fate movie was not planned for 2019, or even, could not have been produced anyway, I'm pretty sure if NRS would come up with a much much better version of this character, at least, on his aesthetic aspect .....

the same way the did with Rambo, they could use the Terminator 1 and 2 skins, for pure homage purpose ..... but due the Dark Fate deal, they had to work what they got permission with, so ....

Art Lean

Noob
I've not seen Dark Fate (or Genisys for that matter, whilst I've only seen 3 & 4 once respectively each too, god end this franchise already) but are literally all the boring Terminator skins inspired by that movie then?

Since he was released I've always found it baffling there's not a classic 80s biker jacket skin from the T2 poster as one of his outfits, but if what you've all described is what's happened, guess that tragically explains it.

i'd never even considered the fact that just because they have access to the face doesn't mean that can be more indulgent with the clothing he wears.

yep .... if Dark Fate movie was not planned for 2019, or even, could not have been produced anyway, I'm pretty sure if NRS would come up with a much much better version of this character, at least, on his aesthetic aspect .....

the same way the did with Rambo, they could use the Terminator 1 and 2 skins, for pure homage purpose ..... but due the Dark Fate deal, they had to work what they got permission with, so ....
You are missing my point. I'm saying the exact skin with the exposed eye was only allowed to be used for promotion purposes. That skin is not in the game! And it was already obvious they were not allowed to make the skin in the game not look like Arnold nor were they allowed to use the trademark exposed eye look, probably because T2 is known for it and maybe Arnold had a problem with that or it was just too close to the earlier movies so as not to have any possibility of copyright issues, they just didn't use a single thing that looks like Terminator from other movies. In any case, Arnold and the production company who owns the earlier Terminator are probably assholes and or just wanted a lot of money for it. What I don't understand in all of this is that the rest all has references to Terminator, so outros, intros etc. Maybe they just didn't want a Terminator replica that resembles the movies getting beat up so it all had to be vague and in outros and intros he's not getting beat up. If not, I don't understand what NRS was trying to do since it's a complete screw job outside of outros and intros. They even had to scrap the original Fatal Blow, which resembled T2 scene with the smoke grenade. Just anything closely resembling the movies seems like was not allowed to be used, at all! Look at Rambo, he has the exact look, a scene re-enacted in the Fatality etc.

trufenix

bye felicia
You not understanding what is iconic about Terminator and using a specific look once just for promotion might have to do with...crack? ;)
Why would they use a special Terminator only skin for promotion and not do the same with Joker (a character they own), or Spawn (a much higher anticipated character) or any of their own characters (who they are free to dress up however they want)? Stop inventing conspiracies.

Why would they use a special Terminator only skin for promotion and not do the same with Joker (a character they own), or Spawn (a much higher anticipated character) or any of their own characters (who they are free to dress up however they want)? Stop inventing conspiracies.
Because they were obviously allowed to do so and it's the actual skin for the version they got rights for...how hard is it to think?

trufenix

bye felicia
Because they were obviously allowed to do so and it's the actual skin for the version they got rights for...how hard is it to think?
"Obviously" allowed by who, for what purpose? You think a contract was written between two adult humans that says you may use our characters name, likeness, and several other designs for your video game, but this one costume is only approved for 6 seconds in a shadowy teaser trailer?

Is that why you think they went with that Joker model instead of the one in game? Because that's all DC would allow?

"Obviously" allowed by who, for what purpose? You think a contract was written between two adult humans that says you may use our characters name, likeness, and several other designs for your video game, but this one costume is only approved for 6 seconds in a shadowy teaser trailer?

Is that why you think they went with that Joker model instead of the one in game? Because that's all DC would allow?
Are you just playing dumb or what? Yes, there's no other reason for it not being in the game. They might have changed it post-trailer. Arnold is known as a pain in the ass and there's serious money involved with using likeliness. Why you keep bringing up Joker, totally different story, showing you really don't understand.

xenogorgeous

Are you just playing dumb or what? Yes, there's no other reason for it not being in the game. They might have changed it post-trailer. Arnold is known as a pain in the ass and there's serious money involved with using likeliness. Why you keep bringing up Joker, totally different story, showing you really don't understand.
you got a point here, hehe :D

Off topic but Terminator should never have been turned into a franchise. Terminator 2 was such a special movie with a perfect ending that didn’t really allow much room for any future sequel. Everything that has come after has been garbage and it taints its legacy.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I like his breaded face, exposed arm skins. I think they look really good and are a decent combination of his Dark Fate look and a call back to T2.

I thought the Arnie likeness was pretty good for the "old" model face (the younger one less so). What bums me out is his lines. The impression is okay, but most of his dialog is lame. I know writing for a machine isn't the easiest, but I feel like a lot more could have been done in for his intros.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I don't get it. Isn't this his classic skin?

Kinda

NRS only got the rights to the Dark Fate version of the character it seems. So, they couldn’t make a legit T1 or T2 skin, so this was their way of trying to make one but it isn’t the exact look from those movies. It’s not terrible but damn I wish they could’ve replicated the original films, especially after seeing how incredible Rambo looks

Art Lean

Noob
I don't get it. Isn't this his classic skin?

It's that hideous T3-styled round-collared modern padded motorcycle jacket that kills it for me. It screams "dad rock" and the movie Wild Hogs.

It lacks that classic dirty biker punk/metal fitted fashion aesthetic that Arnie's characters had in T1 and T2 that just gave them a far edgier and more classically anarchic appearance.

People still not getting it, there’s no exposed eye skin...that’s the main issue. And the young skins don’t resemble Arnold. It’s just infuriating that they got the license for Dark Fate, all these references, the endoskeleton yet the actual movie look was only allowed for the trailer. Licensing is such horse shit. If I were NRS, I would’ve not put him in like this.