What's new

Terminator Discoveries and Tech!

Gamer68

Fujin!
121 seems like a pretty good string. Has 7 frames of start-up, is special cancel-able, and is only -5 on block. Haven't noticed an obvious gap, so if there is one, it seems kinda hard to flawless block. Of course the second and third hit are mids, so you can't D1 after the first high.

It gets even better, though. On hit this string will give you 14 frames of advantage.

This means if you hit the opponent with this, then do something like F32 which start-ups in 19 frames, there will only be a 5 frame gap for them to do anything.

I've tried 6-frame D1'ing my way out of this, but it doesn't work. Seems to be a real frame trap to catch people mashing buttons.

It needs more testing, but seriously, 121 string seems very good for frame traps. I used F32 as an example but other strings or even normals start-up faster so you may be able to trap them with something else, especially in the corner where they can't move.

What I'm interested in is, is it possible to FORCE your opponent to block a tick-throwable move? There could be some real hard-to-escape situations possible, right?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I might play Dark Fate just for F4 and F4~Running Man, that shit is hot

I really like setup variations though and Incapacitator seems cool. And you can do F4~BF3 Amp and be safe most of the time so there's that! BF3 Amp grants side switch chances.

People are starting to talk about it but he has a lot of good hit advantage from different stuff, reminds me of Raiden's F3 into B2/throw mix. B3, B32, F4, 121, Shotgun and Shotgun amp are both significantly plus, with the walk forward shotgun amp you can get midscreen strike/throw mixups.

Gamer68

Fujin!
121 will leave you at 14 frames advantage.

This means you can do F3 with just a 5 frame gap. Within that gap, it seems they can't D1, backdash, etc. F3 will even hit them out of jump (but they will be airborne).

Now off of F3, you can tick-throw into Gorilla Press Slam (DBF2 command grab) or go into F32, OR go into F34.

You can more or less put your opponent in a situation where they HAVE to block F3, then guess whether or not you are going to do a tick-throw or do a whole string. If they try to avoid the tick-throw by jumping, they will get hit by the last hit of the string (which ever one you do). If they try to block the string, then you can just tick-throw.

EDIT: Just realized you can neutral duck the command grab. This could still be good for mind-games though.

Marinjuana

First impression of the F3 tick throw is that you can fuzzy block F3~Command Grab, F34 and F32. You block F3, then neutral crouch, then block low and then let go of down to block the overhead. You may even be able to time it so that you will always flawless block attack the F34, and still block the overhead, which is safe. It may be impossible to punish the throw while blocking the other options. And I'm sure some special moves will add more mindgames to the mixup.

Edit: The overhead is not unsafe so if you want to punish that for real you need to flawless block it. But you shouldn't be getting mixed by straight F3~command grab/F32, he should have to add in F34 and other stuff to make it real.

Marinjuana

F34?
Don't you mean F32?

I'm not home atm. If F34 also has a pokeable gap, that'd be unfortunate lol.
I meant F34 but I just deleted that post because I'm not sure that you can interrupt it, I may have just made a mistake in the lab with random recordings but he can do a d1 and trade with F34. But that's not really a big deal unless if 6 frame d1s get a trade there, only if they can interrupt which I think was just a mistake on my part

Gamer68

Fujin!
First impression of the F3 tick throw is that you can fuzzy block F3~Command Grab, F34 and F32. You block F3, then neutral crouch, then block low and then let go of down to block the overhead. You may even be able to time it so that you will always flawless block attack the F34, and still block the overhead, which is safe. It may be impossible to punish the throw while blocking the other options. And I'm sure some special moves will add more mindgames to the mixup.

Edit: The overhead is not unsafe so if you want to punish that for real you need to flawless block it. But you shouldn't be getting mixed by straight F3~command grab/F32, he should have to add in F34 and other stuff to make it real.
Ah, I didn't realize you could neutral duck the command grab. I wonder if there are still hard to block set-ups from 121 frame-traps.

Gamer68

Fujin!
In Dark Fate, Running Man makes F3 even scarier though.

F3xxRunningManMidTackle can't be ducked. So that and his other safer options from Running Man add even more depth to the mixup.
I don't know why TF I've been practicing Final Judgment this entire time when Dark Fate seems to be the F3 mix-up machine, lol. I kinda forgot he had Running Man available.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
It breaks my heart a bit that the third variation has a timer on the grenades(2 at a time, then wait), and the debuff also counts as using one of your grenades.
Ive mostly turned my opinion around on this. I didn't know how stupid grenades are and how they make literally everything safe basically. Any poke be it f4 or b1 into mid ex grenade is only -4 at worst with massive pushback, or you just get a combo.

Zero risk, all reward.

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
In Dark Fate, Running Man makes F3 even scarier though.

F3xxRunningManMidTackle can't be ducked. So that and his other safer options from Running Man add even more depth to the mixup.
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I labbed f3 running man doesn't jail and can be poked out of and if ur gonna get them to block u need f34 which is still not a bad option. F4 running man on the other hand is guaranteed

Gamer68

Fujin!
Ive mostly turned my opinion around on this. I didn't know how stupid grenades are and how they make literally everything safe basically. Any poke be it f4 or b1 into mid ex grenade is only -4 at worst with massive pushback, or you just get a combo.

Zero risk, all reward.
What are some of the better ways to get the grenades out? Like set-ups and whatnot.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
What are some of the better ways to get the grenades out? Like set-ups and whatnot.
Need more time. I have found grenade setups that crush up3's, but lose to up 2's. If you get hit, your grenade goes away. Figure out more in time.

But right now its basically like fuck setups, im just gonna do a mid into medium range grenade ex, and if it hits full combo if not reset to neutral lol.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I might have found a problem with Terminator. If someone has a solution to this please let me know.

What is Terminator's strongest punish from his standing jabs? There are many things in the game that are barely punishable and require strong punishes from jabs.

What is Terminator's in Dark Fate and Destroyer?
@Gamer68 @Vslayer @FanTalk @Evil Canadian

Gamer68

Fujin!
I might have found a problem with Terminator. If someone has a solution to this please let me know.

What is Terminator's strongest punish from his standing jabs? There are many things in the game that are barely punishable and require strong punishes from jabs.

From Dark Fate you can do 121 > Run > 3 for around 152 damage (pretty low) or in the corner you can do 2 out of Run instead to get a corner combo. At least 250 damage meterless, but probably more with a more optimal combo.

With Destroyer you can do 121 > Close Endo Lunge for about 161 or Amplify it for 210.

Not very impressive damage, but this is what I could find at a glance and honestly might be the only punishes he can get from his standing 1 jab.

Gamer68

Fujin!
@Circus

I forgot to mention that for Dark Fate you can do 121 > EX Shotgun for 193 or double EX (probably not worth it) for 239 which would be that variation's highest midscreen meter punish off of standing 1.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Sorry for the triple post, but also apparently Amplified Shotgun (forward walk) leaves the opponent standing and Terminator at a +16 frame advantage, so you might be able to start his F3 frame-trap and mix-ups in Dark Fate.

@Circus

EDIT: From a quick test it does seem like you can frame-trap the opponent, assuming they don't flawless block. I guess you don't HAVE to go for the F3, though.

DeftMonk

Noob
Ah, I didn't realize you could neutral duck the command grab. I wonder if there are still hard to block set-ups from 121 frame-traps.
I mean bro not many people are gonna poke after they just ate a string. Not seeing the usage of 121 on hit as a frame trap...might as well just go for the mix after this no?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I mean bro not many people are gonna poke after they just ate a string. Not seeing the usage of 121 on hit as a frame trap...might as well just go for the mix after this no?
Yeah, I think it still has usage it's just that against players that know how to fuzzy block it's not as good.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

this is part of why I believe his third variation will be the best. The other variations have me saying...how the fuck am I going to open someone up, especially in the long term when people are used to Terminator. With the grenades, you get that. You get to actually hit people with combos and go into setups.

DeftMonk

Noob
this is part of why I believe his third variation will be the best. The other variations have me saying...how the fuck am I going to open someone up, especially in the long term when people are used to Terminator. With the grenades, you get that. You get to actually hit people with combos and go into setups.
Pls tell me those grenades are lows and he has an overhead:joker:

found 2fatal blow combo:
f3,2 b3,1 amp airgrab b3 amp airgrab b1 fatal blow 518.06

f3,4 krushing blow( f3 misses but 4 connects) b3,1 amp airgrab b3 amp airgrab, b1 fatal blown 554.35