What's new

Terminator shotgun KB needs help

DeftMonk

Noob
I have been playing this char a lot last few days just for fun and while I enjoy the guy theres some things I think he could use. One example is the shotgun blast KB. Once people lab this out I am sure no one will ever get hit by this KB in a tournament setting ever unless you give up a lot of dammy/any oki on 2 juggles in a row just to get it (which no one is going to do). The requirements state that you must miss 2 shotguns in a row to load this KB. This projectile is very easy to duck so obviously missing it isn't difficult but, if the opponent intentionally blocks every other shotgun you will never get it. Maybe land 3 ex shotguns like bicycle kick?

You can miss a shot after last hit of b312 and after running stance ex nut kick, its not 100% safe tho, some characters can punish with u2 or u3, but works against most of the cast.

DeftMonk

Noob
You can miss a shot after last hit of b312 and after running stance ex nut kick, its not 100% safe tho, some characters can punish with u2 or u3, but works against most of the cast.
I didn’t think of b312 that’s a good point. I was trying it after all kinds of other shit like u mentioned ex nut kick or certain juggles but good players just immediately get on me hard or u2 me i was thinking it’s just not worth it. I’ll try the b312 tho. Honestly feel hella dumb for not thinking about it now.

121~shotty as a juggle seems to work pretty well and knocks out of punish range. That said, you gotta get back in and whiff another shotgun blast.
If it needs anything I would allow amplified shotgun to also load the KB on whiff, so we can spend a bar if we want on a sufficient knockdown/juggle to load it.

Sacrificing oki for it twice, as you said, is pretty steep. The KB hits pretty damn hard once it is loaded, though.

DeftMonk

Noob
121~shotty as a juggle seems to work pretty well and knocks out of punish range. That said, you gotta get back in and whiff another shotgun blast.
If it needs anything I would allow amplified shotgun to also load the KB on whiff, so we can spend a bar if we want on a sufficient knockdown/juggle to load it.

Sacrificing oki for it twice, as you said, is pretty steep. The KB hits pretty damn hard once it is loaded, though.
Ya in hinds sight it isn't the worst KB requirement tho. Had a kinda knee jerk reaction there. Can think of at least 5 KB 100 times worse and NRS doesn't do anything about those.

I agree. If you can manage to close in while whiffing two shots I think you earned the KB since it's pretty easy to get forced out and possibly have to start shooting again to get closer.
Pretty rewarding once you do, although DF players are probably going to choose loading grab KB on juggles instead of shotty more often.

People were talking all this good shit about terminator but I rarely see him online and I don't see him in tournament

DeftMonk

Noob
People were talking all this good shit about terminator but I rarely see him online and I don't see him in tournament
I had a lot of fun with him for awhile but some characters play keep away really well vs him. It’s annoying as hell. It’s kind of like playing jacqui but u move like a tortoise and u don’t have dash punch.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
doesn't he have a 52% 1 bar combo and others hitting 48%?

Maybe he dose ot need a good crushing blow on the shotgun?

Also, how do you play keep away from a teleport?

DeftMonk

Noob
doesn't he have a 52% 1 bar combo and others hitting 48%?

Maybe he dose ot need a good crushing blow on the shotgun?

Also, how do you play keep away from a teleport?
I dunno about u bro but i usually play competitive variations in which teleport doesn't exist. Terminator hits like a fuckin truck and if u try to wake up u2/push buttons/wake up jump after a combo into a meaty u can die in 2 touches. Obviously this is no joke. But my kombat league experience with him was like this: I labbed figured out some shit that I thought was good... and made a gameplan. It sucked. I lost to good players frequently. Went back to drawing board and realized how to play this character and won a lot. But when I ran into the same players I whom I could beat with cage who played in this manner: Get life lead. Get full screen and alternate between projectil/ex projectile/backdash. In a shit connection situation getting in on this with terminator sucks ass. So easy to run out the clock. Extremely frustrating. Walking them to corner and praying i can kill them before they flip over and walk back doing same shit.

This was just my experience but it was super annoying.

So I was just thinking; sacrificing a solid f32 confirm just to load the shotgun KB feels icky, but b2, 121~shotgun seems like a much better exchange of resources/opportunity.

B2 is a high, but much faster than f3, and since B2 scales damage so heavily it might as well be used as a setup opportunity for a shotty whiff or a back breaker load.
(and honestly I don't know why else I would use B2)

Thoughts?