What's new

Terminator Discoveries and Tech!

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I appreciate ya'll tagging me! :) My personal life is suuuper busy atm. I'm gonna lab the shit outta this character when I get a bit more time! I'm so glad we have a robot/setup character besides Frost :)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I appreciate ya'll tagging me! :) My personal life is suuuper busy atm. I'm gonna lab the shit outta this character when I get a bit more time! I'm so glad we have a robot/setup character besides Frost :)
Whenever, I know you can turn them into something crazy.

Another Setups based off my earlier one.

Ion Grenade Setup that sets up a +37 grenade on block that forces them to guess between overhead/low and it ends the combo with a restands that is +10 on restand which also jails into mix (121/123/212):

@Vslayer
@fr stack
@STB Sgt Reed
@MKF30
@Circus
@thlityoursloat

If you can test this and see what beats it that would be awesome and maybe what else you can do involving this. Its nowhere near optimal.

- The grenade setup in +34 to +37 on block so it allows dash cancel into nearly everything. Very Strong but there are methods to escape. Which is how it should be imo.
Note: I found that the grenade is more plus on block depending on the timing you B1 at I'm pushing +40 on block that they have to hold if they don't armor WU. Great way to force them to spend bar.

- The restand at end of combo only jails into 9f normals (since its +10) consistently but you are point blank in their face so you could probably get a CMD Grab off as well as 123(low)/212(Overhead).

Additional info about grenades:
Terminator only has 2 grenades and they refresh after the timer ends.

Ion grenades regen 6 seconds after you throw one.
Incapacitator Grenades regen 5 seconds after you throw one.

I'm finding these grenades are very strong and come back super quick. The limit it has doesn't stop you from doing combo after combo but instead limits how many grenades you can throw in consecutive combos. So you have to micro manage them and know your recovery rate of when they flash to be very effective with them.

As mentioned above you can do combo into disable grenade to remove wakeup options before doing this setup since it only requires one grenade.

Or

You can condition the not to wakeup with other setups that stuff WU's.

Auto FB into Anti Meter setup:

Anti WU setups with Ion Grenade:

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

PSA
You can loop the grenades. Its a very tight timing but if you do the right combo you can get a grenade back to use a 3rd one all in a row.
I used the incapacitator grenade in combo one which made opponent unable to use meter on the next combo.
I time the combo just right and I got a grenade back just in time to set another on know down in the corner and it out trades Barakas U+3 WU because he can't use armor. So this sets up a 50/50 they have to guess two times with the ender being +10 for a potential 100%

Let me know if you all can find anything to expand this. I'm sure its not optimal.

@Circus
@fr stack
@thlityoursloat
@Vslayer
@scarsunseen

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I may have found something dirty. Let me know if I'm missing something on this.
Ending a string in Ex Shotgun leaves you at +16. Jailing that into his 4 and it seems like his command grab is unavoidable. Again, maybe I'm missing something here

After EX Shotgun, your opponent must block the stand 4 and then jump to escape the command grab. You have him just holding up to get hit by the 4, so of course that juggles into command grab. It's a good mix but it's not guaranteed like you are implying.

LawAbidingCitizen

V2 air-grab amp doesnt let me combo after.. I`m on PC. Could someone confirm this stuff even works on PC?
I don't use that variation. I main V3 but I've seen REO on stream do Air Grab into Amped Restand and follow up with F2 that combos into DBF2 CMD Grab. Looks like the timing is tight like he is inputing just after the restand.

I don't use that variation. I main V3 but I've seen REO on stream do Air Grab into Amped Restand and follow up with F2 that combos into DBF2 CMD Grab. Looks like the timing is tight like he is inputing just after the restand.
My bad, i was doing it wrong. Should have been cancelling into string right after the air grab amp, not waiting for opponent to land. All works. V2 1 bar 377 damage: F32, J forward D+L1 amp ~ f3.2, microdash d1bf2(cmg). Originally saw Ninjakilla doing it, although he did it in some more of a complicated way.

Last edited:
So I was just mucking around in training and noticed that landing f2~bf1 whiffs the shotgun on small to medium sized characters and is safe to their wake ups.
f32, f2~bf1 is kind of tight to land, but the shotgun always whiffs on everyone and is still safe against Geras' U2.

This could be a handy way of loading that KB while also remaining close and safe.
Now, whether you wanna give up a solid f32 confirm for whiffing shotguns is another story.

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Any clever tech/set ups for trying to get the U2 KB? U2 supposed to be immune to pokes...should I try U2 reversaling a downpoke? haha

Shit seems hard to get