What's new

Terminator Discoveries and Tech!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I might have found a problem with Terminator. If someone has a solution to this please let me know.

What is Terminator's strongest punish from his standing jabs? There are many things in the game that are barely punishable and require strong punishes from jabs.

What is Terminator's in Dark Fate and Destroyer?
@Gamer68 @Vslayer @FanTalk @Evil Canadian
I don't think he has one, the only 'big' damage you could get is from maybe B2? Or his S4 into the leg grab but not sure both of those are quick enough to punish anyways. I think the best option is to shimmy and mix them up, or throw? Even tho he has no set-ups on his throws, at least in Destroyer, which is what I was mainly playing last night.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Yeah, I think once people are used to him they'll interrupt it. I mean there's still a mind game with the mid and stuff but I just don't see his 50/50s being good without safe options to back it up.
It isn't taking people getting used to him. To many people online are just fucking hard disrespectful so they will spam try to poke you out anyways. Once they know they can once. It's infinite d1 into jumpy jump land like the cancerous garbage they are

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It isn't taking people getting used to him. To many people online are just fucking hard disrespectful so they will spam try to poke you out anyways. Once they know they can once. It's infinite d1 into jumpy jump land like the cancerous garbage they are
Yeah but I mean if there's a gap, people gonna know about it whether they mash or know to interrupt. Terminator has really good anti-airs so there's a plus, but I still think he's low mid-tier at best.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah but I mean if there's a gap, people gonna know about it whether they mash or know to interrupt. Terminator has really good anti-airs so there's a plus, but I still think he's low mid-tier at best.
Why do you think that? I've mostly used V3 and I feel its very strong. The only real thing he lacks is zoning which he makes up for with Counter Zoning from DB3(the better Scud Shot).

Not sure about V1 & V2 but Cyrax 2.0 has solid punishes from s1/s2, Amazing AA's, Great WU's, Great counter zoning, Great Damage, Decent KB's, great Mix, Ticks, amazing pokes, amazing jailing, great setups.

I just don't see him being bad anywhere. I guess he doesn't have a 9f mid but he does have B1(13f mid) which is cancelable into safety, F4 (16f mid) with good range and adv, great D4 and unreactable oh/low and brake level jailing.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Found a very good simple setup.

String, amp close Grenade, j1, b32 close grenade puts you in a position that's away from all wakeup attacks, covers forward roll, and lets you jail any normal, letting you sneak in a jump in.

Of Course, you can end in bf1 to stop their wakeup all together ;)

dead guy

Noob
Sorry if this is a repeat post but Dark Fate Terminator can combo from F32 directly to instant air command grab ex either damage ender or use the restand for more running man pressure

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Some part of me feels the same way but I also think it's a WAY too early to write off a character with such possible depth like that. He is a solid character at a base level and all 3 variations have potential (especially v3). I'm reserving judgment (day) until we see the full extent of what we can do with the grenades.

Theres a bug with V3 where his ion grenades inherit the cooldown of incapacitator in certain situations. Check out the inputs.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
So he has a 6f D1, 1 Bar 450 DMG, safe 50/50´s ...

Should i wait until the DLC-Decoy phase is over and he got patched or learn him now?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Why do you think that? I've mostly used V3 and I feel its very strong. The only real thing he lacks is zoning which he makes up for with Counter Zoning from DB3(the better Scud Shot).

Not sure about V1 & V2 but Cyrax 2.0 has solid punishes from s1/s2, Amazing AA's, Great WU's, Great counter zoning, Great Damage, Decent KB's, great Mix, Ticks, amazing pokes, amazing jailing, great setups.

I just don't see him being bad anywhere. I guess he doesn't have a 9f mid but he does have B1(13f mid) which is cancelable into safety, F4 (16f mid) with good range and adv, great D4 and unreactable oh/low and brake level jailing.
Bad buttons, he'll struggle a lot up close once people figure him out.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
One interesting thing about Final Judgment is that Incapacitor can be easily be put on a zoning opponent, who will then have their zoning reduced by the inability to use meter, while also making their neutral less dangerous. Final Judgment's footsies are very weak so I think it's important to use this move to limit the opponent's options. Between that and Killing Machine, I think this variation should be able to limit zoning that might normally be a pain in the ass without a real projectile to trade with.

Go talk about tiers in the gen discussion thread! Keep the juicy tech coming instead!

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
The stubiness of well everything he does is quite shocking for me.. his longest reaching normal isn't even a normal it's his fucking CMD grab. Maybe s4 beats it but you can grab outside of poke range

LawAbidingCitizen

Some things I'm experimenting with in Final Judgment:

V3 Ion Grenade Setups:

Auto Flawless Block:
Can do it off:
All of these are perfect being -5.

I was hoping to share tech with you @scarsunseen
You did work with Cyrax in MKX and I'm curious what you can turn this into.

I've found Ion setups that beat Wakeup U2/U3/Roll/Jump/Delay and so on. But it seems most of them require you to do them differently for different options.

Best buttons for Ion Grenade setups are:
B1xxIon (For Wakeup U3/U2)
B31xxIonGrenade (for Long Delay Wakeup )

21xxIonG (Roll)
s3xxIon (Short Delay)

Most of them stuff jump

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Arnie has swag boyz
B31 bf3 amp, micro dash d2, d1 dbf2 :tonyt
Uploading a string setup now.
I found a way to setup an Ion -Grenade on wakeup that jails them into 50/50. They can't jump it but I think they can U+3/Delay WU to get out.
Still awesome cuz it means the opponent has to guess between a true 50/50 F2/F3 and if they guess wrong its 40-50% of their life gone. This setup only uses 1 grenade so keep in mind its completely possible to Incapacitate them then do this setup to remove all their wakeup options and even Breakaway.

Have it up in about 5 minutes:

@fr stack
@scarsunseen
@Vslayer

LawAbidingCitizen

Uploading a string setup now.
I found a way to setup an Ion -Grenade on wakeup that jails them into 50/50. They can't jump it but I think they can U+3/Delay WU to get out.
Still awesome cuz it means the opponent has to guess between a true 50/50 F2/F3 and if they guess wrong its 40-50% of their life gone. This setup only uses 1 grenade so keep in mind its completely possible to Incapacitate them then do this setup to remove all their wakeup options and even Breakaway.

Have it up in about 5 minutes:

@fr stack
@scarsunseen
@Vslayer